Hide Ya Wives, Hide Ya Kids: Worldwide Coronavirus Pandemic!

Are You Getting The Covid Vaccine?

• Yes

• No

• Only if mandatory

• Not if mandatory

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
g3809gzky3y41.jpg

FYI bois.......your local (and/or national) government will want part of those unemployment benefits BACK next year

FYI bois.......your local (and/or national) government will want part of those unemployment benefits BACK next year
Hyper conservatism is going to bring the economy down to the point of no return. This is ****ed up.

Definitely made sure I paid the taxes on unemployment as I get it. A small fraction being withheld from it is fine with me, I would hate to see the lump sum of that one year later smh

Has anyone been able to speak with an irs agent on the phone?
I need to amend my tax return but can’t get anyone on the line as there is an automated message saying that there are no live agents due to reduction in staff.

Withholding is one of the first things they ask you on the application. You gotta be oblivious to get surprised at a tax bill from UI benefits.

What I don’t get is why UI benefits are even taxed at all. We pay taxes through our regular jobs to fund these programs just to have them taxed again? Taking into consideration that anyone on unemployment is most likely using their payments for necessities like groceries and bills that are also subject to tax isn’t this like paying tax on top of tax on top of tax?

Withholding is one of the first things they ask you on the application. You gotta be oblivious to get surprised at a tax bill from UI benefits.

Have you seen some of the people in this thread and the majority of people in the "COVID-19 Stimulus thread" when they dismissed this point when it came to unemployment checks?

What I don’t get is why UI benefits are even taxed at all. We pay taxes through our regular jobs to fund these programs just to have them taxed again? Taking into consideration that anyone on unemployment is most likely using their payments for necessities like groceries and bills that are also subject to tax isn’t this like paying tax on top of tax on top of tax?
Welcome to the world of SSI. Family has been getting taxed for months. They paid taxes then, and still owe now.

Sad stuff.

WESTERN STATES REQUEST $1 TRILLION IN ADDITIONAL CORONAVIRUS AID FROM FEDERAL GOVERNMENT - CALIFORNIA GOVERNOR

Cuomo stated in Jan or Feb 2020 coronavirus came from Europe and travelled. Don't know what to believe.

Have you seen some of the people in this thread and the majority of people in the "COVID-19 Stimulus thread" when they dismissed this point when it came to unemployment checks?
No I didn’t but I peeked into that thread and saw people talking about buying sneakers with that money so I did the grandpa Simpson gif

Unemployment insurance paid by employers. Other than like disability, child support, welfare, workers comp, pretty much everything is taxed.

Yo $2200 unemployment biweekly is insane. That's 80k - 100k in salary terms.
Get your bread brethren, but sure this is right?

Its prob right. I get close to the max and am getting $1150/week ($550/state and $600/feds)

@slaughterx
The backed pay you should *crosses finger* get will be from original claim date. But state benefits only. Then going forward you should get that 1161 a week.

That's how it has worked for dozens of our employees in Pa, DE and MD anyway. Although some in PA got backed PUA, but also some in PA still have gotten noada 😞Colorado may be more willing to pay. Yall got that legal greenery fund.
I
Lol I'm in Colorado. This is the first time I've ever got unemployment. I filed for it on a Monday, by Friday I was approved, and the Tuesday after that I got 4.5 racks (4 weeks retroactive). Was the least painful thing, I feel sorry for folks in these other states sitting on pending applications for over a month now..

Definitely made sure I paid the taxes on unemployment as I get it. A small fraction being withheld from it is fine with me, I would hate to see the lump sum of that one year later smh

Yup, I got them holding $116/week on my payments

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom