How do you react to men hitting on you?

I mean hey Your doing something right if your getting hit on..

My chart i made up for you OP with my boredum

Gettin hit on a by a Female = 1

Gettin hit on by a gay dude = 1/2 point

No looks your way = 0

You sorta lose though
laugh.gif

i thought ipods were used in NYC to avoid all types of unwanted confrontations?!

on the real, when you feel the "hitting" is about to commence, you should just be like " i gotta go to work, i am running........... and literally run out of there!

Originally Posted by AyVee323

One time at work 2 dudes walked in my department, I helped one of em find something and then went on about my business. Next thing I know one of the dudes walks up and says, "my friend wants your number"

It suprised me at first, then I gave him a straight
indifferent.gif
and said "nah I aint with that" and he walked away real quick... That &$!# messed up my whole day after that.

How does something like this mess up your day?

Originally Posted by datprepboivinc3

I mean hey Your doing something right if your getting hit on..

My chart i made up for you OP with my boredum

Gettin hit on a by a Female = 1

Gettin hit on by a gay dude = 1/2 point

No looks your way = 0

You sorta lose though
laugh.gif
So you score with both?
sick.gif

I used to work at a GLBTQ youth center that served people until they turned 21. I was 17, and most of the people who were regulars at that place were my age or a little older.

Getting hit on was pretty much expected on the daily basis. I learned to take it as a compliment.

Originally Posted by CallHimAR

Originally Posted by AyVee323

One time at work 2 dudes walked in my department, I helped one of em find something and then went on about my business. Next thing I know one of the dudes walks up and says, "my friend wants your number"

It suprised me at first, then I gave him a straight
indifferent.gif
and said "nah I aint with that" and he walked away real quick... That &$!# messed up my whole day after that.

How does something like this mess up your day?

he probably liked it and it scared him

i mean if the dude is polite, there's no point to be a total $@+. just tell him you don't swing that way and that's that.

Am I the only one that thought OP was a chick?? Cause what dude is goin to an coffee shop to drink some chai tea and eat a veggie scone?

I take as a compliment and try to be as polite as possible about it. No sense in making the man feel bad about taking a shot.

Originally Posted by spsfinest212

OP is a troll and likes to make these sort of threads from time to time.
Notice how he always name drops Whole Foods, chai tea, etc. into his posts... plus he'll start a thread then just disappear.

And people really overreact about gay guys hitting on them or complimenting them.

It doesn't mean you're gay or you're necessarily sending out gay signals to the masses. 

Originally Posted by RavageBX

You smiled politely, that was your first mistake. I ain't smiling at no dudes. But that's the norm in NY. Gay dudes out here like to flirt by looking you in the eye. I don't do that either. Gay dudes bold enough to come up to me get the immediate
indifferent.gif
and I keep it pushing. As long as they don't say anything reckless or put a hand on me its all good. The worst is when they're working the register at a store or you need their assistance when shopping and they trying to small talk and compliment you. Seriously wish they would just ring my *#!% up and sthu. These dudes are all over NY stores. Can't even go to SoHo without getting eyed.
lol, I thought I was the only one. Dude had the nerves to hold my damn change.

Originally Posted by TheBachellor

Originally Posted by ERASCISM

This morning I stopped by the indie coffeehouse for some of that hot chai and a vegan scone and as I was preparing my chai this bohemian looking man stood beside me and reached over me and said, "Pass the soy milk, bro?" I smiled politely and handed it to him as I was stirring in my 3 packets of Splenda. He says, "Stuff will kill ya, bro." I just shrugged and said, "Yea, well, so can car accidents, my man." We then shared a chuckle together and then he said, "You look like you take care of yourself though... VERY WELL if I may say. Hope that's not outta line."

I was trying my hardest at that point to keep from giving him the gas face, but I just smiled and thanked him.

But then, as I was putting on my messenger bag to leave, he taps me on the shoulder and says, "Heading over to the used bookstore across the street, what are you doing? Could use a second opinion." I told him I needed to be at work soon and he pressed me again and said, "Raincheck?" I was like "naaaah, bruh" out the side of my mouth. And then he GOT it.

Y'all ever get hit on like that? It's hard to not be rude in that situation.

So... you sure you're not gay?
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom