How much $$$ do you guys save a month?

Originally Posted by Mojodmonky1

damb... after reading some of yalls post here, i really need to step up my savings game.

Its tough for me cause my wife (well me too) enjoys going out to nice meals and stuff on the regular.  I was just going through my statements for the past couple of months and have been averaging around $2,100/mo just on groceries/restaurants/take-out/bar tabs
sick.gif
.  I definitely need to scale that back.  If I can get it down to around $1,500/mo average, thats $600 every month that can go towards my savings.

Thankfully the wifes ride is finally paid off this month so we can start putting some more money away.  The wife had been putting away around $1,000-1,500/mo but now we should be able to kick that up to $2,000/mo.  I'd like to build a $50K savings emergency cushion (bout halfway there) in the event that one of us loses our jobs or something catostrophic like that.  Once we hit the $50K threshold, I want to start investing whatever else we have coming in.

2100/month? That's nuts.
We have a family of four we and rarely break 150/week. Me and my brother eat a lot; 3000 calories+/day. 

It's def the going out part. 

I have an aunt who does the same. She makes well into the 6 figures but spends so much. 

Starting next pay check my savings account should have life again. Finished paying off my car so things should be looking a bit more smoothly. No more rice and beans for dinner.
tongue.gif

But, at first when I had started working I was depositing about $100-$200 of each check and keep it saved for emergency purposes, this time it's gonna be for the end of the year taxes. I'm certain I'm gonna have to pay rather than receive.
tired.gif

Originally Posted by three2three

F saving, im not even joking either.

saving 20% blah blah of paycheck isnt the way to financial freedom anyways unless youre cakin anyways an even if you are caking, cost of living an uncle sam.............dependin on how you live. goodbye

"income property"

generate guaranteed monthly income, imagine matching your currently salary thats the goal to start with..............ive met regular ppl who in a couple years are now millionaires, so far along with my mother she is my partner we have a property in buffalo ny an birmingham alabama

im already goin on my second trip to vegas in september, an i dont believe i even had a vay cay last year.
OOO, Vegas, what a feat.
grin.gif

"income property" doesn't turn into "income". You use that "income" to pay off your mortgage. If you're lucky enough to get more then that goes to paying maintenance, property taxes and insurance (if not included in escrow mortgage) and utilities if you're providing them.  The only benefit of income property is the ability to SAVE your regular paychecks from jobs. It doesnt happen in a couple of years...its takes YEARS to turn profit that is all profit when dealing with income properties unless you paid 40-80k for the property.

my dude you have NO idea what youre talking about. 
for me that is a feat for someone who didnt take a vay cay last year, it only gets better. 

seriously if youre interested PM me though.

also with real estate there isnt one SET way to do this, you do know that right?? you realize you can start from nothing an get a property under your belt right?

belonging to an investment group also helps out tremendously, you needa team. YOU DO NOT HAVE TO BE RICH to get into real estate, YOU DO NOT have to have stellar credit. you needa be educated

youre over here talking about utilities, do you know you dont even have to provide that, you can even set it up to a certain amount an if they go over they take care of the rest, etc.

you really dont know what youre talkin about, an the dude Mr 100 said hisself his has 2 properties an he is the same age as me 26 years old. you sound kinda salty, but honestly you should learn man

i got into this with my moms if you didnt catch that before, an i honestly thought it was some bs/were gonna get scammed type stuff. but nah.....

your-town.jpg
 check this book out

saving 20% blah blah of paycheck isnt the way to financial freedom anyways unless youre cakin anyways an even if you are caking, cost of living an uncle sam.............dependin on how you live. goodbye

"income property"

generate guaranteed monthly income, imagine matching your currently salary thats the goal to start with..............ive met regular ppl who in a couple years are now millionaires, so far along with my mother she is my partner we have a property in buffalo ny an birmingham alabama

im already goin on my second trip to vegas in september, an i dont believe i even had a vay cay last year.
OOO, Vegas, what a feat.
grin.gif

"income property" doesn't turn into "income". You use that "income" to pay off your mortgage. If you're lucky enough to get more then that goes to paying maintenance, property taxes and insurance (if not included in escrow mortgage) and utilities if you're providing them.  The only benefit of income property is the ability to SAVE your regular paychecks from jobs. It doesnt happen in a couple of years...its takes YEARS to turn profit that is all profit when dealing with income properties unless you paid 40-80k for the property.

