How to change your varsity red 6

Originally Posted by BinYe

On the white varsity reds:

Crapperooni. I applied paint (not garden craft, some thicker stuff i used on my black/varsity reds)
to the tongue accidentally went over to the white.

So i decided to clean it out with water. No prob.

Unfortunately, i didn't let it dry long enough before i added more paint to the rest of the jumpman
and it bled through. Now it looks like Jordan is blurring out but with a red halo around him.

I purchased a white garden craft marker... seems to be doing the trick.

Hopefully with a couple more applications, i can resolve the "halo" dilemma and use the red
garden craft to coat the jumpman.

But word to the wise... mask the midsoles properly and be extremely careful/precise when doing the
jumpman on the tongue.

Ouch.
Please post pics of your white/reds. I got as far as taping my white/reds and right before I started to paint them my wife called and let me know she had found the infra package for me.

^^
frown.gif
Good way to waste money, Hype Killed your shoes. Its just a color that you cant even see when you got them on.

Originally Posted by TheShoeKing23

^^
frown.gif
Good way to waste money, Hype Killed your shoes. Its just a color that you cant even see when you got them on.
I wouldn't consider it a waste if its something I wanted to do w/ my money. To each his own...some want to paint brand new shoes a slightly different color (I fall into that category), others may not. All a matter of opinion. And although the difference in color is slight b/w the black/vars. reds & black/infras...the difference is extremely noticeable w/ the white pair.

Originally Posted by DeeeCeee

Please post pics of your white/reds. I got as far as taping my white/reds and right before I started to paint them my wife called and let me know she had found the infra package for me.

I was mad impatient. I took the 310 red Tera Cotta Garden Craft and just starting scraping the tip over the varsity red
without MASKING IT.

boy... did i get red all over the place (my lack of being patient/forbearance is the reason why i'm not with the woman of my
dreams... and my personality definitely exemplified that when i rushed to have the shoes painted so can wear them to the gym).

Because of my stubborness and negligence, i FUUUUUUKED up my shoes and went backwards.

For a guy who isn't meticulous about anything in life but his shoes (i'm sloppy with life in general)... i really let myself go and
the end result is 120$ (hard earned of course) damaged.

Close up of the hexed: (if you think the prominent opaque white is bad... the pinkish halo is even worse, but its difficult to gauge in pic)

With the laces/lace lock over them, it moderately masks the blemishes/casualty.

*sighs*

Thank goodness i got two pairs.

Btw, i'm not done with the midsole. I have yet to apply color to the edges and have only housed one coat.

Still premature to say the least... but the tongue kills me. Coldsore.

besides the jumpman those look pretty good...even the jumpman isnt that bad...waitin on my markers to come in the mail

-MVPLIKEKOBE, go to micheals on riverdale rd thas where I copped mine.

-BinYe, joints look fine to me... At first I was starin like, %!* did he do iont see it! Then you pointed out the
tounge part then I had to do the microscopic with the iPhone to see it. They str8 in my op.

I did my wht/VRed and they came out pretty ILL, for those on the fence jus make sure you mask the +!*$ outta
your shoes. IT'S A BYOTCH tryna get this marker outta the white heel, but I bought the white 210 too so I jus
went over it. Wish Ida prepared for that tho. Any idea how to get the marker out of the heel?

[color= rgb(255, 102, 0)]IF YOURE PAINTING YOUR PAIR AND IT LOOKS DULL....GIVE IT A RUB WITH SOME TISSUE/NAPKIN AND IT WILL GLOSS RIGHT UP AND LOOK JUST THE WAY IT SHOULD; I CANNOT REMEMBER IF I ADDED ALL 3 COATINGS BEFORE RUBBING[/color].

Originally Posted by BinYe

Originally Posted by DeeeCeee

I was mad impatient. I took the 310 red Tera Cotta Garden Craft and just starting scraping the tip over the varsity red
without MASKING IT.

boy... did i get red all over the place (my lack of being patient/forbearance is the reason why i'm not with the woman of my
dreams... and my personality definitely exemplified that when i rushed to have the shoes painted so can wear them to the gym).

Because of my stubborness and negligence, i FUUUUUUKED up my shoes and went backwards.

For a guy who isn't meticulous about anything in life but his shoes (i'm sloppy with life in general)... i really let myself go and
the end result is 120$ (hard earned of course) damaged.

Close up of the hexed: (if you think the prominent opaque white is bad... the pinkish halo is even worse, but its difficult to gauge in pic)

With the laces/lace lock over them, it moderately masks the blemishes/casualty.

*sighs*

Thank goodness i got two pairs.

Btw, i'm not done with the midsole. I have yet to apply color to the edges and have only housed one coat.

