I am buying my first pair of retros saturday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd just like some tips on "camping out"

I'm not sure if the IV's are going to burn out fast in my area, but I defintely want to get a pair for myself.

thanks in advance.

I'd just like some tips on "camping out"

I'm not sure if the IV's are going to burn out fast in my area, but I defintely want to get a pair for myself.

thanks in advance.
you should be camping out right now instead of asking for tips on camping out

Really depends on a lot of things. How bad your area is on releases, how much inventory your stores get, how many stores around you etc.

if you want the shoes then you have to be there before other people, obviously, but since you dont really want them you look at my answer as a "typical fourm troll response." if you dont like my answer, you will definitely not like all the others you will get in this stupid, useless thread you have created

yeah depends on your area and they shoe releasing, if its a midnight release just be there like around 9 so 3 hours before hand and you should be good unless its limited or 11s

i dont think u need to camp for these. my store got 40 pairs of these as opposed to only getting 18 pairs. its gonna sit like the military blue 4s. Now if u wanted the lebron 9s on sat.. then u might need to think about camping

Advice on what? Sit in line the day before or wake up early the morning of, depending on how releases are in your area.

I don't know how many pairs the store is getting. I don't even know if it's a high volume store.

I just really want these IV's.

how would I go about finding out how the stores do on the releases? I'm in the inland empire. and I was thinking about either going to the tyler mall or the moreno valley mall (wich I live less than 2 minutes away from)

if you want the shoes then you have to be there before other people, obviously, but since you dont really want them you look at my answer as a "typical fourm troll response." if you dont like my answer, you will definitely not like all the others you will get in this stupid, useless thread you have created
Hahahaha. It's funny because it's true.

But forealz, you need to do your research with the stores near you and call them. Some may give you the run around, but use your judgement. That's all I can advise. If your in Cali, best bet is online.............

Last edited:
Why do some of you have to treat the kid like he's an idiot for asking for help? Like some people said before, this release probably won't be that hectic at all. So just get to the mall a couple of hours before release and you should be okay. On bigger releases though, get there 8-9pm the night before, don't leave your spot for anything, try and get ithe line organized ahead of time to save yourself a hassle when the doors open, and bring a weapon (I live in NYC, so you can't be too sure lol).

lol don't you hate trolls, get a life .. if you don't like the thread then why comment and waste your time? First Timer, eh.. yea i'd def call to see when they'll be releasing and see if they will tell you how many pairs in the size you want and make your judgement from there. A lot of people want these but it shouldn't be too crazy. I wouldn't consider this a campout, if you're getting the XI's then prepare for a 2-3 day campout depending on your area.

With back to school shopping being done these IVs will definitely sell out.
oh yeah, definately forgot about that.. all the high schoolers will want these, but the parents of the high schoolers wont be in line at 12 at night or 4 in the morning to get them 
tongue.gif

Call the store your camping at, ask inventory cuz if a lot no need, ask how many people are calling for these to get an idea if they'd be hard to get, then bring a chair or what have you.

You shouldnt have a problem with these tho OP. Goodluck

thanks for the tips, I'll get on the phone tonight and ask them about their inventory. the local mall (moreno valley) only has a footlocker and I think a champs, I'm not too sure of the latter, but I will do some scouting tomorrow night, and back to school shopping is already done seeing is how school already started over here. I called yesterday and just asked if they were getting them and how hectic it would be. he was really vague and said they had a line for every jordan relase. so, that was a bit sketchy. I posted on facebook about it and my friends weren't as helpful. so I came to the to the only place I thought would be helpful and it has been, again thank you for all the tips.

I was also going to buy my son a pair the same day,but I am going to wait, seeing is how I was able to buy him a pair of the millitary blues last week, I doubut the children's sizes will go flying off the shelves.

it's thursday my dude. I didn't ask for a typical fourm troll response, but thanks for casting your lot.

i used to think the same thing dude
but now there are morons camping out for days sometimes hours at a time for a General Release
or for colorways that year's ago would never moved dont just have a line for a few hours

its over night

save your self the trouble and buy your shoes early from a local mom and pop store to avoid this b.s

Last edited:
I don't know of any mom and pop stores that would even get them aside from like mini mall joints and I can't even trust if they're legit.

anyways, I'm just going to get there a few hours early. since they're opening at seven. I'll more than likely be there around 4:00 a.m

I mean I only do live 2 minutes away from the mall...

I understand where you coming from and wishing you nothing but the best of luck. I really hope you get your Jordans. Im sorta in the same situation as you. This will be my first Air Jordan purchase in 10 years. Alot of good advice was given about calling ahead, clocking the situation and camping/line tips. Just keep a positive attitude and stay alert focused and on your toes. give the mall security office a call also and ask them what time can you specifically be on the property to wait so there is no surprises. I was #2 in line for the concords waiting for 9 hours until the mall cops called the police and tow trucks to disperse the crowd. I tried to stand my ground but when they started cuffing/frisking people and towing cars away I had to take a loss and leave. 

I don't know of any mom and pop stores that would even get them aside from like mini mall joints and I can't even trust if they're legit.

anyways, I'm just going to get there a few hours early. since they're opening at seven. I'll more than likely be there around 4:00 a.m

I mean I only do live 2 minutes away from the mall...

You should be good.

There will be a lot of sizes.

Where do you stay?

Just arrive at your local mall at 5am; any mall that has at least 2 or 3 stores with jordan brand accounts (footlocker Finishline, Champs, Foot action etc and you should be good.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom