How to change your varsity red 6

Originally Posted by AnimeBaller14

anyone able to get pictures of a colored infrared stitched pocket and the lace locket?

I tried to do the jumpman, the color pops at first while the ink is still wet but once it dries, it looks the same. That may be the marker or the thread of the jumpman being difficult to hold color. As far as the lace lock, i left that alone, didnt see much difference, but that was my experience.

how many coats you guys do for the white/varsity reds... ive done 3 and it looks pretty good, not sure if im gonna do another cuz rubbing it with your finger helps ALOT with the shine and overall look. Dunno if Im gonna try the jumpman tho

So you guys are rubbing the paint with your finger, and its not coming off?

Can someone that used a garden craft brand marker confirm this before i F up a new pair of kicks?

Can someone that used a garden craft brand marker confirm this before i F up a new pair of kicks?

Originally Posted by aphexacid

I did another pair and the paint stayed on them perfect so its all good there 

Originally Posted by htc707

how long the color gonna last?
for a while unless something crazy happens like you bumping up against a curve or something then nothing should happen to them 

anybody wanna shoot me there marker if there done with it?
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
paypal ready!!!

Originally Posted by aphexacid

yea it doesnt rub off.

Originally Posted by ptrakarn23

anybody wanna shoot me there marker if there done with it?
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
paypal ready!!!

i got the craft 210 and 310 red marker still in the wrapper.

Everybody varsity/infared VI look amazing. This was a great find. props to everybody doing this method. I might do it to my Varsity VIs also

Originally Posted by Bigman652

pimp.gif
The Maverick 41 wrote:

Originally Posted by sincere

Wow, I've never said anything negative on this site before, but really people?
smh.gif

No matter what, no matter how you paint them...they're NOT Infrared's. That's a fact! Speaking of fact; this is almost on the same level of wearing bootleg J's. Okay, okay! Technically, they are real J's, but they were/are better in their intended form/presentation. Leave your Varsities alone. At least they will be REAL Varsities vs. FAKE Infrared's! Stop the madness! You don't have to fake it until you make it. Please don't call them custom kicks as an attempt to justify your means. I'm officially going to call these  marker painted VI's, "Mark VI's" as in buster/fake VI's (and the fact that markers were used) and/or "Inferior VI's" instead of Infrared VI's. This is my take on the whole Crayon situation. Hey...to each his own.
My opinion is not intended to be loved nor hated. I would like my opinion to viewed as a collegiate analysis. Basically, It's food for thought
pimp.gif
youmadn.jpg

nelsonhahay.jpg
this sounds like sombody trying to get some attention in my opionion i made the video becasue people were courious and now you sitting here shuting people down...Pause...your not the CEO or jordan brand or jordan brand yourself ...i got the kicks for free and did it out of good favor to the sneaker community and you over here getting butt hurt cuz you probly paid idk a stack for some og....i know people that did'nt have bread cuz that bought these trash shoes and missed out on the pack cuz hypebeast bought them up so again good aternative and you AGAIN are just trying to get attention.

WHO YOU TALKING TO MAURICE. I JUST SPOKE TO YOU THE OTHER DAY, JUST READ THIS TODAY. HUH? WHERE IS THIS COMING FROM? THIS IS MIKE WHISKEY HOMIE. YOU CAN'T BE TALKING TO ME? IF YOU DONE THIS TO YOUR SHOES, THEN SO BE IT. WEAR THE MARK VI'S, BUT DON'T COME AT ME SIDEWAYS ONLINE. I'M ABOUT TO CALL YOU. AS A MATTER OF FACT, WHY ARE YOU TALKING TO ME? WHO WAS TALKING TO YOU AND WHAT VIDEO ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT. YOU'RE SOUNDING SENSITIVE LITTLE HOMIE.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by xX LeGod Xx

Originally Posted by Trav T

I'm waiting for someone to paint their White/Varsity Reds Sport Blue.
If only it didn't have the Jumpman on the back, it'd be
smokin.gif

air-jordan-vi-6-retro-varsity-red-384664-102-01.jpg

TO
im going to get some acetone and try this asap!! AMAZING!! just have to wait and get another pair of the varsities then im going to do the white and infa and the sport blue

has anybody done a sport blue pair yet? PLEASE post pics if so i know they'll look
pimp.gif

smokin.gif

TO
im going to get some acetone and try this asap!! AMAZING!! just have to wait and get another pair of the varsities then im going to do the white and infa and the sport blue

has anybody done a sport blue pair yet? PLEASE post pics if so i know they'll look
pimp.gif

smokin.gif

TO

pimp.gif

I really wanna see someone make this conversion as well. Maybe JB should just release them.

I just converted my varsity reds to infrareds using the garden craft marker. I can't believe how good they turned out. I even painted the lace locks. 
A couple of tips for those out there who want to do this: 

1) The marker dries matte. Very matte. The infrared looks bright and vibrant, but a little too orange-$#$ and definitely fake. I bought an acrylic gloss finish to paint over the marker paint and it looks legit now. Also it should help improve the lasting life of the color, as well as the quality of the paint. It will make the infrared maker paint look slightly darker, but much closer to actual infrared. 

2) Even though the heel tab dries matte, using a matte finish to seal the paint dramatically improves the durability and quality of the heel tab color. 

3) I do not recommend everybody doing the lace locks. If you have an extremely steady hand, and a great eye, then go for it. 

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Pics look good for the most part, here are mine. So any stories about the paint coming off during wears?

I used the skinny tip, marker 210 for the edges, for those of you that messed up, I hear acetone gets the red off the leather/midsole (white pair)

Back
Top Bottom