Still premature to say the least... but the tongue kills me. Coldsore.

they look good homie, did you rub the paint after it dried like people are doing with the blk/red? I have a long weekend coming up so I might paint mine then.

Filly- I actually went to Michael's on riverdale like a week ago but couldnt find anything...even asked the girl at the counter and she didint think they had em...u know what section there in?

Thanks for the reassurance (sorry, i'm insecure :tongue: ).

Yeah, from a distance, they look ok (but i have yet to witness a person
hold my shoes and examine them so its really no biggie).

I didn't rub them yet because i've only secured one coat.

But i did do the finger buff to my black/varsity reds and yeah... it's starting to
radiate with that gloss/glow.

I'll show you a picture today after work of the tongue i did on the black/vr's and
they turned out spectacular (even somewhat glossy).

And to DeeCee... yeah, painting the white/vr's is a big deal becuz the red is much
darker in lieu to the black/vr's: it stands out SO MUCH when you Garden Craft it.

*shrugs*

Can't pm MVP.... iPhone FTL.
When I went there the chick was lost. Smh she directed me to the pack of garden craft markers.
Which was like 15 bucks then I was on the way out, I asked a guy who seemed to pay attention
to where he worked and showed me a marker section in the front next to sharpies and stuff and there they were. Hope that helps fam.

I did mine over the weekend. Grabbed the Garden Craft marker from Michaels. I don't know about the other markers mentioned but the Garden Craft worked extremely well. The most important part imo is MASKING. Gotta watch those cracks around the air bubble. I was cool for the most part but got a dot of marker on the ice but quickly got it off. Rubbed the ink in as well to get a glossier finish. I think it's best to look at em again the next day just so the fresher eyes can see what you missed the first time. I'll paint the jumpman and lace lock and post pics. 

pimp.gif
The Maverick 41 wrote:

Originally Posted by sincere

Wow, I've never said anything negative on this site before, but really people?
smh.gif

No matter what, no matter how you paint them...they're NOT Infrared's. That's a fact! Speaking of fact; this is almost on the same level of wearing bootleg J's. Okay, okay! Technically, they are real J's, but they were/are better in their intended form/presentation. Leave your Varsities alone. At least they will be REAL Varsities vs. FAKE Infrared's! Stop the madness! You don't have to fake it until you make it. Please don't call them custom kicks as an attempt to justify your means. I'm officially going to call these  marker painted VI's, "Mark VI's" as in buster/fake VI's (and the fact that markers were used) and/or "Inferior VI's" instead of Infrared VI's. This is my take on the whole Crayon situation. Hey...to each his own.
My opinion is not intended to be loved nor hated. I would like my opinion to viewed as a collegiate analysis. Basically, It's food for thought
pimp.gif
youmadn.jpg

nelsonhahay.jpg

this sounds like sombody trying to get some attention in my opionion i made the video becasue people were courious and now you sitting here shuting people down...Pause...your not the CEO or jordan brand or jordan brand yourself ...i got the kicks for free and did it out of good favor to the sneaker community and you over here getting butt hurt cuz you probly paid idk a stack for some og....i know people that did'nt have bread cuz that bought these trash shoes and missed out on the pack cuz hypebeast bought them up so again good aternative and you AGAIN are just trying to get attention.

Originally Posted by xX LeGod Xx

Originally Posted by Trav T

I'm waiting for someone to paint their White/Varsity Reds Sport Blue.
If only it didn't have the Jumpman on the back, it'd be
smokin.gif

air-jordan-vi-6-retro-varsity-red-384664-102-01.jpg

TO
im going to get some acetone and try this asap!! AMAZING!! just have to wait and get another pair of the varsities then im going to do the white and infa and the sport blue

just finished my first coat like 5 min ago...gonna see how there lookin tomorrow and prob add another coat...my masking job was beyond thoro so i think these should turn out nice

wow...impressed... what do you guys tell others when they ask you (and you are wearing the painted modified varsity reds) "nice infrareds!...how long did you wait in line for em??" or "where did you cop your infrared pack from?" What do you tell them??.. So far I just tell em straight up...

I never been asked. I own the pack as well tho so is prolly jus tell them about my pack

good luck to everyone converting their varsity reds. I will be returning my white/vred tomorrow as I just picked up the pack from 34th FA.

Originally Posted by sneakaprince

I never been asked. I own the pack as well tho so is prolly jus tell them about my pack

yea I got the pack also but I haven't worn em yet... I tell people the truth when I wear my modifed v-reds that I painted em.. Yea I have no shame lol... I'd like to see someone color em sport blue! I know someone customized a 2000 blk/infra on to blk/blue it came out real clean too

Originally Posted by Trav T

Someone hurry up and do Sport Blues lol
^^^
As soon as Swoosh decides to get off the pot and realize there's no more demand for the vreds and discount them like the rest of the VI's...

Back
Top Bottom