Has anyone else been using StockX?

look at this B.S. response i get because of the smell of my shoe

I am sorry to hear that. StockX is a tobacco and drug free workplace and any perceived aromas or smells could be the result of how the previous owner stored their item. There's also the possibility that the smell from other packages nearby to yours in the delivery truck permeated through to your item. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Please let us know if you need anything else.

Thanks,
Schu

i have the number to stock x and i'm thinking of giving them a call tomorrow
the smell from another package in the ups delivery truck "permeated through to your item" with a sealed box ?

what about the dirty seller who sent stock x the shoes ?
he must have a closet full of deadstock shoes smelling like mothballs
did these shoes come from somebody's grandmother's closet ?

i have had the jordan box open since i got the shoes and it still have the same mothball smell

i had this problem with a pair of black 12 ovo back in october shoes came looking worn and had a smell that was sprayed with a disinfectant

i been doing this sneaker nonsense too long to fall for this bullcrap

2017_05_Mothball-Toxicity-in-Dogs.jpg

Want a more liberal place to sell, you go through StockX. That said, GOAT is much more picky in my experince. I’ve sold north of 60 pairs on StockX and almost the same on GOAT. I typically purchase through GOAT unless there’s a substantial savings because I’ve gotten a much better product. Only ever considered returning one thing back to GOAT because the box was trashed. They took it back with no problem and refunded to account credit.

You guys got me nervous for my pair coming in.

I had a pair of shoes I sold arrive this morning and they haven't been authenticated. Is it normal for them to take over a day from when they receive it? Excuse my ignorance

I had a pair of shoes I sold arrive this morning and they haven't been authenticated. Is it normal for them to take over a day from when they receive it? Excuse my ignorance
yes. just depends on how busy they are.

in my experience
buying and selling take about the same time to happen. about 1 week to clear or deliver

i think if u sell you get paid quicker and then your item is sent to the buyer

you do know they only care about if the shoes are authentic and are unworn, right?

I get wanting to have a new shoe with that new shoe smell, but they'll start smelling like feet in no time once you start wearing them. or put some deodorizer balls in them or something.

That’s how my OVO 12s came used and in unnatural so called deadstock shoe odor
I called and complain I said I was never going to buy from StockX again blah blah blah all they gave me was a credit for $50 and the shipping cost
I still have a faint smell on my ovo’s and worn them more then 10 times
The shoes originally came unlaced in scratches all over the suede

This was back in October

The 13 that I got this weeek smell like somebody’s closet
I will say The shoes where dead stock and in perfect condition also factory laced

If I would’ve picked up the same cherry red 13’s in the store and they smelled like mothballs I would want to be paying a lot less than $175 That I brought them for

Also another pair of shoes I got from then this week where perfect

Last edited:
One more thing guys And this goes for any online platform you buy from including Niketalk but that’s totally dead eBay stock X goat whatever

if you’re not getting it directly from Nike eastbay finishine etc all the major websites

Take a good smell of your shoes when buying from a third party or these middlemen websites

Make sure what your buying is deadstock and fresh

If I paid $130.00 and not $175.00 I don’t think I’ll be making that much of a big deal about the smell

I would appreciate if someone would take this information and run with it on Instagram Twitter or whatever let it get out there
that when you buy shoes for these middleman websites they might smell a little funny and pass the shoes off as deadstock

One more thing guys And this goes for any online platform you buy from including Niketalk but that’s totally dead eBay stock X goat whatever

if you’re not getting it directly from Nike eastbay finishine etc all the major websites

Take a good smell of your shoes when buying from a third party or these middlemen websites

Make sure what your buying is deadstock and fresh

If I paid $130.00 and not $175.00 I don’t think I’ll be making that much of a big deal about the smell

I would appreciate if someone would take this information and run with it on Instagram Twitter or whatever let it get out there
that when you buy shoes for these middleman websites they might smell a little funny and pass the shoes off as deadstock
You ever try to air them out; leave em outside like over night or somethin?

