How much of Lil Wayne's success can be attributed to Dipset?

Who care's, dipset fell off and wayne didn't. Shame for santana, he was almost there.

the question is how much of dipset's last minutes of fame can be attributed to wayne? the only reason anyone cared about juelz after back like cooked crackfaded out was because of the "i can't feel my face" buzz, which only had a buzz because wayne was taking off at that time. then cam had wayne on"suck it or not," which is the closest he came to a hit single after come home with me.. wayne saved dipset. and they died anyway.

Originally Posted by ninjahood

NTers love to ignore context in time..let's just put it like this..when this video dropped Jr-writer had a bigger buzz then lil wayne in NYC
roll.gif

not only is this false but since you're the one ignoring context in time because when this video dropped, nobody outside of NYC cared about NYC.

Originally Posted by McFlyyy

NTers love to ignore context in time..let's just put it like this..when this video dropped Jr-writer had a bigger buzz then lil wayne in NYC
roll.gif

not only is this false but since you're the one ignoring context in time because when this video dropped, nobody outside of NYC cared about NYC.

grin.gif

dedication 2 hadn't dropped yet, and writer's block 3 did.....writer and da rest of dipset was bigger then wayne when this video came out.

The Dips were bigger than Wayne at a point. And what McFlyyy said about Wayne "saving" Dipset towards the end is somewhat true as well. It switchedover.

Damn I'm not the biggest Wayne fan but their thread is suspect. Wayne had 1Platinum and 1 gold album before The Dips even got hot... yeah him beingaffiliated with them helped open his market in the eastcoast but to say much of his success could be attributed to them naw. Him actually mimicking Jay stylefor a while I think actually was more beneficial than being affiliated with the Dips.

Dipset aint influence him til D2, Drought 3 and a lil before that... Dedication 1 is what started his success

Wayne has expressed his respect and affiliation with the Dips/ Harlem since around '02...

-He shouted out The Diplomats on a couple of tracks on 500 Degrees

-He was featured on the unofficial (I believe) "Oh Boy" Remix ("Oh Girl") with Birdman, Jim, and Cam...

-He also shouted them out on some SQAD Mixtapes...

However, its hard to say whether he showed any type of this influence in his music...

But I would attribute some of the exposure that he got in the mid '00's to Dipset, no doubt about it...

Wayne had a plat & gold album but his SOUTHERN style of rap was getting played. Dip Set (Santana,Cam) was popping in the streets way more than Wayne &they had a HEAVY influence on the northern regions accepting Wayne & on him changing his style. Between him exchanging bars w/ them & copying Jay &Gillies style that's what made him appealing once again.

Dip Set+Drama = Wayne's success
Diddy+Swizz Beats+Drama=TI's success & Jay cosigned both also...

Originally Posted by retrowear23

gone in 60 seconds wrote:

Gillie+Dip Set+Jay (sprinkle in some Curren$y)=Lil Wayne

For those saying the mixtapes made him pop, true but ppl weren't into those Squad tapes as much as the Dedication tapes (although the quality was there).
Between Gillie,Dip Set & studying Jay that's when his style changed & ppl started paying attention to him.

down here

Correct,down there. Not up North, ova East or those suburban kids

Originally Posted by McFlyyy

roll.gif

grin.gif

dedication 2 hadn't dropped yet, and writer's block 3 did.....writer and da rest of dipset was bigger then wayne when this video came out.

so because jr put wayne on one song, he got his style from him? the only people who heard this bum *!# song are dipset stans and people who listento mixtapes.. this did nothing for wayne's career whatsoever.

