I WANT TO ENCOURAGE A MORE CONSTRUCTIVE DISCUSSION OVER RACE RELATIONS ON NT

That's the thing though. That inside info is largely irrelevant to society.

They see black skin, you're black. They see white skin, you're white. The variations are few in far between when it comes to society telling you what you are and that is sometimes left for Asians, Middle Eastern, and Hispanics but that's for those who clearly look it.

When you out in the streets with ya wife, strangers probably think you with a black woman b. You can't tell everybody her background :lol:
That's the thing though they can.

I see a lot of silly deflections or tangents being brought up like Charlize Theron being African American. Yeah she is but that's just blurring labels with political correctness.

As long as ppl want this short hand of labeling and identifying ppl, ya wife black and her sister white. I think you're forgetting race is a social construct. In it's simplest terms it's based off of your complexion (it's why some black ppl have been able to pass for white in rare cases).

Blame white ppl and the white supremacist movement for the way things are.

But a dark skinned Latino ya allllll know is LATINO, is telling ya he identifies as LATINO and you guys knowing this, want him to identify as BLACK...

Let ninja rock with his Latino pride man....lol
I aint never said I want ninja to identify as Latino.

I think some ppl are pointing out that's a reply that doesn't address the question.

It's like when ppl ask if you believe in GOD and you answer agnostic. The answer completely ignores the question.

Ninja could want to identify as a pine tree for all I care but as a collective black ppl are saying when seen out in the streets the description of him is gonna lean towards him being a black man. Not specifically Latino.

It's simple awareness. I know Ninja isn't dumb to pretend that's not the case or you for that matter.

If Spanish is your household tongue you are Latino, I don't care what race the color of your skin represents.

Now we going in circles.

I think some ppl are pointing out that's a reply that doesn't address the question.

It's like when ppl ask if you believe in GOD and you answer agnostic. The answer completely ignores the question.

Ninja could want to identify as a pine tree for all I care but as a collective black ppl are saying when seen out in the streets the description of him is gonna lean towards him being a black man. Not specifically Latino.

It's simple awareness. I know Ninja isn't dumb to pretend that's not the case or you for that matter.

Well yeah, who's gonna deny that, the man is dark skinned...lol although speaking for myself and maybe because I'm Hispanic I can tell from lookin at him even if I didn't know him, he's Hispanic....definitely after he opens his mouth....don't ask me how :lol:

But if police are putting a description out for his arrest he would probably be described as a black male simply because it's easier to visualize, than saying a Latino male......that can literally mean every and any man...lol

Last edited:

to me they are.

:kanyeshrug:

But if a spanior wants to identify as white then by all means...

Wait, so people are taking issue with light skin Latinos identifying as white, but insist that dark skin Latinos identify themselves as black? Where they do that at?

Last edited:
That's not how stuff works. 

Cmon man....we really gonna sit here and nitpick....in America you walk into any household where Spanish is the spoken language, the chances are extremely hi they will be LATINO....

Ya really like to reach in order to poke holes in an argument....dude bringing up Spaniords....crazy thing Spaniords get brought up often when non-Hispanic dudes try to tell Latinos how to identify themselves :smh:

These the same dudes that get bent out of shape when I make the mistake of trying to tell a black person how they should feel or act towards racial injustice...the ****** irony, b.

They really don't need to identify as either.

The cops will do that if they ever fit the description of 2 female suspects; one white, one black.
Wow, I'm actually agreeing with Master Zik! 
eek.gif

That's the whole direction of this thread, 

Man, I have been looking for this .gif for like 4 years. Where did you find it
The stash 
laugh.gif

Yes to cops he's black, to strangers he's black...you can't go based off misinformed labels...I've been confused for middle eastern more than I can count....I'm not gonna label myself middle eastern because society groups me as one based off my features and appearance, I'm *****in Latino and every chance I get I speak my language to make sure no one confuses me for anything else.
Now if you and Ninja just called yourselves AMERICANS, you wouldn't have any of that confusion. And if you spoke ENGLISH, in an ENGLISH speaking country, no one would need to ask or wonder "what are you". Because we'd all be AMERICANS and we can do away with "racial" divides.

... "Spanish pride" strikes again. It's so confusing, why not be "great" and "wonderful" in the country you claim, although you here benefiting from being an AMERICAN?

I think folks are trying to say that RACE is determined by the eye test.
Basically...which is why it's stupid, however over time it's evolved into something else.

That's not how stuff works. 
laugh.gif

race is based on physical appearance/traits, so it would have to be determined by the eye test.
Basically.

I'm not American fam...both parents Colombian I was born IN Colombia....I'm a naturalized citizen of the states...I can be proud of that and not claim "American" because I'm not that....goes back to the wife and her sister, her sister being the only one in her family born here...so she's American but her siblings are not...how sway..

Well yeah, who's gonna deny that, the man is dark skinned...lol although speaking for myself and maybe because I'm Hispanic I can tell from lookin at him even if I didn't know him, he's Hispanic....definitely after he opens his mouth....don't ask me how :lol:

But if police are putting a description out for his arrest he would probably be described as a black male simply because it's easier to visualize, than saying a Latino male......that can literally mean every and any man...lol
Listen common sense would say it's arbitrary but this skin color arbitrary **** is taken seriously.

I mean hell not all black ppl are even technically black.

Now if Hispanics want to identify with something else like their ethnicity that's all well and good but race in America obviously trumps all of that.

Latin pride....not a single Latino will tell ninja to his face that he's NOT Latino....is not that hard for us to accept what he wants to identify as....it seems hard for non-Hispanics to accept tho.

I'm not American fam...both parents Colombian I was born IN Colombia....I'm a naturalized citizen of the states...I can be proud of that and not claim "American" because I'm not that....goes back to the wife and her sister, her sister being the only one in her family born here...so she's American but her siblings are not...how sway..

My Grandmother on my dad's side was from Bogota , KSteezy we could be family

Wait, so people are taking issue with light skin Latinos identifying as white, but insist that dark skin Latinos identify themselves as black? Where they do that at?

..its them imposing their views on us, both blacks & white elites are trying (but ultimately failed) at dividng da latino/hispanics by color and drafting them into their #'s after assimilating them. alot of it comes off as resentful and spiteful tbh. meanwhile our needs have already been addressed when 2020 rolls around so da topic at this point is moot.

That's the thing though. That inside info is largely irrelevant to society.They see black skin, you're black. They see white skin, you're white.

Latinos/Hispanics dont subscribe to this brand of racial identity which is just a brand of ethnocentrism which imposes assimilation. Its da 1 drop rule that American-centric.

I work in therapy field I hear all type of stuff. Majority are older white females/males. Quotes: You should've been an athlete. You're very articulate for a black male. Some days I really wanna say something crazy but I gotta remain chill. I worked my *** for my Masters. I feel like their insulting my intelligence. On a daily basis hearing racist stuff..pray for me

I work in therapy field I hear all type of stuff. Majority are older white females/males. Quotes: You should've been an athlete. You're very articulate for a black male. Some days I really wanna say something crazy but I gotta remain chill. I worked my *** for my Masters. I feel like their insulting my intelligence. On a daily basis hearing racist stuff..pray for me

That's *****in terrible bro, sorry you have to endure that.

Back
Top Bottom