How many hours of sleep do you need?

Originally Posted by aubstuh86

Originally Posted by YallKnoWutDisIz

The quality of your sleep is more important than the Quantity of Hours, such as
Tempature of the Room
Your Body Tempature (Good to take a Hot bath 90 mins b4 u sleep)
How hydrated you are (Drink atleast a gallon of water a day)
Your posture (It's best to sleep on a flat surface, like the floor, and with no pillow)

Lately, I've been looking into this thing called "PolyPhasic" sleep where you sleep in 20 minute intervals, 6x a day. What it does is trick your brain into entering REM (Dreaming) mode automatically everytime you sleep. Usually (Monophasic sleep) it takes you 2 hours before you hit REM. This is called "Deep Sleep" and it's very diffucult to wake up during. Well Polyphasic eliminates it...

QFT. diet and exercise is also very important.
Oh yeah, and I forgot to mention the activity of your Digestive System...if it's spending energy to digest food, your not going to get goodsleep. So don't eat too much before bed, especially SPICY !+*...

I'm reading into this Nation of Islam @!##, where they only eat One Meal a Day...apparently Malcolm X got by on just 4-5 hours of sleep. And he felt betterthan when he used to sleep 8 hours.

Oh yeah, and I also forgot to mention the amount of light in the room, you'll get best results if your room is pitch black...

Also, rooms being too dark is the Reason lots of people are groggy during the day...the Sun usually emits 10,000-100k "Luxes" (units of light), whilea light fixture in a room only emits 100 luxes....

Here's a solution to that:
http://www.columbia.edu/~mt12/blt.htm
http://www.jansenmedical....uplift-technologies.html

Expensive, but well worth it for the increase in energy & productivity
pimp.gif

when i get like 8, i'm usually good...at least when i have to get up at like 8.

but when i don't have to get up til later, i can usually go with little sleep.

Seems lately, I've been getting less and less sleep each night. 13 hours last night though
pimp.gif

i need 9 hours to be GOOD for the whole day. but i never sleep that much. i usually sleep 5-6 hours which leads to me falling asleep in class.

I think 8 at least but usually I get less. Turns out sleep does help you grow. No school and work and sleeping obscene hours and I've grown a little

Can't remember the last time I got 8 hours of sleep. I got around 3 Thursday night and last night I fell asleep at like 2:30 and woke up at 8:30
smh.gif

Back
Top Bottom