Can’t do that I live in an apt building
But if I could that’s not a bad idea
Have them like by the window while it's open maybe wit a fan goin?
Might work, might not but worth tryin.
Oh I think arm and hammer got like these oder eating pads for fridges Could try one out?

a stockx seller did not ship prob because price went up from moment i purchased. And stockx is refunding me 2 weeks after. very little apologize (just the issue crap with the seller). So any sellers can do whatever they want?

a stockx seller did not ship prob because price went up from moment i purchased. And stockx is refunding me 2 weeks after. very little apologize (just the issue crap with the seller). So any sellers can do whatever they want?

Sellers have to make a promise to ship out in time with every sale. That seller is going to have to pay fees for not shipping out, and might get the account suspended.

Sellers have to make a promise to ship out in time with every sale. That seller is going to have to pay fees for not shipping out, and might get the account suspended.

what about buyers who loose time and money? if seller has fees to pay, they should be reversed to buyer. thanks for clarifying

what about buyers who loose time and money? if seller has fees to pay, they should be reversed to buyer. thanks for clarifying

I agree Stockx should give buyers compensation for the wasted time. The thing about stockx is it really supports sellers over buyers. Buyers can get screwed with unreasonable shipping and verifying times, and getting pairs that are technically deadstock but noticeably flawed. People still use stockx because this isn't typical, but I do read about a lot of frustrations with stockx here.

I agree Stockx should give buyers compensation for the wasted time. The thing about stockx is it really supports sellers over buyers. Buyers can get screwed with unreasonable shipping and verifying times, and getting pairs that are technically deadstock but noticeably flawed. People still use stockx because this isn't typical, but I do read about a lot of frustrations with stockx here.
While my experience has been generally positive, the seller for my first pair shipped for authentication a day late. During that timeframe another pair became available with a lower asking price than what I bought for. I still feel as though my purchase should have been canceled and put towards the other pair with me getting a refund of the difference.

While my experience has been generally positive, the seller for my first pair shipped for authentication a day late. During that timeframe another pair became available with a lower asking price than what I bought for. I still feel as though my purchase should have been canceled and put towards the other pair with me getting a refund of the difference.
Are sellers typically allowed to ship past the deaadline? I thought the minute the seller is late, the transaction is canceled and the seller is fined.

With stockx YES, sellers can still ship after the deadline - it happened with me as a buyer and a seller (just told them an excuse as to why I’m shipping a day late and all was good). Hell, a friend of mine has failed to ship and ignored stockx’s emails and he didn’t even get charged/fined the 15%

With goat, if you don’t confirm the sale within 24 or ship within 72 hours, that’s it. They cancel right away and dock u the 10 points.

Nah they charge a fee. But if they dont ship i think stockx will just get a replacement.

Not 100% true on the replacement.
My wife ordered me some OW’s two times from stockx.
First order, stockx received and deemed fake. In the 2 weeks it took to get to stockx, the price jumped and my wife asked for some discount or something to compensate for the first order being fake. Nothing besides a full refund.
Second order, was notified that there was a problem with a seller and they couldn’t fulfill order and just issued another refund. Since we got screwed on 2 straight orders we asked them to get us a pair for what we paid initially, and they said nope here’s your refund. In that time the prices skyrocketed so we said F stockx. Wasted 3-4 weeks with stockx.

Luckily I was able to grab a pair off Goat a little later around the same price of our first try and had the shoes in hand in 2 days.

Last edited:
Are sellers typically allowed to ship past the deaadline? I thought the minute the seller is late, the transaction is canceled and the seller is fined.
Not in my experience, at least. Aside from that one time everything else has been ok. I’m sure StockX would rather bend a bit just to ensure a transaction happens. Even if that means a 1-2 day delay with a “good” excuse from a seller.

I’m not saying it’s right but as a buyer, as long as I get my shoes within a reasonable time I’m good.

Back
Top Bottom