HBO'S "Insecure" [ Created by Issa Rae ► Season III: 2020 ]

Lyft gotta be paying HBO to get all these plugs on the show. They mentioned Lyft a bunch of times on the second season as well.

I agree that it would have been hard to incorporate Lawrence in the third season. Seems like this whole season will revolve around Molly and Issa. My expectations aren’t really high for this season, I enjoyed having the guy’s perspective shown through Lawrence’s character, Dro and Daniel aren’t really note worthy characters like Lawrence was.

Lawrence was more of a broad than Issa and Molly. I don’t identify with him, scary how many of y’all do. He was a whole *****

I don’t really relate to him either, but having a guy in season 1 and 2 with a separate story line than Issa and Molly added a different element to the show that made some men interested in the show. Now the only time you see the two current main guy characters (Dro and Daniel) is when they’re with Issa and Molly. Maybe that will change during season three but I doubt it.

It looks like they're trying to slide Daniel into the Lawrence slot. We did meet his sister and niece. But after seeing him be a crying itch Issa needed to scratch, I really don't care about his back story at this point

first episode was good to me
the whole lyft segmant had me dying. was issa giving one of the girls a foot massage during the ride?

never noticed the logo thou..

51fac8_0891dc35959c4445ac49959eed0adcbc~mv2.png

Lyft way better than wack Uber. Good for them getting that press. I loved the fact that the skinny dude whooped up on the big Suge Knight looking soft dude.

You gotta give the writers that. They have a reason to be defensive.

No they don't.

There's no reason to get hostile with viewership.

How does it make sense to argue and get hostile with the only group of people that support your show?

If the show doesn't get X amount of viewers HBO will cancel it without blinking.

It's like if someone came into your restaurant every week without fail and you as the owner consistently gave them the finger because they asked you to bring back that brunch special.

The actor that plays Dro is awful. Solid season opener. Crazy how "we got y'all" is getting exposed as tone deaf.

I think Daniel getting promoted to 'main guy'

I think the tone of the season gonna be a lot more introspective than the last 2.

First episode was cool but I don't really care about the forced drama they tryna have between Daniel and Issa. At this point I could see Issa bringing over somebody to the house and smashing, Daniel find out, they fight and he kick her out or whatever.

No they don't.

There's no reason to get hostile with viewership.

How does it make sense to argue and get hostile with the only group of people that support your show?

If the show doesn't get X amount of viewers HBO will cancel it without blinking.

It's like if someone came into your restaurant every week without fail and you as the owner consistently gave them the finger because they asked you to bring back that brunch special.
People complaining about Lawrence don't make up the only group of people supporting the show.

And once you start bending strictly to viewers opinions, writting becomes terrible, and often less creative. Just take a look at TWD.

And if I'm cooking some crack in the lunch menu and you ask me to bring back stale biscuits, hell yea I'm gonna tell you to kick rocks.

People complaining about Lawrence don't make up the only group of people supporting the show.

And once you start bending strictly to viewers opinions, writting becomes terrible, and often less creative. Just take a look at TWD.

And if I'm cooking some crack in the lunch menu and you ask me to bring back stale biscuits, hell yea I'm gonna tell you to kick rocks.

Three things:

1- You're right the people complaining about Lawrence aren't the ONLY people that support the show. I'll give you that.

2- I never said they should bend to viewers will. I said there was no reason to be hostile with viewers. Yeah I want lawrence to come back, but I wasn't saying that the writers needed to bring him back because we said so.

3- They would have been better off not getting hostile with viewers. You don't win anything being nasty with people that support your show. When HBO decides whether Insecure gets a 4th or 5th or 6th season it will be purely based on how many people are watching the show. Getting hostile with viewership doesn't earn you any good will with viewers. It'll just give them a reason to press one button and watch something else. It's a fragile situation...HBO has canceled great shows before.

There's a difference between being defensive and hostile.

Molly could get her back blown out any day of the week. Her ratchet butt looks good with braids.
I’m mad she got the light skin ninja looking soft. He suppose to be calling the shots and getting head from her. Smh

Back
Top Bottom