HP Touchpad for $99/$149

To all the current Best Buy employees that are defending the business, then
indifferent.gif
is the only reaction I have. Don't get me wrong, you may be one of the select few employees that tries to help people out, but the majority just worry about themselves and their friends. And this is coming from someone that worked at best buy for almost a year a few years ago. When the Wii was selling like hotcakes, they would sell out within hours of new stock. When holiday time came around, so many employees wanted to buy Wii's for themselves or loved ones that they would tell the stock guys to put one on the side for them once the shipment came in. Might seem fine until u realize there are like 50 employees in the major stores so when there is a limited shipment of like 20 coming in and 15 people are asking to hold one, you're pretty much SOL.

Dude I know that works at Best Buy posted today as his Facebook status that he bought one. 2 people commented asking if they could get one and his only response was "sold out." Didn't mention next shipment (if any) if any other stores had them (which takes 20 seconds if he types the SKU into a Best Buy computer) These guys only care about hooking themselves up and can care less if anyone else gets what they want. Sorry for the rant but basically what I'm saying is don't get your hopes up with Best Buy unless you're lucky enough to catch an honest employee.

Although I'm sure they dont about my opinion, I lost a lot of respect for Bestbuy because of this fiasco. Not one customer service was knowledgeable or even attempted to be helpful. B&H did things the right way.

Originally Posted by shoefreak77

i was hyped! checked my FE tracking for my HP order, said delivered!
I get home...rip open the packaging....HP Recycled Printer Paper...%%#?!?!?!?!?
i had to order the paper to use the $30 off $150...but they only shipped the paper!
logged into my account, see that they shipped 2 orders...now i gotta wait till Sat for my TP
-sf77
jS3oG.jpg

Originally Posted by 650

2 orders from hp home finally shipped and tigerdirect order should be coming on saturday. done with this nonsense.. although it's somewhat entertaining keeping up with it all 
laugh.gif

when did u order and what shipping option?

Anticipated ship date
helpIcon.gif

Aug 25, 2011

Estimated delivery
helpIcon.gif

Aug 31, 2011

Destination

SAN FRANCISCO, CA

Finally.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by dyyhard

i had to order the paper to use the $30 off $150...but they only shipped the paper!
logged into my account, see that they shipped 2 orders...now i gotta wait till Sat for my TP
-sf77
jS3oG.jpg

Got my paper today aswell
roll.gif

Originally Posted by DeeeCeee

Originally Posted by DMan14

Originally Posted by sniper

Might actually be your connection. Are you sure your SSID (Network router name) is not hidden? I've had to set-up 3 of these so far and it identifies my network instantly. If your network shows up on other devices, try doing a full reset of the tablet...

i can get it to work with my laptop. my router is pretty old, it's a linksys wrt54gl
Simple fix. Log into your router (administrative login). Under the 'Wireless' tab, change the 'Network Mode' selection to 'BG Mixed'. Given the age of your router, you probably only have 'G Only' selected by default.

Hope this helps.

tried it, and still not coming up. kinda frustrating, i just gave, lol.finally got it to work
pimp.gif

Could be that your encryption. What type are you using?

P.S. Still on the hunt for a TP for my girlfriend!! Seems like every BB in town is sold out ...

Smh this stupid thing keeps freezing on the lock screen and it has to restart itself. I'm not impressed by WebOS at all. I really wish this thing had android.

Originally Posted by oediniDC

Originally Posted by dyyhard

-sf
 Got my paper today aswell
roll.gif
haha me three

Originally Posted by dtb00201

Smh this stupid thing keeps freezing on the lock screen and it has to restart itself. I'm not impressed by WebOS at all. I really wish this thing had android.
reboot? i havent had any freezing or any problems. its smooth as hell and its nice just lack of apps/games is what sucks.

Man what a day.

I call a bestbuy yesterday and they told me that they were no HPs and that they aren't receiving any at all.

So I checked the tracker today and saw that they actually did have some but when I called they told me that they were sold out. (shipment arrived last night)

So I call my boy who works at another one and was told they would received them tomorrow.

Well he calls back in an hour and tells me that they just got them!

So me and 5 other co-workers rush over and...

GOT THE LAST SIx!

I got the keyboard too and posting from it right now but man I am loving it right now, especially since I travel close to 2/3 out of theyear.

Smhhhh is anyone elses freezing at the lock screen? It has done this 5 times in the last 2 hours.

Nice to see people getting them in their hands. I finally got a chance to mess around with the Touchstone ($39.99) and Bluetooth keyboard ($34.99). Although the charging dock isn't a necessity, it is definitely something convenient and I have no regrets purchasing it considering the price. It is a bit "gimmicky", but inductive charging is something I'm really fascinated with. I guess I was anticipating a much larger stand, but it is sturdy and well-built. As for the Bluetooth keyboard, it is great if you like to type without finding and poking at each individual virtual key. (Again, not a necessity, but something useful.) This very post is being typed on the keyboard and I can say it would take a bit longer to type this on the tablet's virtual keyboard. One gripe that I've noticed so far has been a weird Caps Lock issue that sometimes remains in that mode even though it's pressed to get out. However, I think it is a problem with the webOS software itself as I paired this keyboard with my gf's iPad 2 and it worked seamlessly as they both share the same Bluetooth HID profile. It does have specific webOS keys so, of course, they were not of any use when paired to another device, but it's nice to know that it's not just bound to the TouchPad...
In regards to the WRT54G router, I dropped off the TouchPad I bought for my mother earlier this afternoon and it identified the network immediately...

att17c.jpg

congratulations to the peeps that got theirs. This morning started out good. Mini line started before 6am. Me and 2 of my peeps was 4th,5th,6th in line. Manager came out around 8 and said tickets will be handed out around 9:45. Line was probably 80-90 deep. Best news was they had 70-16g and 60-32g. Peeps in line was really cool. Got my self 2 more, so a total of 3. Could've gotten 4, but had to go to work. All 3 for the fam.... and still waiting on HP for MAYBE 3, if they don't cancel anything...

^Also forgot to mention that I didn't like that the USB cable on the Touchstone was not detachable like that of the normal charger. It would have been nice to have the option to use it solely as a stand if desired...

Typing on mine now. Only issue I have so far is that it wont update the software to 3.0. Whatever.

Help please....and anything else I can do out of the box?

Originally Posted by CampbellSoup

Typing on mine now. Only issue I have so far is that it wont update the software to 3.0. Whatever.

Help please....and anything else I can do out of the box?
Do a complete shutdown and try to update it again.

first thing everyone should do when they get their touchpad is update to 3.0.2 then install webOS quick install / preware. After that install these patches to make things snappier.
* Muffle System Logging * Remove Dropped Packet Logging * Unset CFQ IO Scheduler * Unthrottle Download Manager * Quiet powerd Messages * Faster Card Animations HYPER Version * Increase Touch Sensitivity And Smoothness 10 (this is the 10px version).
This and overclocking really speeds things up.

to the dudes who can't update to 3.0.2 you can do it manually with webOS doctor...

This thing lags at times.
Sometimes it sticks when trying to go from landscape to portrait and vice versa.
Sometimes It says there are too many cards when there are only like 2 or 3.

I honestly would not be pleased at the og price.

I need to figured out how to get snes roms on it.

Back
Top Bottom