How to change your varsity red 6

I bet the Garden Kraft company is wondering why there is a sudden spike in the demand for their red paint markers lol.

oh k guys i spoke to soon if u dont got settle hands this isnt for u, i gave them to my girlfriend and she did such a wonderdful job they came out very nice
i would say get both markers the 301 and the 201 cause certain spots its hard to get with the bigger marker (the 301)

Originally Posted by sincere

Wow, I've never said anything negative on this site before, but really people?
smh.gif

No matter what, no matter how you paint them...they're NOT Infrared's. That's a fact! Speaking of fact; this is almost on the same level of wearing bootleg J's. Okay, okay! Technically, they are real J's, but they were/are better in their intended form/presentation. Leave your Varsities alone. At least they will be REAL Varsities vs. FAKE Infrared's! Stop the madness! You don't have to fake it until you make it. Please don't call them custom kicks as an attempt to justify your means. I'm officially going to call these  marker painted VI's, "Mark VI's" as in buster/fake VI's (and the fact that markers were used) and/or "Inferior VI's" instead of Infrared VI's. This is my take on the whole Crayon situation. Hey...to each his own.
My opinion is not intended to be loved nor hated. I would like my opinion to viewed as a collegiate analysis. Basically, It's food for thought
pimp.gif

You mad doggie? You go on a rant about how you will view these as fake infareds yet say "to each his own." Can't have it both ways champ. So if I a car and paint it, does it make it fake? And it's not food for thought, it's your opinion.

Opinion's are like ***holes, everybody has one.

smh.gif

No matter what, no matter how you paint them...they're NOT Infrared's. That's a fact! Speaking of fact; this is almost on the same level of wearing bootleg J's. Okay, okay! Technically, they are real J's, but they were/are better in their intended form/presentation. Leave your Varsities alone. At least they will be REAL Varsities vs. FAKE Infrared's! Stop the madness! You don't have to fake it until you make it. Please don't call them custom kicks as an attempt to justify your means. I'm officially going to call these  marker painted VI's, "Mark VI's" as in buster/fake VI's (and the fact that markers were used) and/or "Inferior VI's" instead of Infrared VI's. This is my take on the whole Crayon situation. Hey...to each his own.
My opinion is not intended to be loved nor hated. I would like my opinion to viewed as a collegiate analysis. Basically, It's food for thought
pimp.gif
^^^
Seriously bra?..
I've been at this shoe thing since '85 and I'm FOR letting people do what they want to do with their kicks.  In fact, whoever the 1st guy was to try using this marker on the VReds should be commended for taking a chance and making something good a hellofalot better with a very simple mod that anyone with a steady hand can do.
JB knew what they were doing by dropping both VReds and Infras so close to each other and this is a great alternative for those who don't have the luxury of dropping $300+ on something that's essentially already out, just slapped with a 'limited' tag BS to get the pot stirred.
I personally think that those who have done it have had great results and seriously, unless you drop to your knees and sniff at a dude's kicks to check if they were painted or not is just ridiculous.
DO WHAT YOU LIKE!

peace

smh.gif

pimp.gif
youmadn.jpg

nelsonhahay.jpg

CAN SOMEONE POST A SUPER DETAILED EXPLANATION ON THE BEST WAY TO DO THIS BEFORE I GO AND MESS UP MY KICKS THANK YOU SINCERELY

smh.gif

pimp.gif
Darn!

Originally Posted by j o 19

CAN SOMEONE POST A SUPER DETAILED EXPLANATION ON THE BEST WAY TO DO THIS BEFORE I GO AND MESS UP MY KICKS THANK YOU SINCERELY

step 1. mask
step 2. paint
step 3. let dry
step 4. repeat steps 2 & 3 until desired shade is reached

I really don't think it's any more complicated than that. Except maybe to run the marker in the same direction all the time, ie. right to left, left to right, up/down, down/up until the entire area is covered. good luck and post pics when it's done.

Originally Posted by LosALMIGHTY

step 1. mask
step 2. paint
step 3. let dry

I really don't think it's any more complicated than that. Except maybe to run the marker in the same direction all the time, ie. right to left, left to right, up/down, down/up until the entire area is covered. good luck and post pics when it's done.
VERY APPRECIATED..I GUESS I WAS MORE SO WONDERING IF YOU GUYS DID BACK N FORTH, UP N DOWN, NUMBER OF SHADES ETC.... IM PARANOID BC I HAD A HUGE F UP WIT TAKING ADVICE FROM HERE B4 SO I WANNA GET THIS RIGHT THE FIRST TIME..IF ANYONE ELSE HAS ANY THING MORE DETAILED TO ADD PLEASE DO

So now that d pack is out and all gone. I was wondering how many people will coat the black infras with the magic marker. Lol honestly it looks nice to me. Far away from varsity red. (Only noticable wen place ryt next to each other) the color really pops out on d black infras. Specially wen there's a lot of lighting. But I know I'm not the only one who's satisfied. People will tweak their infras sooner or later. Just to make em even deeper or ligther in color. Feel free to post pics people.

Originally Posted by LosALMIGHTY

step 1. mask
step 2. paint
step 3. let dry

VERY APPRECIATED..I GUESS I WAS MORE SO WONDERING IF YOU GUYS DID BACK N FORTH, UP N DOWN, NUMBER OF SHADES ETC.... IM PARANOID BC I HAD A HUGE F UP WIT TAKING ADVICE FROM HERE B4 SO I WANNA GET THIS RIGHT THE FIRST TIME..IF ANYONE ELSE HAS ANY THING MORE DETAILED TO ADD PLEASE DO
i colored all in the same direction. make sure you let it dry before applying the next layer, i did 2 layers and thought it was perfect. also, personally i thought the color looked flat at first and wasnt too happy. for some reason, after the color was dry, i decided to rub my thumb on the paint for about 10 seconds and i swear the color looked so much better and became glossier like the real thing.

I painted my Varsity reds, didnt think i was going to spring for the pack, but i did, and let me tell you, NOT MUCH DIFFERENT from the painted job I did prior. the pack is nice though, no regrets, I'll let the blk infra chill until the varsity pair have had enough I guess, but the white infra are going to be worn like theyre supposed to be
pimp.gif

^painted varsity

^infrared vs varsity red
(bought varsity red in case I couldnt land the pack, selling to a friend at the discounted price I got em for 30% ftw)

Real infrared (top) vs Painted varsity (bottom) small shadow over top shoe, but the similarities are def there.

BTW the leather on the white varsity reds is as soft as everyone says, better than the leather on the white infrareds (both are fine though)

Hopes this helps anyone who was wondering about accuracy .

Originally Posted by champ305

I painted my Varsity reds, didnt think i was going to spring for the pack, but i did, and let me tell you, NOT MUCH DIFFERENT from the painted job I did prior. the pack is nice though, no regrets, I'll let the blk infra chill until the varsity
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

How funny that the original post is from Bigman652 using a COMPLETELY different marker..yet everyone on here using the Garden Craft marker that I originally posted back in April

somewhere lost in the Air Jordan Infrared pack post...Sorry I'll take my cookie now..but im just sayin...lol But yeaaaaa man the Garden Craft marker is water proof and i will not crack

or peel off. And to those haters out there hating...It's just that some of us dont like what JB brings at us so we take drastic measures and change it.. I for one hate the varsity reds 6

and wearing them felt like I was walking around with fakes... So we just correcting what JB has done basically...

Back
Top Bottom