I just threw both of my guns away......... UPDATE

Not only did you up the strap and not use it, you up the stap on your kin. Yea, you did the right thing. I hope you now realize you're not that person.

Guns don't kill people, People Kill people...If you're not disciplined enough to know the appropriate times when use your firearm, then you shouldn't have one.

Maybe you did the right thing.

Originally Posted by KayCurrency

Guns don't kill people, People Kill people
It's now 2012, are we still trying to make that argument?
eyes.gif

ohdannyboy wrote:
DMoney82 wrote:
The cops got my guns but I'm glad they do. I haven't tried to get em back because when I had them I always ran into the type of trouble that made me wana pull em out. It's like trouble finds you when you strapped.

My dad always says this to me and it is so true.

yep...

i know alot of people who live that life and alot of dont, that carry burners. And they seem to always be in senseless altercations.

smh at anyone who thinks the only possible way to settle the score is to pick up a gun

[insert political and "logical" reasons here to say otherwise]

Do not disarm yourself because in every neighborhood in the world, there are badmen who prey on the weak and by being unarmed you are weak and if they will eventually learn of your weakness and when they do, they at best rob you and more likely commit a home invasion robbery and rape your wife and maybe your daughter as well and then they will torture you until you reveal where you hid your cash and other small but tangible assets and they are likely to further rob you by holding your wife and daughter as hostages as you clean out your own or your family's business and/or your bank account and life savings.

These guys are evil and they are likely either on Meth or some othet drug that makes people think that they are gods and entitled to rape and torture and steal on a massive scale and in a depraved manner and that takes away their conciousness. In the middle part of "Lily white Simi Valley, CA, the suburban town that conatin the Ronald Reagan Library and is ranked as one of the safest cities in the entire County" an inocent Mexican piasa was kidnapped by some cholos who thought that he stolen some of their stereo gear and the cholos took him into the semi sound proofed room of their own apartment, they craked up the music, they hald his hands down to a coffe table with duct tape and processed to mutilate his hands with an electric drill. They planned on blinding and casterating this poor man but luckily the police raided the house because of someone calling the cops and reported the kidnapping (the call was only helpful, though, because the cops had been building a drug case on the torturers) and they knew where the aparment is and did the raid a little early and freed the man.

There are good people, who for a couple of reasons: heavy meth use, being involved in a brutal war and a handful of other things that cause otherwise good men to do heinously bad things. My Uncle, know for his grenade usage during the Nicaraguan Civil war and now sometimes called Tio Pina because of his use of Pineapple shaped anti personnel grenades that were used during the Central American conflict in the 1980's. My Uncle did many things in that war, many of them cruesome butpart of the general rule of combat but he tortured a man once, a capture Sandanista officer. My Uncle was a Contra and this was dirty, dirty war so he did it and during the war he knew what he did was wrong but it did not effect him in th 1980's as it has in the past 20 years or so.

Returning home from the Jungles, back to civilian life in California, our beloved uncle still has nightmares, panic attacks and he attends mas several times per week and requests that our pastor assign him a good deal of penance as he confesses his sin every single Sunday. My Uncle is a good man, he was a good man before that horrible and pointless war and yet during the time that he tortured that screaming communist to his death, he never once considered stopping the torture. So remember that when you and your "increase the peace," "war is not the answer," idealistic, anti gun self finds yourself and your family in the power of and at the tender mercies of a methed out, sociopath, you will not be able to talk him out of it, no matter how many honors and advanced degrees that you got in peace and conflict resolution studies.

