How do you Bounce back ? vol. letting yourself go..

How do you help a friend bounce back from a serious slump in his life ?
smh, one of my boys is in a serious slump, I mean... this kid had everything going for him, all the girls were interested in him, he came from a good family,and he even had the brains.

Now all he does is feel sorry for himself, smoke weed, listen to music, and basically waste his life away. I can't watch this happen to him nomore.
this kid was funny, charming, and popular once but now its as if he doesnt want to converse with anyone (not even his close friends/family).

I sat down with him the other day and talked to him about what's wrong, he say's "I'm just depressed lately, I can't take my mind off thegirl I let go and I don't know where I'm headed in life."
I think all he needs is a sense of direction and a girlfriend.

I kinda feel for him because all of his friends are pretty lame and the kid wants to go places, but he just can't atm.
anyone else experience/have friends go through this ? It's pretty serious how one can let yourself go like that..
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by xcrskim

Now all he does is feel sorry for himself, smoke weed, listen to music, and basically waste his life away. I can't watch this happen to him nomore.
this kid was funny, charming, and popular once but now its as if he doesnt want to converse with anyone (not even his close friends/family).
He needs to quit. Now before the users respond by saying "WEED HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH IT", I will say that he needs a drastic change inhis life and quitting weed will be a step forward.

Take him out on da weekend to a club or a party meet some new ppl..and maybe push up on some butt...

trust me on everything, what he is going through right now is meant to happen in his life right now. depending on the type of person ya boy truly iswill depend on where he will end up in life.

all you can do is be a true friend and be there.

Originally Posted by justhotkicks

Originally Posted by xcrskim

He needs to quit. Now before the users respond by saying "WEED HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH IT", I will say that he needs a drastic change in his life and quitting weed will be a step forward.
That's exactly what I thought too, Weed has taken over his life pretty much. He hasn't been the same since picking up his first blunt,this kid goes through an eighth within 2 days alone. It's crazy how something so harmless can do so much emotional damage.

Reading that was like reading what one of my friends would say about me at the moment... I sat here and wondered if you could be any of my friends... are you?

no bud + more working out

bud makes you lazy
working out elevates your mood

a healthy body = healthy life

Take him to a sleazy strip club with a bunch of sleazy men and show him that'll be him in 10 years if he doesn't straighten up.

Originally Posted by SUSHI AND GRITS

trust me on everything, what he is going through right now is meant to happen in his life right now. depending on the type of person ya boy truly is will depend on where he will end up in life.

all you can do is be a true friend and be there.
I think the most %++!*+ up part about his situation is his so called friends that don't even talk to him anymore because of what he'sbecome.
I mean, I understand that people don't want to be around lames, but !$%+ dawg.. this is your boy you're talking about, how you gonna let him sink tothat level without being by his side ?

SMH.. some people these days..
frown.gif
eyes.gif

he's a man. can't act like his boys are married to him. it's a sad situation, but like i said, all you can really do is be there to haveopen ears when you can.

when i'm in a slump, i start by cleaning my room/house. not half assing it either. wash every bit of laundry, dust all the shelves, vacuum, all that jazz.clean surroundings help put you in a better mood. working out also helps a lot. try and get him to cut out the pot until he has a grasp on his life. once hesback in control of his life, he'll have to learn to do it in moderation, if at all

Just let him be. He was probly in love, love can %%+* ur life up....I went trough the same %!+% and it seems like weed is the only thing that gets ur mind off"that girl". Actually weed helped me alot to forget her, once she was gone of my mind i got my life back...

ppl might say bring him out to the club, etc. but i doubt that would even work man.

rarely does. if he doesn't wanna be there/has his mind elsewhere, he won't enjoy himself.

Originally Posted by Praise The X I

Reading that was like reading what one of my friends would say about me at the moment... I sat here and wondered if you could be any of my friends... are you?
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by bjamez20

when i'm in a slump, i start by cleaning my room/house. not half assing it either. wash every bit of laundry, dust all the shelves, vacuum, all that jazz. clean surroundings help put you in a better mood. working out also helps a lot. try and get him to cut out the pot until he has a grasp on his life. once hes back in control of his life, he'll have to learn to do it in moderation, if at all

I know exactly what you mean, I always feel better after I get done cleaning

Originally Posted by Praise The X I

Real talk, im thinking if any of my friends have an account i dont know of. lol. Its just i dont smoke so yea it couldnt be me. Right now me and three friendsare stuck in a slump, but we are trying hard to get out. It just seems like when we get some light something else happens and eclipses us. Were gonna get thissorted out im sure of it but its gettin tiring living like this. I was just about to start working and stuff but my transmission went out and it cost likecrazy money to fix so im stripping my car for parts tomorrow and buying a different car, other then this place im going to hit up this week i cant find anyother place to work. I have tution to pay for, it shouldnt be this hard to get some education.

be frank with him.
tell him what you think of him.

you obviously think he can go places and do stuff in life. be his confidence for a little bit and help him on his feet.
a real friend wouldn't stand by and just let his friend waste his life away. do all that you can to remedy the situation.

your friend will thank you for it.

Back
Top Bottom