Not true.

Depends on the market. For a long time, this was true. During the bubble, it would be impossible to make money through renting out houses, as rent wouldn't cover your operating costs. Right now is actually a great time to get into this though, even in places like the Bay Area. In some areas, houses are selling at 1998 prices. I recently copped a single family house and after mortgage/tax/insurance..etc, am clearing over 10% in net profit. And this is before you take depreciation for tax purposes.

Originally Posted by PoeticJays

"income property"

OOO, Vegas, what a feat.
grin.gif

Not true.

Depends on the market. For a long time, this was true. During the bubble, it would be impossible to make money through renting out houses, as rent wouldn't cover your operating costs. Right now is actually a great time to get into this though, even in places like the Bay Area. In some areas, houses are selling at 1998 prices. I recently copped a single family house and after mortgage/tax/insurance..etc, am clearing over 10% in net profit. And this is before you take depreciation for tax purposes.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Does anyone have like 2 bank accts where one is for checking and the other acct has money directly deposited into it from the checking acct? Can it even be done? If so whats the process called and what back are you with. Im trying to get some savings going but I want money to be directly transferred into a separate acct is there a term for this even?

Originally Posted by HankMoody

Originally Posted by Al Audi

"income property"

Audi, you are so awesome man! Creditors let you put ZERO down on two properties? Two?!But wait, you say they didn't? But then where did that money come from?!?!

Audi, please answer my questons and son me. I am SO interested in your "F saving" mentality!!

Originally Posted by ps2child

Does anyone have like 2 bank accts where one is for checking and the other acct has money directly deposited into it from the checking acct? Can it even be done? If so whats the process called and what back are you with. Im trying to get some savings going but I want money to be directly transferred into a separate acct is there a term for this even?
You can do something called a pre-authorized transfer, which would automatically move money from one account to another on a time frame that you decide. 
(I'm a Personal Banker) All banks should have that.

FYI, ANYONE IN THE NYC TRYING TO START UP A BANK ACCOUNT HIT ME UP I CAN GET YOU A BONUS $125.

Inbox me 
pimp.gif

Probably like $400. It's not like I'm getting paid alot though, I just save most of it.

"income property"

OOO, Vegas, what a feat.
grin.gif

for me that is a feat for someone who didnt take a vay cay last year, it only gets better. 

also with real estate there isnt one SET way to do this, you do know that right?? you realize you can start from nothing an get a property under your belt right?

belonging to an investment group also helps out tremendously, you needa team. YOU DO NOT HAVE TO BE RICH to get into real estate, YOU DO NOT have to have stellar credit. you needa be educated

youre over here talking about utilities, do you know you dont even have to provide that, you can even set it up to a certain amount an if they go over they take care of the rest, etc.

you really dont know what youre talkin about, an the dude Mr 100 said hisself his has 2 properties an he is the same age as me 26 years old. you sound kinda salty, but honestly you should learn man

i got into this with my moms if you didnt catch that before, an i honestly thought it was some bs/were gonna get scammed type stuff. but nah.....

your-town.jpg
 check this book out

Like dude said above that was true 2008 and before. You must have solid credit and proof to even get a loan now a days. Salty?  I have a duplex that pays twice my mortgage on a single unit. If vegas is your idea of "doing it" then to each his own cause thats not doing it.
I dont need a team nor should anyone because people are only good at 1 thing...letting you down. My boy teamed up for some property and ended up loosing it cause his partner decided he didnt want to deal with a mortgage and its not team credit...its one persons and now he's screwed.

As far as utilities if you have a rental property you're usually dealing with one water line and have to provide trash by law ( at least in los angeles) Trash is ridiculous here and runs you 100-200 bi-monthly. It may not seem like a lot but it eats away at your rent. You can't limit the water out here either. You're given a tier and if you go over you pay a higher rate on the overage and if thats not expressly written in the lease then good luck getting them to shell out your money.

To finish my "salty" demeanor...only an idiot would say not to save just cause you have income property. Whose responsible for all the maintenance and repairs? YOU, the owner.  Lets see you handle an 2-3k plumbing problem with no savings.