I cannot emphasize it enough, get guns, get a pistol for you and one for the wife and get a third pistol for redundancy. get a shotgun with close range scatter shot because when you are blurry eyed from suddenly waking up to a home alarm and/or the breaking of wooden doors and the clanking of deadbolts, you are not your best shot with the pistol. In your tired and still somewhat disoriented state, an elegant and accurate pistol might miss even at very close range and even with multiple shots fro ma deep clip. A scatter shot shot gun will clear the hall ways and clear a small room and has stopping power. If you can afford it and if you live in a more spread out community, get a rifle that has some decent range so you can take out a potential evil man from great distance. It is very important that you get bullets that use very soft lead because they will "mushroom" and stop the forward momentum of a home invader but if you live in an apartment or even in single family home, suburban tract housing development, the harder bullets go through multiple walls and could hit neighbors. Supplement your home defense kit with some non lethal tools and with close quarter melee weapons like long switch blades or bowie knives but no swords or baseball bats are they are too long for confined spaces. The asp baton is a good bet because it is telescoping, half the length of a bat, gives you reach if you have to fight the evil man CQC and want to have a blunt force weapon, the asp is wonderful.

Gear is important but the people using the gear matter the most. You need to use anger management or maybe even some psychiatry to address why you missed hard on your loved one. You and you loved one both south train in how to us your weapons, two competent adults compose much safer and more secure arithmetic than does one man having to guard his wife and his child when someone or people stages a home invasion. Fortify the window of the a baby's room and also install solid interior doors because they really prevent any easy kick in and abduction, rape, hostage taking or murder. Dogs, spiky plants, high and sturdy fences around the property lines, agreements with neighbors (if they are even remotely like minded) where you should train with guns and other home defense together, discuss escape routes and meets of reinforcing your neighbors' in the event of a home invasion being witnessed by neighbors and also you guys should all own two outdoor dogs if you guys live on medium to large lots (unless you own a 10 or more larger acre estate, a  large yard does not exempt you from the need to walk the dogs daily because a dog that has not been walked will bark at anything and will be a bad alarm dog) and barking alarm dogs on everyone's lots, along with motion activated security lights are good because criminals have almost no angle that has any modicum of stealth. Strength in numbers and force multipliers will further reduce crime.

I am sorry to scare you and then bore you a wonkish talk about guns and defense protocol but I feel that I just have to impart this hard truth that criminals responsd to disincentives and the sound of a double barrel shot gun being loaded, snarling German Sheppards, interior doors that are solid and stories of a would be torturer, murder and rapist dying an agonising death because of a bowie knife wound will deter crimes in a way that songs, celebrity ads and misguided but counter productive public displays of citizens disarmament all do not and cannot protect your and your family.

Please do not PM, if you have a personal or home security question ,i would like for the rest of the community to read any followup questions.

So there's a gun lying around somewhere near your area because of Samuel L. Jackson?

Spoiler [+]
211685_o.gif

that's good you did that. plus you have the family and so it's safe to be in a good place mentally and physically for yourself and them.

i'm actually buying one soon. here in this cowboy state arizona, you can buy and hold. it can be concealed as long as it's holstered and NOT chambered. this city prob has a negative outlook everywhere else (immigration, kidnapping, drugs across the border, etc) but it's not THAT bad. i'm just doing it for protection of myself and family if i ever need it. we live in laveen which is stull sorta rural. BUT, you have to pass thru maryvale and south PHX to get to us. sometimes those guys' shenanigans spills into our community.

laugh.gif
 yea for real what difference does it make where the dude lives..

OP you did a good thing

Rexanglorum wrote:'
My Uncle, know for his grenade usage during the Nicaraguan Civil war and now sometimes called Tio Pina because of his use of Pineapple shaped anti personnel grenades

I'm sorry but this made me
laugh.gif

/\/\ right hahah...

but srsly Rex, your not weak because you dont own a gun... you are weak because you live your life in fear

i feel sry for you 

Originally Posted by Brolic Scholar

Heather B approves.

All_Glocks_Down.jpg
eek.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Gun ownership is a huge responsibility and I mean huge.  You have to leave all of your pride on the back burner
every time you have it in your possession.  This means willing to be "punked out" and look like the "coward" and
walk away when you are confronted by some idiot doing everything they can to get you to shoot them.

I'm gald that you realized that you couldn't handle this yet OP.  You did the right thing.

Back
Top Bottom