Nah G wayyyyyyyyy before this track. Wayne was already top 3 (popularity wise) by the time this track leaked. I remember @ 1 time Juelz,Jeezy & Wayne(along w/ Fab) all were on the same level. I blame Cam for holding Juelz back, y'all forgot about Best Of Both Hoods & I Can't Feel My Face? Theyhelped each other get buzz in the opposite region.

http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_uri=/&gl=US#/watch?v=xRGN0v8TCEM&client=mv-google

Originally Posted by blueLAMBORGHINI

Nobody thinks of Wayne when they think of Dipset, come on now.

lil-wayne-juelz-santana.jpg

lil wayne completely look like a dipset extra when da tru religons and wallet chains popped off in harlem...da hell u talkin bout?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by gone in 60 seconds

Nah G wayyyyyyyyy before this track. Wayne was already top 3 (popularity wise) by the time this track leaked. I remember @ 1 time Juelz,Jeezy & Wayne (along w/ Fab) all were on the same level. I blame Cam for holding Juelz back, y'all forgot about Best Of Both Hoods & I Can't Feel My Face? They helped each other get buzz in the opposite region.
http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_uri=/&gl=US#/watch?v=xRGN0v8TCEM&client=mv-google
naw I know its a newer joint I just like it alot
laugh.gif
.� But Ido believe Wayne rode a little on the Dips coat tails which got him another group of fans.

I would say Wayne owe 15% to Killa
nerd.gif

This @+!$$ used to call himself Dip South
indifferent.gif

"I'm so Dip Set, Dipsouth baby. If you don't like it @+!$$ %%@+ you w/ an aids d *%^ "

yea i would say 15% sounds about rite, cus thru messing wit dipset he acquired that same street buzz and fanbase they had, but managed 2 keep it oncedipsetfizzled out. Around that time i basically THOUGHT i was a member of dipset lol, but wayne just popped out of nowhere wit a whole new swag and took over thegame.

Nobody is saying that dipset made wayne, but around that time he latched on to their kind of style , he doesnt owe dem anything but its the truth

Some but not all. However, I'd say gaining a buzz is more important than maintaining it. So you could say a lot can be attributed to them but pplshouldn't front like Wayne aint built his success on his own music as terrible as it may be.

Wow, interesting comments. Based on the information given in this thread, I can only go with the theorythat by working with Dipset or Juelz he was able to leave from up under the Cash Money umbrella, as far as working with other artist. But of course, IMO, LilWayne's transformation came from him having to look else where for production after Manny Fresh packed up hisbeats and pulled the songs that Lil Wayne was working on for the Carter 2. This forced him to have to re-create his self and his sound and he gravitated toother producers until he found his niche. Now this also gave him the confidence that he was not defined by the Cash Money sound and that he could make hitswith any sound. That's why currently he is jumping into a lot of different types of music. In retrospect, he became victorious during the debalce of theCash Money sound but with a few wrong moves this could have easily become Career Suicide.

Originally Posted by DJ Husslin Keez

Wow, interesting comments. Based on the information given in this thread, I can only go with the theory that by working with Dipset or Juelz he was able to leave from up under the Cash Money umbrella, as far as working with other artist. But of course, IMO, Lil Wayne's transformation came from him having to look else where for production after Manny Fresh packed up his beats and pulled the songs that Lil Wayne was working on for the Carter 2. This forced him to have to re-create his self and his sound and he gravitated to other producers until he found his niche. Now this also gave him the confidence that he was not defined by the Cash Money sound and that he could make hits with any sound. That's why currently he is jumping into a lot of different types of music. In retrospect, he became victorious during the debalce of the Cash Money sound but with a few wrong moves this could have easily become Career Suicide.

/thread

Originally Posted by DJ Husslin Keez

Wow, interesting comments. Based on the information given in this thread, I can only go with the theory that by working with Dipset or Juelz he was able to leave from up under the Cash Money umbrella, as far as working with other artist. But of course, IMO, Lil Wayne's transformation came from him having to look else where for production after Manny Fresh packed up his beats and pulled the songs that Lil Wayne was working on for the Carter 2. This forced him to have to re-create his self and his sound and he gravitated to other producers until he found his niche. Now this also gave him the confidence that he was not defined by the Cash Money sound and that he could make hits with any sound. That's why currently he is jumping into a lot of different types of music. In retrospect, he became victorious during the debalce of the Cash Money sound but with a few wrong moves this could have easily become Career Suicide.

Realist S I read in this thread

Back
Top Bottom