I Don't Talk About Race With White People

Grab a cup of cocoa, tuck yourself into your chair with a blanket, and get real comfortable famb

I'm about to let you in on something, you seem to be completely missing

It is not that dudes don't want to discuss white supremacy or racism on NT.

That's not the case, race and racism as always been a hot topic on NT. Even before you were around, even when you go ghost, and it will still be that way even after you're gone; those topics will be discussed. Trust me when I say this famb, I have posted in enough race thread to know

Matter of fact, there are even many non black members of NT that have spoken at length about these issues.

It just that people, even a lot of black members on NT, just don't want to talk about racism and white supremacy, WITH YOU.

People stick there head in the sand not because of they don't want to hear the message, it's because they can't stand the messenger

Just saying.
Why is that though?

Why is the messenger more important than the message?

Where did I say the messenger is more important than the message famb?

I'm saying that message will be received regardless. We will still have debates about racism and race on NT if dude wasn't around.

So his argument that the reason folk don't like him because he post about white supremacy and racism is patently false.
"People stick there head in the sand not because of they don't want to hear the message, it's because they can't stand the messenger" - from this I gathered that people will intentionally not listen to good information just because of the person who is giving it.

The rest of what you said makes sense but this made me confused.
I'm saying people tune his information/article when they see his the OP. It is specific to him and his antics.

It is not a general statement about "people" everywhere.
Gotcha

Hold up @Colombia, if racism is gone outta Beligum

Make sense of this for me brah, is this really what's hot in the streets in Belgium:

https://www.rt.com/news/242201-belgium-politician-black-face/
mean.gif
roll.gif

-I wanna come outchea on day to watch the Tour of Flanders, maybe even next year for Cancellara's last go around, so need to know how welcoming folk gonna be
nerd.gif
Never said racism gone I said it seems in much better than in the US. As for the blackface I think he just doesn't know the history of the blackface. We have a holiday where we paint ourselves black
Zwarte Piet right? Somethinh to do with santas helper or whatever right?

Hold up Belgium Belgium , if racism against blacks is gone outta Beligum

Make sense of this for me brah, is this really what's hot in the streets in Belgium:

https://www.rt.com/news/242201-belgium-politician-black-face/ :smh: :rofl:

-I wanna come outchea on day to watch the Tour of Flanders, maybe even next year for Cancellara's last go around, so need to know how welcoming folk gonna be :nerd:
Based on the experiences of my friends you'll feel welcome. You can do whatever you want without harassment.

Last edited:
Yeah it's unique holiday. The concept is the same as santa but his "elves" are white people of all kinds. They climb down the chimney to plant the gift infront of the fireplace and that's what makes them black.
That's on that holiday people pain themselves black

So the racism has gone from overt to subtle like in a few other European countries.

aint nothing subtle about Euro Racism, lol just go to a soccer game
I'm talking about everyday stuff not drunken idiots at a sports game.
Racism is not dead in Belgium, Islamophobia is alive and well there.
Those are two different things since Islam, a religion, is not a race. Anybody can be a muslim.

Any prejudice and discrimination is based off the type of ppl that are thought of when Muslims are being discussed or mentioned.

Hold up Belgium Belgium , if racism against blacks is gone outta Beligum

-I wanna come outchea on day to watch the Tour of Flanders, maybe even next year for Cancellara's last go around, so need to know how welcoming folk gonna be :nerd:
Based on the experiences of my friends you'll feel welcome. You can do whatever you want without harassment.
Skewed view.

Not being harassed does not mean racism isn't present.

Last edited:
Talking about race with (deliberately ignorant) white people is exhausting. Absolutely nothing you say will be taken as enlightenment. It's like talking to a wall. Fact of the matter is, people don't like to hear the truth.

I got into it with this imbecilic female over the weekend. Who constantly denies white privilege because she's "broke" :lol: and tried to belittle the BLM movement by saying things like #whitelivesmattertoo. People like that are a lost cause. Very unintelligent people.

Talking about race with (deliberately ignorant) white people is exhausting. Absolutely nothing you say will be taken as enlightenment. It's like talking to a wall. Fact of the matter is, people don't like to hear the truth.

