How I gained 100 pounds, then LOST 101...(video included)

Video of the journey:

Backstory:
I've been on NT for ages, back when I joined i was a solid 200-205lbs. I worked out daily, ate right, everything was good...until the incident. In late 2006 I snapped my left ankle and it derailed a lot of things for me, I was laid up for a good 3 months while I recovered from the injury. I went from 200 to about 240 at this time. Once I was able to start working out again, I dropped about 10 pounds; then got into a relationship lol; long story short from 2008-2011 I had ballooned to 306lbs.

In 2010 my dad told me that if I didn't stop what I was doing and change my life, I’d die (That was his message.) So I started going back to the gym and trying to eat well again and by October 2011 I had lost a good 50lbs. One night I was in the gym playing basketball and I dislocated my right ankle, smh. So I was derailed again, and I gained pretty much all of the weight back, i went back up to about 290ish.

I made a goal for myself back in 2012 to get down to 205 pounds, and I finally reached it, I feel fantastic, and my goal by November 22nd is to be 185lbs, wish me luck.

My message is in the video, as well, but I just want to let people know, that if you decide you want to do something, start it and FINISH! No matter how long it takes, do NOT quit on yourself. If you do, all the hard work would have been for nothing. I say this because I've started and stopped so many times, not including the injuries. I've lost 45-50 pounds THREE TIMES so far and I've literally lost more weight than I weigh. If I had just kept going from day one, I’d weigh negative pounds right now lol.

I'm still running with this fitness stuff and I promise I'm not going back to where I was, ever again.

Thanks for looking and good luck with whatever it Is you decide to do.

-Raider Joey aka jaehow

Great stuff man, haven't seen you on here for ages, good to hear you're doing well. 

Make the little things a habit and they'll eventually become easy routine ...and drink more water ...always drink more water, the #1 advise tip I would give to anyone trying to lose fat.
And on a side note: You still throwing ya damn shoes around your room? 
laugh.gif

Great Job Bro! Repped.
Its a great story and I know you will reach your goal.

I have done the same thing as you. Work out hard and then suffer some kind of setback that gets me off track. and then its hard for me to start up again.
But after watching your video I am going to start and finish COMPLETELY this time.

Thanks for the inspiration.

i needed to see this! I started insanity 3 weeks ago, fell off last week and been slacking on the diet as well. I will be back in the grind thanks to you! 

Thanks guys I appreciate the kind words. And JaysRcrak definitely, that's why I posted this, I knew I wasn't the only person that has had this happen so I'm glad it sparked something! Good luck and FINISH!

Props and walking is severely underrated exercise...many people (myself included) lead sedentary lives, especially working in an office, and we don't move enough...i try to get up every 20-30 mins and do a lap or two around the office

Last edited:
I was at 360lbs in march, now I'm 320. It's hard work but it feels good getting the weight off bro. Salute.

Keep it going, man. just wait until you hit that final goal! If you ever need any guidance, let me know.

I'm trying to do the same. Subscribed to youtube channel

same goes for you, my man. get to work, and don't stop. If you need anything just PM me or reply in here.

Salute to OP, keep it up!

I am in a similar situation, 2 years ago I was 185 lbs then ballooned to 250 lbs :smh: I tried a couple of times to lose it but it's really hard and setbacks are a *****. Until late last month when I just started to do the little things, i.e drinking water, getting more sleep, watching what I eat and slowly pushing myself in workout. I lost 13 lbs so far and am looking to get back to at least 200 by Nov.

Salute to OP, keep it up!

I am in a similar situation, 2 years ago I was 185 lbs then ballooned to 250 lbs :smh: I tried a couple of times to lose it but it's really hard and setbacks are a *****. Until late last month when I just started to do the little things, i.e drinking water, getting more sleep, watching what I eat and slowly pushing myself in workout. I lost 13 lbs so far and am looking to get back to at least 200 by Nov.

Heck yeah, that's what i'm talking about! You never realize the difference "little" changes make. Enough "little" helps "a lot" keep your eye on that goal and don't stop untill you reach it.

Good job OP, what exactly did you do? Did you follow a specific type of plan? or did you literally just wing it?

:smokin :smokin

I'm a former athlete and I've gained a little over 60 lbs since I stopped working out in 2006. I've been telling myself I need to get active again and make it happen. Time to get these pounds off.

Thanks for the vid and the inspiration.

Back
Top Bottom