How to change your varsity red 6

Originally Posted by UPandCOMING32

^
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
i second that motion
pimp.gif

I don't think it's worth it cause i UnDSed my Black/Vred VI's the day of the infrared pack release and the same guys who were selling the infrared pack earlier that morning @ Footlocker,

thought I had Infrareds on and thought i was Crazy for even wearing them. LOL......Meanwhile the same pair of Vred's I had on my feet were right in front of them on the shelves.

Honestly for the purists.....I totally understand, but really you can't tell the difference ON THE FOOT in person.

Originally Posted by BoredONE1

would this work on 3's? i see dude painting his V's and IV's....
Yea it should all work the same either way cuz i know how the 3s crack alot and they should work

Bigman652 how should I properly custom mine? I thnk there was a step by step coulple pages back but don't really feel like lookn for it lol nd where can I order this magic marker? Any tips?

Bigman652 how should I properly custom mine? I thnk there was a step by step coulple pages back but don't really feel like lookn for it lol nd where can I order this magic marker? Any tips?

Originally Posted by jojoluv19

hahahaha thats too funny

Stop trolling already, I see you on almost every page in every thread with the same lame comments to get your post count up.  Shut it down already little kid.

I've worn mine plenty of times since posting my pics, and there hasn't been any chipping or discoloration. This weekend I was at a sneaker release party, and sneakerheads were asking if I had to wait in line for them so if you have any doubts about how legit they'll look then breathe easy. 
Also, if you have OG, or '01's, then you know that the infrared has a matte finish, but the '10's have a glossy finish. Its up to you what kind of finish you want to put on it. I put the glossy on it, because they'll never look like the OG/'01's no matter what you do. 

What would you guys think about changing the Laker VI's? To me they are super ugly--and pretty boring--with the contrast stitching and white accents. However, the 3M and yellow air bubble give it some serious potential. As soon as I find out how my financial situation is going to shape out, I'm going to pick up a pair and make a completely new shoe. Purple accents, no contrast stitching, purple Jumpman on tongue and back--really excited! I'll post picks when I get it done. 

Originally Posted by mprime7

I've worn mine plenty of times since posting my pics, and there hasn't been any chipping or discoloration. This weekend I was at a sneaker release party, and sneakerheads were asking if I had to wait in line for them so if you have any doubts about how legit they'll look then breathe easy. 
Also, if you have OG, or '01's, then you know that the infrared has a matte finish, but the '10's have a glossy finish. Its up to you what kind of finish you want to put on it. I put the glossy on it, because they'll never look like the OG/'01's no matter what you do. 
You could use a matt finish or something and it would work out possibly. But its all about the chemicals you use to do that. I remember when i was in art class i did a painting and they had the matt finisher. Im not sure how it would work on these if i was too do it but i might try it out and see the results after the fact. An your idea bout the laker 6s seems like a good more ! Def cant wait to see pics

would anyone know what could be an effective method in changing the red jumpman on the tounge to gold?

Originally Posted by jreese44

would anyone know what could be an effective method in changing the red jumpman on the tounge to gold?
you would have to paint it white first then you would have to paint the gold on top of that

Originally Posted by j o 19

Originally Posted by HuaracheKing1914

work on ya painting skills homie....edges r rediculous......like u got parkinsons or something

ITS MORE OF THE MARKER BLEEDING THAN MY PAINTING SKILLS SORT OF LIKE WHAT WOULD HAPPEN TO YOU IF YOU POPPED THAT TRASH IN PERSON MR. PARKINSON.... THANKS FOR YOUR INPUT #IMDONE
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by WaveyJonesLocker

Originally Posted by HuaracheKing1914

work on ya painting skills homie....edges r rediculous......like u got parkinsons or something

ITS MORE OF THE MARKER BLEEDING THAN MY PAINTING SKILLS SORT OF LIKE WHAT WOULD HAPPEN TO YOU IF YOU POPPED THAT TRASH IN PERSON MR. PARKINSON.... THANKS FOR YOUR INPUT #IMDONE
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

dead

I know I'm late, but wanted to share mines. Finally was able to get some Garden Markers(I'm not located in US) and decided to give it a try on my DS pair of VI black/vreds. Very happy with the results. I little glossy, but looks better than the varsity red. Didn't do the Jumpan on the tongue and on the sole. I wont be doing for sure the one on the sole, but Im on the fence about the one on the tongue. To the casual eye the difference is not very noticeable. Used the lace locks from my pair of 2000 VI, which I kept DS, but the sole crumbled in its entirety. If someone is interested in trying a sole swap on a pair of DS infrared VIs hit me up
wink.gif
. Here are the pics!
f8c35e81e8c95339bdeac76fb114aa19cf9a150.jpg

ac635abee8b854b9b0bdc5f0bd9d490867d1d80.jpg

With flash
26a15ee752b3cab0ca1ee192e1f7ec1a6936d2a.jpg

Back
Top Bottom