I got into it with this imbecilic female over the weekend. Who constantly denies white privilege because she's "broke" :lol: and tried to belittle the BLM movement by saying things like #whitelivesmattertoo. People like that are a lost cause. Very unintelligent people.

exactly true. One of those types of people posted a picture saying "white is the only race that's it's legal to discriminate against". Looks like people don't know what discrimination is cause last time I checked white people weren't being refused services because they're white, or being denied rights because they're white.

^ I seen the exact picture you're referring to. Haha one of the most ridiculous things I've seen in awhile. People like that want to be the victim so badly. It's sad

Hold up [@=/u/93394/Colombia]@Colombia[/@], if racism is gone outta Beligum

Never said racism gone I said it seems in much better than in the US. As for the blackface I think he just doesn't know the history of the blackface. We have a holiday where we paint ourselves black

Black Pete. I saw it on The Office and it made me look into it further :lol:

A4MhR0D.jpg

those people are the best to practice on. sharpen your skills for a person with more sense

those people are the best to practice on. sharpen your skills for a person with more sense

Lol anyhuman who buys into white supremacy lacks sense though. There is no logic with white supremacy, which is why you can see its essentially a religion.

Good point. I don't know why, but I feel so stupid after talking to them. Like I really just sat there and argued with a moron. Usually I just ignore them because they have their minds made up from the jump.

Hold up [@=/u/93394/Colombia]@Colombia[/@], if racism is gone outta Beligum

Black Pete. I saw it on The Office and it made me look into it further :lol:

A4MhR0D.jpg

Wait so this isn't racist? :lol:

^^ thanks for posting it I didn't know they were making a doc on it

That guy needs to rot in jail. Of course he's from FL

Wait so this isn't racist?
laugh.gif
It's not intended that way because they're not supposed to depict black people. I believe that originally the helpers were black people but it was deemed racially insensitive and the story was altered in order to still keep the classic holiday but not associate it with racism or slavery.

I'm 21 and I've been taught this version all my life, same as everyone else. I only learned recently that the helpers were black people in the original holiday when there was some backlash about it.

The story of this holiday is that you have to place an empty shoe infront of your fireplace with a gift (carrot, ...) for saint nicholas' horse.

Saint nicholas is similar to santa. His helpers are white people but they climb through your chimney to place their gifts in the empty shoe, that's why they're "black".

It's only recently that it started to get some backlash. I'm assuming it's because they do look a bit like stereotypical black people.

Blackface does not have the same connotations here as in the US. When the holiday started receiving backlash last year polls resulted in more than 90% of the population not viewing the holiday or its practices as racist.

Kids of all races absolutely love this holiday, it is as essential to Belgium and the Netherlands as Thanksgiving is in the US.

Last edited:
It's not intended that way because they're not supposed to depict black people. I believe that originally the helpers were black people but it was deemed racially insensitive and the story was altered in order to still keep the classic holiday but not associate it with racism or slavery.
I'm 21 and I've been taught this version all my life, same as everyone else. I only learned recently that the helpers were black people in the original holiday when there was some backlash about it.
The story of this holiday is that you have to place an empty shoe infront of your fireplace with a gift (carrot, ...) for saint nicholas' horse.
Saint nicholas is similar to santa. His helpers are white people but they climb through your chimney to place their gifts in the empty shoe, that's why they're "black".
It's only recently that it started to get some backlash. I'm assuming it's because they do look a bit like stereotypical black people.
Blackface does not have the same connotations here as in the US. When the holiday started receiving backlash last year polls resulted in more than 90% of the population not viewing the holiday or its practices as racist.
Kids of all races absolutely love this holiday, it is as essential to Belgium and the Netherlands as Thanksgiving is in the US.

Wait so the chimney soot makes their hair that texture too?

View media item 1219946

Just saying what I've been taught. I never really thought anything of it.

In elementary we didn't put wigs on, just the hat.

Throughout my entire life I haven't met one black person, or any person in general really, who doesn't partake in the holiday or thinks it's racist.

It is what it is, the holiday is meant for little kids and they love it.

Last edited:

Repped. I was almost buying the story until you mentioned the obvious lol. FOH typical white behavior. And that country is what percentage white? Of course the poll is going to look like that...

Back
Top Bottom