Got summoned for Jury Duty...FML

Yeah, it's not so bad, but the date they want me there I will be out of town. Anyone have pointers for getting out of it that seem more legit than thatthough?

Call 2 days before and say you're out of town because of a your grandmother died.

Just re-schedule or ignore it.
If you haven't called to confirm yet, use "deniability" and state that you never received it.

I re-scheduled mine but I'm mad because they didn't pick the closest court room to my home.
Now I have to drive 15-20 miles to the LA Court Room just to wait my time on this thing.

Originally Posted by OGMIKEY

Call 2 days before and say you're out of town because of a your grandmother died.
smile.gif
lulz

I'm pretty sure you can call in to reschedule. Uhh, you still interested in the Co.Jps?
tongue.gif
Kidding.

I wrote a typed letter back to the summons' office and told them I was a student.

They wrote back saying to disregard the previous letter, so I was good.

Originally Posted by Bleepthat

Its easy cash...go for it!

laugh.gif

I think they pay like $2 per hour. That doesn't even cover the cost of gas and food.

only thing more annoying than jury duty are the people who complain about jury duty nonstop while you are there all day
laugh.gif

Tell them due to swine flu and don't want to be in a confined area with strangers. But if that doesn't work tell them you believe strongly in theamerican justice system and if someone had a case go far to court, they're probably guilty.

I had jury duty last week but I missed it.. I kinda forgot about it so yeah. Plus I'm all the way in school..
I called them the next day, and the person said I'm done and wait another year.

Hmm thanks for the input lol. Its hard to believe that saying I'm a student will get me out of it (mainly because I'm already done with the semester onthe 18th), but I'll hope that they dont know that lol. And Luong, nah sorry lol. I'm hurting to sell some stuff right now too.

Originally Posted by alljayevryjay

Hmm thanks for the input lol. Its hard to believe that saying I'm a student will get me out of it (mainly because I'm already done with the semester on the 18th), but I'll hope that they dont know that lol. And Luong, nah sorry lol. I'm hurting to sell some stuff right now too.
tell them your in summer school. Anyways I think you can cancel up to 3 times.

Originally Posted by alljayevryjay

lets hope that the rules everywhere else apply to Cali haha.
I'm sure it will. I live in San Francisco/Daly City. You'll be alright.

I was kidding about the Co.Jps though haha. Good luck!

I got picked, never had to do it. It Doesn't mean you're gonna have to do it. You have to call in the morning. What number do you have do you know? Thehigher number the better.

just skip it and dont worry about. Enough people show up so they dont worry about the ones that dont.

Originally Posted by daemacho

just skip it and dont worry about. Enough people show up so they dont worry about the ones that dont.

is that real advice or NT I hope you get screwed over advice?

Back
Top Bottom