That HGH is getting to your brain mr. olympia

P.S. I just came back from Miami/Bahamas and leaving for Belize on Monday and Barbados at the end of the month. All from saving for a year...not my income property.

dude why the terrible attitude why are you so mad?

you do know what this thread topic is about right?

so am i making this all up? No, but think what you want. Im not gonna sit behind the computer an act like a tuff guy like yourself. The mr olympia comment i do like that though, ill take that

moving on though, " i dont need a team nor should anyone" dude that is terrible you really shouldnt live like that.......seriously. thats not how money is made man. everyone knows what team/strong network gets you places an more opps in this world.

as for as the utilities yours stuck on.............maybe your thinking narrow minded or maybe your duplex isnt doing as good as you claim, maybe thats why you are mad.

as far as maintenance/utilities thats what property management is for, you dont even have to step foot in your property an the money comes in an weve gotten 2 properties in under 6 months, ill be getting my own house this fall also.

again, vegas is a feat for me when i wasnt in a position to go on vacation last year, not once but now my 2nd time this year. the goal of real estate investing is more than just making money but making those around you better also.

one last thing, as for as the F the saving mentality, im sorry i offended you but i mean saving paycheck or puttin a little in some bs account isnt the way to financial freedom.

i really think youve been burned or your not seein the return you want, i belong to a group called the insiders edge, i dunno how long you been doing this but with that attitude you want reach the goals you want.

my life has already changed within a half year an youre tryna talk down on me, i dont get it but o well.

o an that book i posted, you should check it out. dean graziosi.............he is one of my contacts. part of the group im in.

Originally Posted by ps2child

Yep I have a BoA checking account where my pay checks get direct deposited to....then I have an online savings account with HSBC and I set it up for the day after I get paid to have a certain amount of money transferred to the account...It works well bc u never miss the money

OOO, Vegas, what a feat.
grin.gif

your-town.jpg
 check this book out
Like dude said above that was true 2008 and before. You must have solid credit and proof to even get a loan now a days. Salty?  I have a duplex that pays twice my mortgage on a single unit. If vegas is your idea of "doing it" then to each his own cause thats not doing it.
I dont need a team nor should anyone because people are only good at 1 thing...letting you down. My boy teamed up for some property and ended up loosing it cause his partner decided he didnt want to deal with a mortgage and its not team credit...its one persons and now he's screwed.

As far as utilities if you have a rental property you're usually dealing with one water line and have to provide trash by law ( at least in los angeles) Trash is ridiculous here and runs you 100-200 bi-monthly. It may not seem like a lot but it eats away at your rent. You can't limit the water out here either. You're given a tier and if you go over you pay a higher rate on the overage and if thats not expressly written in the lease then good luck getting them to shell out your money.

To finish my "salty" demeanor...only an idiot would say not to save just cause you have income property. Whose responsible for all the maintenance and repairs? YOU, the owner.  Lets see you handle an 2-3k plumbing problem with no savings.

That HGH is getting to your brain mr. olympia

P.S. I just came back from Miami/Bahamas and leaving for Belize on Monday and Barbados at the end of the month. All from saving for a year...not my income property.

Im not an income propety owner (im plotting tho) but my pops has several houses/duplexes and a close buddy of mine is an affordable housing property manager. The number one rule is to know your business. Your a land lord not a utilities company so don't to provide utilities. Let the tenant handle their own utilities and cable.never understand why cats take on that burden in fla b/c it not required. Are landlords required to provide utilities in cali? I dont agree with not saving under any circumstance
sick.gif

To even get in a investors group, you have to be willig to put up money. that money must come from somewhere. That's why you save- to take advantage of opportunities. Money talks.

dude why the terrible attitude why are you so mad?

you do know what this thread topic is about right?

so am i making this all up? No, but think what you want. Im not gonna sit behind the computer an act like a tuff guy like yourself. The mr olympia comment i do like that though, ill take that

moving on though, " i dont need a team nor should anyone" dude that is terrible you really shouldnt live like that.......seriously. thats not how money is made man. everyone knows what team/strong network gets you places an more opps in this world.

as for as the utilities yours stuck on.............maybe your thinking narrow minded or maybe your duplex isnt doing as good as you claim, maybe thats why you are mad.

