Hide Ya Wives, Hide Ya Kids: Worldwide Coronavirus Pandemic!

Are You Getting The Covid Vaccine?

• Yes

• No

• Only if mandatory

• Not if mandatory

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
I can’t tell if you don’t take this disease seriously, don’t understand it or are getting anxiety from it :lol:

I mean I’m taking it serious enough that I’m opening up every door with my shirt, not shaking any hands, wiping my phone down daily and washing my hands constantly with hot water and soap. But it’s just giving me anxiety because it’s ****ing EVERYWHERE. Most of us go online whether that’s social media or this site to get us away from the stresses of the world, not to constantly read about a crisis with people panicking to the point where they make it seem like you should even breathe while you’re outside of your house or you’re going to be infected and die. I’m just done reading about it. Can’t even enjoy social media, can’t even watch sports to get away from it, can’t even go to the gym starting tomorrow cause mine are closing, can’t play basketball either cause everybody is scared to play with each other. It’s a ****ing mess.

so i just got off a big conference call with all managers/upper management at my company, and we're now shifting to working from home for up to 3 months.

this talk makes me think they know something to go ahead and make this decision so early. We have some smart people working for the company, but they probably sought outside expert opinion.

Every day this hell seems to be getting hotter.

pretty sure not every adult will get this. It says millionaires and billionaires won't be eligible.

$6k per month for a family with 2 kids sounds like a lot though, especially when rent/credit card payments/and other bills will be suspended.

$6k a month for a family of four is pretty good. Growing up, I remember my family llived off of like 12k a year.

Where did you find the limits for who is not eligible? I would imagine my household does not qualify, but am curious. Would love to be able to spread some extra cash around.

Also interested in the provision to reduce student loan principle by 10k.

Honestly, to hell with a stimulus package. Find me a vaccine so I can put my worries to rest and be able to send my kid back to school without thinking they’re bringing home the plague. That’s worth more than any dollar amount they talking about kicking out.
I hear you. Logistically, it'll take a year. And there is nothing that can really be done about that. In the mean time though.

so i just got off a big conference call with all managers/upper management at my company, and we're now shifting to working from home for up to 3 months.

this talk makes me think they know something to go ahead and make this decision so early. We have some smart people working for the company, but they probably sought outside expert opinion.

Every day this hell seems to be getting hotter.
I told my wife last week that we'll be dealing with this new reality until fall.

Now it seems like we'll be dealing with this until fall of 21. It legitimately seems like it could change the course of history.

$6k a month for a family of four is pretty good. Growing up, I remember my family llived off of like 12k a year.

Where did you find the limits for who is not eligible? I would imagine my household does not qualify, but am curious. Would love to be able to spread some extra cash around.

Also interested in the provision to reduce student loan principle by 10k.
$6k seems a little excessive. But hey, its probably a great idea. us

I'm just speculating on the eligibility part. Just seems like common sense to cut it off based on how much you make. For example, household making $500k+ a year should not get it, but who am i to say they shouldnt get it. Peoples spending habits are different than you and I.

But then again, the money would be spent (hopefullly) and stimulate the economy so that's a good thing.

Am I the only one who wonders what life is like in China right now where this first started? To my knowledge most business has opened back up

The inevitable is a full on US closure.
As a country, We have a Trader Joe’s closing down because someone has the virus working there. They closed the ATC towers in Chicago because there was a case there. When that first Costco worker tests positive, what next? Whole pool of doctors and nurses are testing positive In certain hospitals. We’re really running out of options in some sense.

Are these businesses closing for the day to clean, for 14 days? I feel a covid infection will hit every major sector. The first amazon worker to get it, work all goes to robots? The first delivery guy to get it? Every thing closes? The first tomatoe or cucumber veggie picker to get it, everything gets recalled? Everyone those salmonella or ecoli recalls? We can’t afford to be recalling food.
I’m stressing here guys.

As a country, We have a Trader Joe’s closing down because someone has the virus working there. They closed the ATC towers in Chicago because there was a case there. When that first Costco worker tests positive, what next? Whole pool of doctors and nurses are testing positive In certain hospitals. We’re really running out of options in some sense.

Are these businesses closing for the day to clean, for 14 days? I feel a covid infection will hit every major sector. The first amazon worker to get it, work all goes to robots? The first delivery guy to get it? Every thing closes? The first tomatoe or cucumber veggie picker to get it, everything gets recalled? Everyone those salmonella or ecoli recalls? We can’t afford to be recalling food.
I’m stressing here guys.
i'm here to stress with you. I'm a half glass empty guy, so i always look at situations as worst case scenario, I can't help it. I'm doing my best to not completely freak out. Trying not to watch the news or read certain articles, but i feel like thats not the best thing to do in these times. Trying to stay informed is important, even if its making my anxiety increase.

This thread helps.

I’m stressing here guys.

I agree, with amazon and costco hiring immediately Its impossible to not be exposed at this point to the virus with everyone carrying it not showing symptoms

grocery stores staying open is a double edged sword. In one sense, we need it in order to get food, but then on the other hand, we're not promoting staying healthy when we let anyone and everyone in at pretty much the same time. There's gotta be a better way. No chance at least 1 worker at these stores doesn't have it. We're not buying anything (such as fruits and veggies) thats not in a package and just laying out. But you can only do so much to protect yourself

someone ELI5. What are the chances this gets passed and would every American adult get it?

I need to know before tomorrow’s supreme drop

this isnt a proposed bill. It’s just ideas to combat the problem. I would say expect 1k per person making less than $75k a year

Am I the only one who wonders what life is like in China right now where this first started? To my knowledge most business has opened back up

61E34E33-02DB-40E6-BEC6-838FCA3095F7.png

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.al...ronavirus-outbreak-slows-200317084803189.html

page 5 for after the crisis

Who asked you? Lol
i see what you mean now. The twitter page just had the screen shots and i didn't notice the link to the full proposal.

And i knew i would get **** for saying we shouldn't be forgiving student loans. Easy for me to say when mine are paid up but I'm not sure why that should be forgiven. We agreed to attend and sign up for student loans, so pay up.

Back
Top Bottom