Has anybody bought the Reebok Zigtechs?

You don't understand the way that the shoes work though. They make you do less work because of the propel function that they use. That ultimately will make your gait less natural and your muscles and tendons don't get that full workout they need. I'm so sold on barefoot running and the benefits that it gives you and the ZigTech is just the TOTAL opposite direction that is very beneficial to your stride when running. I'm not going of off opinions, i'm going off of FACTS!

Nobody has an attitude, you just take it the wrong way when people disagree with you. Posers? What does that even mean? Seems like you're the one getting salty.

Crazy EBW isnt lyin. One of the trainers for the US mens soccer team told me the same thing

One of the coaches for the childrens tetherball league told me that I don't care and these shoes are unreal.

Originally Posted by Crazy EBW

These really AREN'T the real deal, thats the thing. These will make your legs SO WEAK if you run in them.

No offense, but who in the world thinks that long distance running will strengthen your legs?  If someone does then they have bigger problems.  I guess if you're a serious x-country runner than you may want to avoid these based on what you're saying ,besides that I don't see an issue.  Squats, deads, raises etc are to strengthen your legs, not long distance jogging/running.  That's like all these people who only lift upper body and say, "I don't need to lift legs, I run a lot".  
eyes.gif

I'm interested in these, I never jog anymore because my knees are shot to hell from my bball career and pounding the pavement leads to a ton of pain for me.  But I miss the occasional stress-relieving outdoor jog in the summer time, haven't been on a jog outside in 3-4 years.  Do these reduce a lot of the impact on your knees and ankles when running?  What about doing a workout like Insanity, does it make it easier on your joints?  Or do they simply make out of shape people walk faster and give them false confidence?

^So your saying running doesnt strengthen your leg at all...period?
Just like repeated workouts of the arm, running is repeated workouts of your leg.
I dont understand what your saying.......

Originally Posted by ehh

Originally Posted by Crazy EBW

These really AREN'T the real deal, thats the thing. These will make your legs SO WEAK if you run in them.

No offense, but who in the world thinks that long distance running will strengthen your legs?  If someone does then they have bigger problems.  I guess if you're a serious x-country runner than you may want to avoid these based on what you're saying ,besides that I don't see an issue.  Squats, deads, raises etc are to strengthen your legs, not long distance jogging/running.  That's like all these people who only lift upper body and say, "I don't need to lift legs, I run a lot".  
eyes.gif

I'm interested in these, I never jog anymore because my knees are shot to hell from my bball career and pounding the pavement leads to a ton of pain for me.  But I miss the occasional stress-relieving outdoor jog in the summer time, haven't been on a jog outside in 3-4 years.  Do these reduce a lot of the impact on your knees and ankles when running?  What about doing a workout like Insanity, does it make it easier on your joints?  Or do they simply make out of shape people walk faster and give them false confidence?
???????????????

Originally Posted by madore

I'm so serious. I'm pretty sure that no matter the shoe you are wearing, if you are to be running in them your legs will not get weak. Maybe instead of not trusting in what a company says a tech is suppose to do, you should listen EBW. You have opinions and we are all obligated to have one, but just because you feel something should be a certain way does not mean that it's right. Moving on, maybe the feeling of not having sore muscles after a long run may be mistaken for making your legs weak but let's think of it this way. You can workout at the gym and not consume much protein and have sore muscles for days. If you have a protein shake or eat a protein rich meal after your workout, your muscles will recover faster and you won't be as sore. That being said just because you take the protein and don't feel the soreness for days after your workout, does not mean that you are getting "weak" in fact you are doing more good for your body this way. So if you are still reading up to this point, what I am trying to say is the Zigtech is the "protein" that maybe most running shoes have been missing. I don't feel any soreness in my legs after a long run in these and I also don't feel as if I am getting weaker by using them. I respect that you do contribute alot to Niketalk by giving your opinions EBW, but serious dude you gotta keep some of the bitterness to yourself . We are all on here having something in common and that is for the love of footwear , but honestly man some people would appreciate if the attitude was toned down.
Wow.  There is hatred for this shoe ... it is NT, afterall.
laugh.gif
  And the shoes are not ugly--different--not ugly.
But Running isn't cross-training and this is a HIGHLY recommended running shoe.  Look at all the reviews on other sneaker sites (not NT) and shoe companies--nothing less than 4/5.
I've been soooo close to pulling the trigger for the Eastbay Broncos (sold out) and FNL Spurs' colorway (grey/black/white) but haven't yet.  I'm looking for more of a Springish look, so I may just ID some.  I'll tell ya it's a heck of a lot cheaper than AM 2009s--even with a ZigTech ID version.  I do hope more colorways are gonna be available because the ones currently out dont have enough of a calm zest to them.  The womens are very nice.

As far as sizing, I wear a Jordan 9 and Nike 9 1/2.  I tried these on (wearable out of the box) and I would recommend 1/2 size down.  I am a definite 9 in these.

Lastly, The EasyTones (another Reebok technology) are awesome.  I got them for my girl and they work.  She absolutely loves them--no lie.

Post those reviews up. I haven't seen much positive from these from people who know what they're talking about.

How can you possibly say that running does not strengthen your legs. Sitting on the computer writing 40 posts on NT a day is how your legs get weak, not wearing zigtech.

How can you possibly say that running does not strengthen your legs. Sitting on the computer writing 40 posts on NT a day is how your legs get weak, not wearing zigtech.

roll.gif
nice one.

how's the outsole's durability? it looks like the zigtechs won't last long to outdoor activities.

Because of the way the zigtech WORKS, it makes you use LESS muscle. Have you still not comprehended that?

The outsole is quite dense and I have been using them often. There are no signs of serious wear and the worst you will get is rocks getting stuck in between the Zigs. Even after you take out the rocks, there are no indents to be seen so I would say very durable.

I just bought em, I've started running in other shoes and my feet hurt. So Ill start running in the zigs tomorrow. They feel great though.

EBW, what are some running shoes that you would recommend?  I've just started running and I've got some Nike Zoom Vomero 3's.  They feel great, but if there's something better I'd like to try it out.

EBW let me ask you, have you owned a pair and ran in them? Didn't think so. Your opinion is purely because you believe in your mind that these shoes are bad. That's like me saying that I don't like oranges because I hear they taste bad.

Nice cover-up for your weak legs then.
MADORE let me ask you, have you seen my legs? Didn't think so. Your opinion is purely because you believe in your mind that these shoes are good and I know they're bad. That's like me saying that I don't like oranges because I hear they taste bad.

EBW you strike me as a guy who wears pink easytones.

Could you please end this ridiculous conversation? 
eyes.gif

EBW please don't pay attention to those silly comments man, 

Madore I don't think you are in the correct forum if your language is like this
tired.gif

Pay some respect, he never insulted nor used a foul language, we all have our views which are respected...

I can't just ignore people who don't understand stuff and THINK they're right and KNOW i'm wrong. ESPECIALLY when it comes to running shoes. Whatever, i'm done. It is way too childish to argue about this when he doesn't get it and can't argue constructively.

Back
Top Bottom