How is it going to practice knowing your team sucks?

I always wondered what it felts like if you went to practice all week or season knowing your team isn't going to win the game?
When i played football and basketball we were always expected to win, but we always played against those teams once or twice a year that never won any games it seamed like. It always made me wonder what its like to be on a team that you go to practice everyday knowing that no matter how hard you practice you still wont win. Professional sports are different because you are playing for a check or to increase the chances of more money or a better team wanting you but what about when you are simply playing for the game?

cliffs
Did you play for a trash team?
What was the team atmosphere like?

Played for one trash team in my life, AAU basketball in the summer of 05 (summer after 9th grade). I invited a few of my boys to play for my uncle's AAU program. We had two teams in our age group and I figured I would be on the better team, the team with my cousin and a bunch of guys I had played with before. My uncle decided to put me on the less talented team with my boys and other players. We were bad, traveling around the state and out of state a few times just getting our *** whooped. I played well, but I hated losing. The rest of the guys were happy just to be playing on an AAU team, they became accustomed to losing I guess.

I've been on a lot of good basketball teams and was content being a bench player or a guy playing a role, but it's a test of character and pride when you play on bad teams.

**** made me so mad I ain't even play with them the next year. Went to another program the next summer and after that it was the end of my competitive basketball career.

Last edited:
Played on some good teams in my youth and at the private high school i attended for part of high school. Played on some TRASH teams at my local public high school.

To be completely honest though, I didnt really give a ****. As long as I got my shine I was good :lol: :smh:

For example: in high school id have rather went 4-5 with a couple of doubles and a homerun and lose the game, rather than going 0-5 with three K's and win the game. (unless it was on some state championship steez)

Id rather drop 25 in a losing effort then shoot 1-10 from the field and squeak out a win. Im selfish and was in it for the glory. *shrugs*

Most bad teams consists of players who dont care about the outcome of the game. So my guess is that most players on bad teams dot really give a **** about playig on a bad team

Most bad teams consists of players who dont care about the outcome of the game. So my guess is that most players on bad teams dot really give a **** about playig on a bad team

This. I've been on a couple pretty bad teams, and the majority of the players on those teams were the "I don't care about the W as long as I drop 20" players. Worst feeling ever going into a game knowing your team doesn't have a chance.

Senior year we won 3 games...... 3!!!

Obviously a terrible disappointment, a burned out coach and dysfunctional team throughout the season.

Back
Top Bottom