as far as maintenance/utilities thats what property management is for, you dont even have to step foot in your property an the money comes in an weve gotten 2 properties in under 6 months, ill be getting my own house this fall also.

again, vegas is a feat for me when i wasnt in a position to go on vacation last year, not once but now my 2nd time this year. the goal of real estate investing is more than just making money but making those around you better also.

one last thing, as for as the F the saving mentality, im sorry i offended you but i mean saving paycheck or puttin a little in some bs account isnt the way to financial freedom.

i really think youve been burned or your not seein the return you want, i belong to a group called the insiders edge, i dunno how long you been doing this but with that attitude you want reach the goals you want.

my life has already changed within a half year an youre tryna talk down on me, i dont get it but o well.

o an that book i posted, you should check it out. dean graziosi.............he is one of my contacts. part of the group im in.

teach me your ways.  im willing to learned.  i pmed you but u no responded.

That's crazy, I'm 26 and have a decent job with nothing in savings to show for it. I have very little debt, 2-3k not including my car and I'm still fighting with bad credit. Somethings gotta give, cause I come up short every month. I don't even know where all my money goes most of the time. This thread got me on my grind now, finally...

OOO, Vegas, what a feat.
grin.gif

Not true.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
My Mans....

I searched dean grazioli and its filled with scam reports.  Hes one of those late-night informercial guys who charges $5000 for seminars that don't teach anything and are actually just sales pitches to the audience to buy "real estate coaching" packages that cost in the $10,000's.  Lastly, his company has a Better Business Bureau rating of "F". 

Be care full bro

i really want this narrow minded bad attitude three2three guy to come back

i dont think this dude is doing that good, many ppl do fail in real estate but apparently ppl let you down.............maybe thats why you feel the way you do.

to be succcessful its better to have successful people around you

you should check out this book by my dude Robert Shemin, who i met back in May.........now that guy is guru when it comes to this stuff.

Audi,'an I think you are a good guy so I'm a little worried

google these names you're bringing up. When you google "Robert shemin" the second suggestion is "Robert shemin scam"...

I hope you did your hw because a lot of people have been ripped off.

Originally Posted by 2SeatPort

Not true.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
My Mans....

I searched dean grazioli and its filled with scam reports.  Hes one of those late-night informercial guys who charges $5000 for seminars that don't teach anything and are actually just sales pitches to the audience to buy "real estate coaching" packages that cost in the $10,000's.  Lastly, his company has a Better Business Bureau rating of "F". 

Be care full bro
anyone can google
ive done this already, I was that skeptic BEFORE. all the infomation an contacts weve made have mad us successful really fast.

like i said again, im in this with my moms so she put me onto this.

YES you are right there is a late night informational for it, ive never seen it myself i just googled as much as i could before hand.

before we went full on board, we went to a few things in hartford CT, i believe the group send out successful ppl to talk in different cities or what not that weeds out the ppl who are about that life an the ones who think its alll a crock of (&#$, but from the ppl ive met an the stories an journeys i realized anyone can do this if they try. an gotdamn i know i sound like an informercial myself but im not lyin to you.

without gettin to personal im tryna think of a way i can prove some of this 

i dont think this dude is doing that good, many ppl do fail in real estate but apparently ppl let you down.............maybe thats why you feel the way you do.

to be succcessful its better to have successful people around you

fixed...

Audi have you ever heard of Quinton PrimoIII . If you haven't chek him out. thats my dude.

Originally Posted by HankMoody

Audi,'an I think you are a good guy so I'm a little worried

google these names you're bringing up. When you google "Robert shemin" the second suggestion is "Robert shemin scam"...

I hope you did your hw because a lot of people have been ripped off.
Hank i understand your concern believe me, I was concerned too.
Ive met these guys dean, robert an even the dude 
incomeproperty_400x300.jpg

i mean real estate investing is serious business, even down to asset protection which is HUGE i have a registered c-corp, ive learned all this stuff an were still learning, this is why i said you gotta learn from other successful ppl

all these ppl who wrote blogs or w.e calling these dudes scams i cant even tell you why man, ive met ppl from all over the country who want a little more in life, many who were already investors but maybe realized they were in a little over there head, my mom an I have no previous experience.

Back
Top Bottom