How to deal with a girlfriend back home, while I'm away at College

Originally Posted by PJ and Bompton

Originally Posted by SINce1987

^^^ come on be realistic, breaking up will make you and her both more miserable, maybe once a month aint enough so see her more if you can. relationships are about sacrifice. what are you willing to do for your relationship?
naw. maybe you should be realistic. NEVER have i seen a long distance college relationship work. something always happens that #*%%% it up...
i was in one worked out good until she moved back home after about 4 months she broke up with me. i did it for a year and a half. id do it allover again if i had the chance to.

dont break up with her.. keep her on the side thanksgiving/xmas break is coming up... thats only if shes
pimp.gif
tho.. and smash other shortys in college

I've been talking to her, and I know if we do break up, we will both be misreable, especially her. She's about an hour away, and she's quitting oneof her jobs, so she should be coming up at least two weekends per month and im gonna come down at least once. Do you think we could make it work, if all thatgoes as planned?

When I was that age I'd probably just cheat on her...now I'd probably try and nicely break up with her but still try to hang out when I was home onbreaks...

Originally Posted by aastatic

I've been talking to her, and I know if we do break up, we will both be misreable, especially her. She's about an hour away, and she's quitting one of her jobs, so she should be coming up at least two weekends per month and im gonna come down at least once. Do you think we could make it work, if all that goes as planned?

how far are you from school? more than 2 hours that will get old quick...she's gonna wanna come up there and you're gonna wanna go out...that means youtwo will have only 1 weekend to yourselves...god forbid you don't wanna come on your visitation weekend
laugh.gif
she'll give you hell...

if you're gonna do it you're gonna need a looooooooooooooot of trust and patience...

i wish you the best of luck but odds really are against you two...

I think it all comes down to how much YOU want it to work out...if you care that much, make the effort to see her more often, but again, its up to you.

Oh yeah, pics?

Take it from a man that's been in that position before, if you care about her, break up w/ her. Nothin good will come of this seriously. If I could goback....
smh.gif

Clingy girlfriend huh? Unlucky.

The funny thing is, I'm considering this with a guy, except we're 4 hours away from each other and when he's not studying, he's up in the NorthIsland... And we've still got 2 more years of study to go. Smh sucks to be me.

Were 1 hour away.
1 hour away? are you kidding me. That isn't considered long distance to me at all, considering my girl lived 6 hours away
eyes.gif

man thts gonna be tough. if u love this chik, then ure going to have to make lots of sacrifices e.g. seeing her more, calling her often, establishing moretrust and loyalty, etc. It's up to you and her to decide if it's really worth all tht trouble.

Were 1 hour away.

You're lame for actin like thats hella far or somthin. Ya'll gon see each other every weekend anyway. She'll only be gettin ran through during thework week though. Consider yourself lucky

Break up with her before you go. Its best for both parties involved. I'm looking on the outside at a situation just like this. My dude is blowing the backout of a mutual friend who happens to be a first year student. She tells her boyfriend that she loves him and can't wait to come home but she's gettinghers on the side.

She'll only be gettin ran through during the work week though. Consider yourself lucky
roll.gif

One hour away and she's doing this already? Wow. Its going to be a long 4 years for you.

An hour to go see her isn't that bad, but if you don't feel like making the drive back, that can be a problem.

I'm in sort of the same situation, been with my girl for a little over a year, and I'm at school an 45mins-1 hour away.
I go home every weekend, gotta help my fam out anyways. I'm a simp though
frown.gif
so it's me feeling the brunt of this college thing.
Give it some time, you'll get used to it. Best believe we're in better situations than people who are hundreds of miles apart.

The vast majority of these relationships don't last. Some do. Depends on how hard both of you are willing to work to stay together.

Back
Top Bottom