HBO'S "Insecure" [ Created by Issa Rae ► Season III: 2020 ]

DWP is a solid show. I enjoyed S1. The movie should have been a show in the first place to really get the depth on each character background and why they behave the way the do. Main chick was kinda F*cking up towards the middle to end of the season being too 'head strong' n sh*t.

This. I think this was the point. To show that gentrification usually involves white people renaming ****.

That's kinda their thing isn't it? Like not seasoning chicken breast, its a wypipo staple.

I wasn't saying it wasn't a thing. Even South Park had an episode where gentrified people started calling the neighborhoods dumb ****. I'm just saying, nobody is calling it I-Wood out here. Not that many white people out here yet.

IMG_1667.GIF

IMG_1668.GIF

I wasn't saying it wasn't a thing. Even South Park had an episode where gentrified people started calling the neighborhoods dumb ****. I'm just saying, nobody is calling it I-Wood out here. Not that many white people out here yet.

We were on the same page. I was just piggybacking for a wypipo joke. A lazy one nonetheless.

bro..telltale sign of gentrification is Whole Foods. Communities where whole foods move in, minorities and other move out. it's in white folks dna to take something that already belonged to someone and claim it as their own and change the name and act like it was always that way.

See Exhibit A. America.

**** south park even did an entire episode about this loll

bro..telltale sign of gentrification is Whole Foods. Communities where whole foods move in, minorities and other move out. it's in white folks dna to take something that already belonged to someone and claim it as their own and change the name and act like it was always that way.

See Exhibit A. America.

**** south park even did an entire episode about this loll

All you have to do is sprinkle a couple brand new homes in lower income areas, and people will flock to push those minorities out, with the entire community gradually having new homes. Seen some of that first hand, it's crazy

Just wasn't feeling this season at all. Hopefully they recover for the next one.

Best way to get rid of minorities is to do it subtley and quietly. You dont have to kick them out or be mean to them. You don't have to oppress them or strike fear. Just raise the price of housing and taxes. Price them out of the market and they will move. Downtown Detroit is almost exclusively white for this exact reason. You can walk through detroit and see hella white folks and they're just as happy and comfortable. they legit too it bro.

Time will tell. They put a WholeFoods up recently in Riverdale, MD (which is predominately old people and working class Latino) to attract students from nearby (It's down the street from College Park/UMD). They've been building up that entire strip for a few years now.

Time will tell. They put a WholeFoods up recently in Riverdale, MD (which is predominately old people and working class Latino) to attract students from nearby (It's down the street from College Park/UMD). They've been building up that entire strip for a few years now.

one day you're look around and the demographic will be completely different. It takes time to gentrify. It's a slow burn, but if they are determined, with the right amount of dough...it's inevitable.

Whole Foods is affordable now and Amazon hires ANYONE. Don't be surprised to see Whole Foods popping up left and right now.

Molly's firm foul for giving her that BS "Rising Star" award.

Acting like she just starting Chapter 2 of her MyCareer.

Molly's firm foul for giving her that BS "Rising Star" award.

Acting like she just starting Chapter 2 of her MyCareer.

Yeah that was straight offensive. I hope she leaves after that slap in the face; I know she was prepared to leave them and had other offers lined up, but that sort of thing is easier said than done. The idea of letting go of knowing what's what and being familiar at a workplace is a scary one, sometimes scary enough to turn you off from leaving for a better offer, even after the sort of disrespectful **** they pulled on her.

I wish the pay gap issue played a stronger role in her story this season rather than her just bouncing from one dude to another

bruh like 'we know you've been talking to other firms..we like you and ****...so here's a sheet of paper we just printed up from Word. We trust it'll be enough to make you forget about that promotion we're gonna give to Kelly'

I never thought Derrick was gay or Tiffany was cheating. I need to go back and watch.
i dont think derrick gay. kinda doubt tiff is cheating too.
seeming to bougie to cheat. wants to have that perfect little life that she can brag about. if anything D cheated. but i kinda dont think that either.

i bet mroe than anything, their story arch is boring af and we're creating all of this assumed drama for them because we just cant accept that they're this lame.

Back
Top Bottom