How Do You Feel Comfortable Celebrating the 4th of July If You're Black?

And like I said, respectfully, your POV =/= ALL black people POV.

https://today.yougov.com/topics/pol.../what-americans-think-american-flag-poll-data

If you really believe what you’re saying, you should make a stand alone thread on the flag. I’d like to see the comments your opinion is met with.

Yea, I never said ALL black people though.

I just said Black People, meaning in general.

I am sure if you ask the average black American that doesn't live in Hickville, they will explain what they see when they see someone with an American flag.

You can make the thread.

hennessy hennessy

Trust me, any black person that sees another person with a USA Flag stitched on their CLOTHES is definitely looking at them as a Trump supporter.

I don't care if it's 2017 or 2021.

If that's the look you are going for, more power to you.
Yea, I never said ALL black people though.

I just said Black People, meaning in general.

I am sure if you ask the average black American that doesn't live in Hickville, they will explain what they see when they see someone with an American flag.

You can make the thread.

My bad. When you said “any black person” I interpreted that to mean “all black people.”

I'm a Trump supporter first, a conservative second and a BLACK MAN third. I will stand at attention every 4th because our forefathers bought our masters freedom and I am very proud.

Between the avator and the first line of “I’m a Trump supporter first” I really thought that was dwalk31 dwalk31 with this post. Just goes to show how on point aepps20 aepps20 is……fam is on another level.

What are the other parts of the problem?

What are the other reasons racism persists?

1. Unwillingness of opposing parties to communicate effectively. Including active listening.
2. Cultural Ignorance and stereotyping.
3. Ethnocentrism... "Your view/culture/traditions/race is better than others
4. Economic, academic, policing, health, and government/municipal systems favoring the wealthy over the poor. Not acknowledging the present wealth inequality is a result of the past. Victim blaming.

5. All of the above transferred to the next generation repeatedly.

Paid holiday if employed. A day where ppl can bbq, party & do fireworks. Don’t pay attention to historical aspect whatsoever

I think I rocked a red, white, and blue Atlanta Braves Batting Practice jersey on July 4th. And the Braves won.

Appreciate you sharing your POV. Interesting opinions you offer, but not fact. You passing your opinion on to black people as a monolith is definitely “extreme” though. The one black person who commented on my pants complimented them. Again, not everyone sees the American flag and assumes you are a racist trump supporter. That is crazy.
Guy who complimented your pants was being sarcastic.

I use the standard dictionary definitions. Do you have special qualifiers or something.

Cool.

So I am wondering what exactly anyone in this thread has done to "Keep racism going."

I see people use this type of comment often against black folks and it confuses me.

Also, what is your race/ethnicity?

Yes I did. I don’t think you realize or maybe as of now you don’t want to realize just how big of a Trump supporter you are seen as on NT. As Maya Angelou once said…..”when someone tells you who they are…..believe them”

But I said I don’t support Trump anymore…so I guess it’s when someone tells you who they are, believe whatever you want?

Yes I did. I don’t think you realize or maybe as of now you don’t want to realize just how big of a Trump supporter you are seen as on NT. As Maya Angelou once said…..”when someone tells you who they are…..believe them”

Oh is this that guy who is tryna downplay being a MAGA now? I know a lot of these people in real life. Like an elephant. #neverforget.

Why would I be honest about supporting Trump in the past and then lie about no longer supporting him?

If I was concerned about a path of least resistance, wouldn’t it have made more sense to lie and say I didn’t support him in the past?

The antics in here are nonsensical at times.

Why would I be honest about supporting Trump in the past and then lie about no longer supporting him?

If I was concerned about a path of least resistance, wouldn’t it have made more sense to lie and say I didn’t support him in the past?

The antics in here are nonsensical at times.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Back
Top Bottom