How old were you when you moved out of your parents house?

Just subscribed, too...

:pimp: :pimp:

My man :pimp:

How old are you OP

Just turned 22

Just copped my own first spot, not even gonna lie I'm kind of nervous b. Feel like a beta. :smh:

I'm a pretty antisocial dude so I'm not gonna have too many people coming over. I also work from home as well, so that kind of makes things worse. No girl either.

When you first moved out, how did you keep yourself busy? I kinda feel like I'm going to go insane smh

Good time to build up some skills.

Im 20 and ive been living by myself for the past 5 months... I've come farther in my programming in these 5 months than I have in the entirety of my life.

The peace and quiet to me is A1 over anything else, and when I want to have people over I have that option as well.

Im a tech dude though, so I can always find something new to break my occasional boredom in minutes.

Beaten a lot of games ive never finished too :lol:

Good tips here bruh. I gotta get my video game library up. All I play nowadays is 2K and Dying light :lol:

Last edited:
18 when I moved out, haven't lived at home since then. 29 years old now(30 in May)

Started off a broke college student no cable, no eating out etc. worked hard, made a budget, now I live comfortably. Didn't come over night, but once you on your feet you will appreciate the struggle

Was in college from 18-24 then moved back home and worked there for a few years..then finally moved out to NYC to teach..and haven't been back since..

Now I'm livin with my girl in a home that we just purchased in September after two years of apartment living together..

I was 19. Moved in with my girlfriend and then told her to get lost and moved in with myself.

Why is it so hard for people to meet these days? Y'all don't just talk/flirt with random females while at the grocery store and **** like that? When you see a woman at the grocery store at 8 o'clock by herself, buying some random ****, chances are she doesn't have a man, otherwise she would be home cuddled up.

Make it your mission to shake that beta vibe OP. Say hello to your female neighbors and smile. One of them will want the D. Trust.

Just copped my own first spot, not even gonna lie I'm kind of nervous b. Feel like a beta. :smh:

I'm a pretty antisocial dude so I'm not gonna have too many people coming over. I also work from home as well, so that kind of makes things worse. No girl either.

When you first moved out, how did you keep yourself busy? I kinda feel like I'm going to go insane smh
But a weight bench

Improve your body cop some books
Get a dog

mid 20s.... but i came back early 30s...

moms on deaths door, i take care of her usually but she been  living at the hospital past few weeks

. quiet af i have the house to myself with my kids....  even when she was home she pretty much bed ridden. even when she wasnt  never had to worrry about privacy or having females over. never had a problem with having freedom when at my moms. moms never toked late in life but loved to smell trees.....
. i have my own studio in the back. my kids have they own rooms in the house.  

Last edited:
Technically moved out at 17 when I went away to college. I would come home on breaks

I really moved out last year at the age of 24 cuz my pops was always finding dumb **** to complain about. This May will be one year since I moved out. Wouldn't change a damn thing. Having the peace of mind and freedom to do as you please is priceless :smokin

Last edited:
just turned 25 and still live at home.

i only find this semi acceptable because my parents decided not save up, help, or do anything for me in college. although they couldnt really do anything for me because they had a lot of other stuff going on financially. i ended up paying for my entire BA out of pocket as a bartender. the entire time, even after i graduated, my parents never once asked me to move out, what my plans were, or anything because they knew they messed up not helping me in college, especially since they decided to help my little sister pay for hers

do i want to move out? of course. and i will this year. but my parents travel a lot, for work and for vacations. so im always home alone. and im the handy man type, so i do all the house projects/renovations/work. in alot of ways, i convince myself i should stay as long as possible because i think i deserve to or because i think im helping my parents with all the stuff i do around the house, but im slowly losing that mindset and looking for a house of my own.

does anyone ever had their parents asking for rent or had to pay rent when they lived at home?

:lol: that's ******* grimey....

To me, there's a difference between giving a few bucks on your own accord to help out, in comparison to your parents ASKING for rent :lol:

To answer OP, I was 23.

does anyone ever had their parents asking for rent or had to pay rent when they lived at home?

I know people who have their parents do this.

HOWEVER. I know a couple of people who have had their parents give them the rent back (once they've moved out).
I guess it was just to get them into the mindset of saving early on.

I'm 18 graduated high school almost a year ago and my girl of 3 years & Mom are already putting pressure on me to leave the house :/

To OP, if your beat making only requires 10 hours of work per week, why not get a more time consuming & stable job? You could easily put in 40 hours of work somewhere and still have time to put in 10 on the beats.

22 but not by choice. There was a fire at my mothers house the day before my college graduation. We were staying at my Aunts house but I couldn't deal with the stress from the situation so I moved out. It's one of the best choices you can make at that age. Its rough at first but once you get use to things its fun.

18, I got out once I could since my relationship with my parents are all bad.  Still hardly speak to them to this day and I'm 31

:lol: that's ******* grimey....

To me, there's a difference between giving a few bucks on your own accord to help out, in comparison to your parents ASKING for rent :lol:

To answer OP, I was 23.

Completely disagree.

But this is also the reason I don't look down upon 20 or even 30 something year olds who live with their parents. If they're helping out with the bills or paying rent its a non issue.

Last edited:
On my 18th birthday. On good terms tho. Already had my lease and everything
Couldnt sneak anymore yambs into my folks house :lol:

Turns out my dad wasnt too excited tho. he missed having me around the house. He passed away a year later :/

Back
Top Bottom