I made my first “movie” and now I’m broke

So a few months ago a friend of mine heard about the project and said that he wants to fund the whole 10k budget and that he’ll send it to me in a few weeks. I didn’t want to wait on him because festival deadlines were coming up and I wanted to get started. So I used my savings to pay people 25% upfront...pay for props, food etc, we finish filming and the two weeks come up and of course, the “friend” disappears on me and flakes... on the bright side, I was pushed to make a film and I’m very happy with what we made, but I’m also broke and working to pay everyone for their time and effort... if anyone here has any connections to film festivals or anyone in the industry, please help me get eyes on this super personal labor of love. If not, you can support by following us at /dadthefilm at all social media sites and dadthefilm.com Thank you!

(I’ve been working hard at this for more than 11 years and I really hope that one day it all works out)

Is there a way for you to allow people to watch if they paid you? That may be a way to make a couple dollars back. It looks interesting/well shot based off of the trailer.

Congrats and good luck papi. I recommend finding venues to showcase the film and getting your name out there in the industry. I would also create a gofundme so that fund pushing the film since your broke.

Based off the trailer, homie gotta cancel ol girl :lol:. I'd def put it on YouTube and other platforms and charge money to watch it, encourage your friends and family to watch and build a grassroots buzz. While you're doing that, look into festivals and local events.

Damn. Should’ve had your friend sign a contract or put up a lot of money at the start.

Congrats and good luck papi. I recommend finding venues to showcase the film and getting your name out there in the industry. I would also create a gofundme so that fund pushing the film since your broke.

Thank you! I did make a gofundme but didn’t want to post it here at first and make it seem like I’m begging lol but if anyone is inclined to help a fellow nt’er out https://www.gofundme.com/dad-short-film

All funds don’t go back into my pocket but to afford festival submissions that can almost be $80 each

D0CE09AA-43DE-454E-8638-7BA690A15B9A.gif

Back
Top Bottom