I truely hate accounting...vol. HOW THE HELL??

How the hell did i get a 78 on an OPEN BOOK TEST,

I thought i was doing my thing on that test, i go and check blackboard (for those of you that kno *%* that is i just found out today) and check my score and IMPRETTY sure i got a 78 but idk how to work with this blackboard thing...

But damn on an open book test? and it was open book test since it was the first test...

imagine the other test
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by chris steez

I thought i was doing my thing on that test, i go and check blackboard (for those of you that kno *%* that is i just found out today) and check my score and IM PRETTY sure i got a 78 but idk how to work with this blackboard thing...

But damn on an open book test? and it was open book test since it was the first test...

imagine the other test
ohwell.gif
what college you go to? and whats your accounting class?

Accounting isn't a subject you can expect to ace without studying. Just because you have open books and notes doesnt guaranteed you a good grade. Work andstudy hard and you'll pull it off.

^^^ not true i passed with a A and a A+ in my accounting classes without opening the book. i did do the homework that was required by the professor though butit was all done online and theres this check work thing that basically gives you all the answers,so that was a waste of time.

Originally Posted by andycrazn

I thought i was doing my thing on that test, i go and check blackboard (for those of you that kno *%* that is i just found out today) and check my score and IM PRETTY sure i got a 78 but idk how to work with this blackboard thing...

imagine the other test
ohwell.gif
community college acc-110
grin.gif

DONT JUDGE ME!!!

imagine the other test
ohwell.gif
grin.gif

DONT JUDGE ME!!!

CC' is a good start
smile.gif

you will not be judged
But i suggest opening the book,
at your own time.

hahahaha im in the same boat. are you sure we're not in the same class? daaamn.

where you from?

Originally Posted by socluis90

Aced my accounting class. Debits credits ftmfl
credit is left and debts is right... in this hemisphere.

took me _ tries to pass acct.
smh.gif

foreign language at first.

passing this class isnt going to be a problem but im trying to achieve an A to boost my gpa to a 4.0, i took my 1st two college classes this past summer andgot B, B+ in em so my GPA right now is like a 3.something, but 78 on an open book? im kinda shook...

imagine the other test
ohwell.gif
grin.gif

DONT JUDGE ME!!!
i go to kingsborough cc. theres nothign wrong with cc's at all.

pretty much every open book test i had in college was a trap, its just a reason for the prof to make it EXTRA hard (nh)

if they give the class the option, then u know its a trap

passing this class isnt going to be a problem but im trying to achieve an A to boost my gpa to a 4.0, i took my 1st two college classes this past summer and got B, B+ in em so my GPA right now is like a 3.something, but 78 on an open book? im kinda shook...

Stop worrying so much fam, you'll be fine.

^^^ not true i passed with a A and a A+ in my accounting classes without opening the book. i did do the homework that was required by the professor though but it was all done online and theres this check work thing that basically gives you all the answers,so that was a waste of time.
It really depends on the person. Obviously this man needs to study like most people to get an A.

I got my first exam on tuesday. I'm about to study up, basically the intro from what I grasp is Assets=Liabilities+Owners Equity. Debits right side,Credits left side. Journal Entries, T accounts, ledgers, and accruals and deferrals.

Originally Posted by shaolin

Originally Posted by socluis90

Aced my accounting class. Debits credits ftmfl
credit is left and debts is right... in this hemisphere.

took me _ tries to pass acct.
smh.gif

foreign language at first.
wrong, debits left, credits right.. just passed my test today, same openbook 95/100
pimp.gif

wooo Blackboard FTW!!!! we mess with that here too.

but yea, i was an accounting major before...it's not really something i could see myself doing for a long period of time and enjoying myself.

Originally Posted by RUTHE1

I got my first exam on tuesday. I'm about to study up, basically the intro from what I grasp is Assets=Liabilities+Owners Equity. Debits right side, Credits left side. Journal Entries, T accounts, ledgers, and accruals and deferrals.
this is EXACTLY what the test was on...and i was killing every question, walked out thinking i got atleast a 90

Assets-Libalities=Equity Now that like no other. Balancing enteries. Debits and Credits always have to balance doesn't neccesarily have to be 1 and 1.Remember your accounts. Journal enteries you just got to know what increases or decreases. Assets get increased with a debit. Decreased with a credit.Libalities get increased with a credit and decreased with a debit. Holla at me if you need any help during the semester. Hopefully I'm alive cause thisadvanced accounting corporate taxation and taxation research courses are already kicking my +$%

Originally Posted by JCASH DA KID

Assets-Libalities=Equity Now that like no other. Balancing enteries. Debits and Credits always have to balance doesn't neccesarily have to be 1 and 1. Remember your accounts. Journal enteries you just got to know what increases or decreases. Assets get increased with a debit. Decreased with a credit. Libalities get increased with a credit and decreased with a debit. Holla at me if you need any help during the semester. Hopefully I'm alive cause this advanced accounting corporate taxation and taxation research courses are already kicking my +$%
pimp.gif
definitely appreciated fam

I got my first exam on tuesday. I'm about to study up, basically the intro from what I grasp is Assets=Liabilities+Owners Equity. Debits right side, Credits left side. Journal Entries, T accounts, ledgers, and accruals and deferrals.
this is EXACTLY what the test was on...and i was killing every question, walked out thinking i got atleast a 90
WHAT?! my proff is saying that DEBIT on the LEFT side... and CREDIT on the RIGHT side.. doesn't make that much of a difference does it tho?

and OP, which community college are you at? cuz i'm at one too haha. same exact boat as you.

what about accounts payable and accounts receivables?

you actually did good on your first exam. the chapter on debits and credits usually confuses people and after the first exam alot of people were lost in myclass.

Originally Posted by mjbetch

WHAT?! my proff is saying that DEBIT on the LEFT side... and CREDIT on the RIGHT side.. doesn't make that much of a difference does it tho?

and OP, which community college are you at? cuz i'm at one too haha. same exact boat as you.
yea debit is left and credit is right (and yea it does make a difference)...that i know for sure, and i go to bergen community college here in NJ

Originally Posted by mjbetch

your professor is right i think he just had it mixed up.

good luck to all when you guys learn about taxes.

Back
Top Bottom