HUARACHE LE RETRO 30th anniversary release this year???

Dont frequent here much, but used to own these back in the late 80s.
thinking of copping the black / white ver. Im usually a 10.5 in jordan 1s and 10 in AF1s, i should upsize in these ahd get sz 11, correct?

thinking of copping the black / white ver. Im usually a 10.5 in jordan 1s and 10 in AF1s, i should upsize in these ahd get sz 11, correct?
we re pretty much same size, i get an 11 in huaraches

You're around my size. I wear a 10 in Jordan 1's, pretty much all Jordans. AF1's run big so I go down half a size and rock a 9.5 in those. Huaraches though, I had to go up a whole size in a 11. They fit me perfectly lengthwise. I say go up a whole size.....Here's a pic for reference.

IMG_0582.jpg

Half sz or full sz then lol. I have a slim feet profile. Im thinking of copping those orca. sucker for black and white kicks

Half sz or full sz then lol. I have a slim feet profile. Im thinking of copping those orca. sucker for black and white kicks

Go .5 size up from your true size which should be an 11. Please don’t entertain any suggestions stating otherwise. There’s definitely no need to go up a full size. Just go up a half size and you’re good. The dude telling you to go up a full size (like he did) is talking reckless.

Last edited:
Go .5 size up from your true size which should be an 11. Please don’t entertain any suggestions stating otherwise. There’s definitely no need to go up a full size. Just go up a half size and your good. The dude telling you to go up a full size (like he did) is talking reckless.

I have both a full size (SG) and half size (stussy) up from my normal size. Both work fine, but the stussy's fit snug, while the SG's have slightly more room in the toes like I prefer. Both work just fine, if your going for a run or need a more snug fit then half a size works better. For casual wear, full size up has been money for me.

I have both a full size (SG) and half size (stussy) up from my normal size. Both work fine, but the stussy's fit snug, while the SG's have slightly more room in the toes like I prefer. Both work just fine, if your going for a run or need a more snug fit then half a size works better. For casual wear, full size up has been money for me.

Mine are definitely worn for casual use and .5 up actually fits perfect with no tightness or discomfort whatever. Personal preference I guess but .5 up is the more ideal fit for this shoe IMO.

Damn that tip about pulling the corners of the bootie to put them on is money, thanks everyone. That's the kind of insight I was looking for, glad to find it here.

For everyone that's rocking the escapes - how's the toebox holding up? I'm not really feeling how this material is creasing. Its solid, so I know its gonna crease, but I feel like the toebox is the cheapest part of the upper and the way its creasing makes it look and feel kinda papery. Not a big deal, I still love em. Maybe it will get better anyway, I don't know.
IMG_8955.JPG
IMG_8954.JPG
IMG_8953.JPG
Same here. Horrible quality per usual at least they’re comfy asf

Go .5 size up from your true size which should be an 11. Please don’t entertain any suggestions stating otherwise. There’s definitely no need to go up a full size. Just go up a half size and you’re good. The dude telling you to go up a full size (like he did) is talking reckless.

I'm talking reckless? Really? How do you figure that? Do you need me to show you proof that a size 12 fits me perfectly (thumbnails width of space) and my size 11 in 99% of all my Jordans (Jordan 1, 2, etc) and other shoes fit me perfect? It's the curved last of running shoes that have me go up an extra .5. I am one who doesn't like my toes pushing the end of the inside of my shoes. That isn't comfortable. Oh, and I'm not the only one who goes up a full size on Huaraches. Just an FYI, I've been buying Huaraches since 1991/1992.

I'm talking reckless? Really? How do you figure that? Do you need me to show you proof that a size 12 fits me perfectly (thumbnails width of space) and my size 11 in 99% of all my Jordans (Jordan 1, 2, etc) and other shoes fit me perfect? It's the curved last of running shoes that have me go up an extra .5. I am one who doesn't like my toes pushing the end of the inside of my shoes. That isn't comfortable. Oh, and I'm not the only one who goes up a full size on Huaraches. Just an FYI, I've been buying Huaraches since 1991/1992.

You real mad bro and I wasn’t even talking or referring to you. That man asked for sizing advise and another dude up there essentially suggested he go up a full size which is bad advise in general. Are there anomaly’s here and there? Sure, but for for most people .5 up is all that’s needed. Going up a whole size may have been necessary on 2012-2016 era huaraches but not these. In general for most people there’s absolutely no reason to go up a whole size in these but to each his own. Some people have even been able to get away with TTS in these which I don’t suggest either but that goes to show that going up a whole size definitely isn’t necessary to say the least.

Last edited:
You real mad bro and I wasn’t even talking or referring to you. That man asked for sizing advise and another dude up there essentially suggested he go up a full size which is bad advise in general. Are there anomaly’s here and there? Sure, but for for most people .5 up is all that’s needed. Going up a whole size may have been necessary on 2012-2016 era huaraches but not these. In general for most people there’s absolutely no reason to go up a whole size in these but to each his own. Some people have even been able to get away with TTS in these which I don’t suggest either but that goes to show that going up a whole size definitely isn’t necessary to say the least.
Agreed

I'm sorry, but you did say in the quote "the dude telling you to go up a full size (like he did) is talking reckless". I did say that on the previous page. If this was meant for someone else's then I apologize as I did say go a full size up in a post before your reply, when you mentioned "the dude" talk about it. My apologies if it was not meant for me.

Fit is totally subjective. Everyone's foot shape is different. Some love their feet almost squished in a shoe. Some like wiggle room. I'm in the latter as I can't have my toes not move or my feet will actually go numb (not fun). Again, my apologies to you if it wasn't meant for me. 🙏

Last edited:
I've been saying NT sizing is jacked for YEARS. Majority of the board on here seems to like snug shoes and then a solid amount of people swear whatever THEIR experience is, must apply to everyone :lol:

No matter how many times I suggest it.. dudes never simply list like 3 shoes that are similar and your sizing+foot type and let them compare.

I just don't understand how people don't know their shoe size. You're old enough, you been at this for a while lol

Peoples feet change all the time. In my college years I was an 11.5-12. Once I hit mid 30’s my foot went up a full size, it’s pretty common. Also, Nikes sizing is terrible, a great example of that is the fire red 4’s. The black cement 4 released 2 years ago and I comfortably wear a 13 in those yet the fire reds that dropped this year fit like a 12! When I put them side by side you clearly see they either messed up at the factory or used a completely different last

True, but to be fair, Nike's sizing is all over the place.

I'm a 10.5 in AF1's.
I'm an 11 in Jordans.
I'm an 11.5 in AM 90's/III's.

I get it. For me, I've also had the advantage of working in a retail store for years and tried on all types of shoes so I have an idea of what fits and how it fits. That being said if you're planning on buying a shoe, especially if you've never owned that shoe, as much as you can, try on a model in a store if possible so you have an idea. Nothing worse and more nonsensical than buying a shoe sight unseen.

I remember Nike released the Silver Bullet 97's in April of 2017/8 and LITERALLY dropped the Gold 97's the very next month and they didn't fit the same. :lol:

For myself, I’ve always had to go up a full size in huaraches. I’m a true size 12, and no matter if it’s an OG style huarache or a GR colorway if I only go up .5 size they’re too small. My 2021 SG’s are a 13 and my toes still are at the end. So IMO these are definitely subjective to how you want your shoes to fit but like myself I know several people who go up a full size also

Back
Top Bottom