How fast can you run a mile?

Originally Posted by freelythinkingmind

2 mile in 10:07 ARMY PFT , Jackson - SC
smile.gif

Not even a hour after i finished, i was approached by a "ranger" and requested to speak in private.  I was eating in the mess hall.
Never Joined.

~5:20
i use to run the 200 & 400 in track at decent speeds but long distances kill me.

Originally Posted by sooperhooper

I just ran a mile 1/2 yesterday in 12:47 and it damn near killed me because I don't run often. That respiratory pain is
sick.gif
30t6p3b.gif
So I guess my time for a mile was around 8:45 or so.

Did you mean 1.5 miles?  If you run a half mile in 12:47, how are you able to run a full mile in 8:45?
I average 6:45-6:51 a mile, fastest mile was 6:22 or 6:26, its on my Nike+ record.  There was some fast people in that Nike+ thread/contest not too long ago, didn't realize how many people ran on here.  They should just keep that as a going log for an entire year.  Any So Cal NT'ers in that Nike Santa Monica run club?

ksteezy, can you explain why it's bad to run on the treadmill?  I run outside primarily because I feel the treadmill slows me down.

ksteezy wrote:
I can do it at 8 mins...getting back on the treadmill....be careful fams...treadmills can really mess those knees up if not done properly.

Funny that you state that, because I've been running on the treadmill heavy for the last year and a half or so - and my right knee has been bothersome lately. I dont know what it is; but right under my knee cap is sharp pain...it kinda got me shook.

Explain more Dr..

Originally Posted by Animal Thug1539

ksteezy wrote:
I can do it at 8 mins...getting back on the treadmill....be careful fams...treadmills can really mess those knees up if not done properly.

Funny that you state that, because I've been running on the treadmill heavy for the last year and a half or so - and my right knee has been bothersome lately. I dont know what it is; but right under my knee cap is sharp pain...it kinda got me shook.

Explain more Dr..

go to a specialized running store and get a gait analysis (usually free)
this will determine your pronation and how your feet strike when you run

from there, they will be able to recommend you specialized running shoes to compensate for any irregularities

i was training for my half marathon a year back, and my back started to hurt like crazy, and i thought i was just sleeping wrong, turns out my fallen arches caused me to overpronate, bought some brooks and running has been
pimp.gif
 ever since

should probably stay away from nikes when it comes to running shoes

4:30 - 4:45

I ran even faster in highscool, was all state, 2 gold medals in the 200, 400 and 4x400.

Originally Posted by kiendienn

Originally Posted by Animal Thug1539

ksteezy wrote:

Explain more Dr..

go to a specialized running store and get a gait analysis (usually free)
this will determine your pronation and how your feet strike when you run

from there, they will be able to recommend you specialized running shoes to compensate for any irregularities

Good lookin, I'ma look into this..

I can barely run! I'll get about 5 minutes into a jog and I will start getting shin splints. NT help me out. I'm not in bad shape. 5'10, 204 pounds at about 12.5 percent bodyfat. It's weird though sometimes I'll play ball and they don't bother me at all, but 100 percent guaranteed I'll get em on a treadmill. I run in nike free 2's.

Fastest in high school - 7:06

After blowing out my knee + post surgery - 9-10 minutes
ohwell.gif
...BEST post surgery was 8:15

In 04-05 I did in some where between 6:00-6:30. Now, more like 10:00+ lol I drink and smoke too much
roll.gif

During high school I never tried so I was always around 10-11 minutes.

Now, I do them in around 8 minutes on the treadmill.

There's a few too many former district champs in here.
laugh.gif

Right now 6:30.

Got close to sub 6:00 many times in high school. Don't think I ever did though.

Back
Top Bottom