Im 19 and about to have my own apartment.. FML

Originally Posted by IMPORTKING

i love astoria and for 800 stay there, if you move let me know...ill take your apartment

Yeah its too expensive now though if you havnt been here for a while. The same exact apartment as mine is going for $1800 in mybuilding.

Originally Posted by gORJESS

( My uncle was diagnosed with ALS , bka Lou Gehrig's disease and has less than a year to live )
OMG... not another one...
smh.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
..you have NO idea how much that saddens me.

If youre parents are willing to pay for the first couple of payments anyways, why dont you try it out? If after a month or so you REALLY feel like it wontwork, then you can decide on moving to Colorado. Living on your own depends on the kind of person you are.. Im 18 and I would LOVE to have the opportunity, butyou seem to be the opposite. You most likely are being too pessimistic about the idea of living on your own. Best way to handle it would be to try it for abit.

Originally Posted by CB94

( My uncle was diagnosed with ALS , bka Lou Gehrig's disease and has less than a year to live )
smh.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
Yeah.. its a messed up illness. I think its one of the worst.

Originally Posted by CB94

smh.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
Yeah.. its a messed up illness. I think its one of the worst.

Already.. I lost my mom to it in 07. I'll be praying for you and yours. If you need to talk about ANYTHING, pm me @ Dearwinter219.

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

Originally Posted by J Dilla Himself

Look at dirty dictating the OP's life and telling her what to do and not to do..do you know how the relationship between her and her bf is like? Who are you to determine anything. Dirty playing god with a meager resume. I personally think the op is being introduced to new responsibilities and is worried about the sudden change
right......b/c your reply is quite insightful and useful for the OP.
OP got a funny avy, though. You look 6 in that picture
and if my "resume" is meager... that must mean yours is non-existent...

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

cant offer any info and advice for you. i couldnt imagine being by myself either with my current situation
laugh.gif

all i can say is - good luck

OP, if you dont wanna live alone, find a roomate or go to colorado. point blank. stop being paranoid
smh.gif

Damn 800?! I'd be willing to pay half
happy.gif

Just tell your parents how you feel and hopefully they will understand.

A 2 BR for $800 in Astoria you shouldn't leave behind.

Just my 2 cents.

Most people live alone at some point, it's not as bad as you think it may be.

Havent read the topic, but its only for a year your rents are moving? A year is both a long time, and short. Keep yourself busy and time should fly by quick.

Man think of the %#$+ you can do now...

In house %+## for you... wake up to %+##... go to sleep with %+##... come come to %+##... sweety you got it made.

$800 on a two bedroom is unheard of in NYC now though.

I say try it out and if it doesn't work out then leave to Denver if you want to.

I don't think that you should go anywhere... even if things don't work out for you and your boyfriend.

What about a close girlfriend to be your roommate?

In perspective, this isn't a major problem.

Live isn't meant to be comfortable all the time... Then none of us would grow.

Go for the apartment and if you don't like it, then what's the worst that can happen? Nothing.

Why not look at it with positivity? What if you take it and love it?

You should stay back in NYC.

You might not enjoy living alone, but as other people have said you can always invite people over or go to a friends place. Hell in NYC there is alwayssomething to do, so you shouldn't have to feel burdened by living alone. You could always go to Central Park or another part of the city to chill out.

Plus an $800 apartment in NYC is unheard of. If you're going to be living there in 6 months for school anyways, than you should definitely stay back. Thiswill be an awesome opportunity for you to grow as a person. You should also try and find a roommate to move in with you so you can make some $$$ on the side.

Originally Posted by SunDOOBIE

Originally Posted by Carver

Your boyfriend of 3 years should move in..

Exactly... He's basically going to be living there anyways so you won't be alone.

He goes to school & lives in Jersey now so he believes it will be too much of a commute.

I think it's kind of funny how in other threads most of you would be saying RIP if her boyfriend was moving in with her, yet in this case it'sappropriate for him to move in? Sup with that?
And OP don't have your bf move in out of necessity, that's just asking for problems. Don't you have a best friend willing to move in?

Originally Posted by milbert

I think it's kind of funny how in other threads most of you would be saying RIP if her boyfriend was moving in with her, yet in this case it's appropriate for him to move in? Sup with that?
And OP don't have your bf move in out of necessity, that's just asking for problems. Don't you have a best friend willing to move in?
To be honest, I have only two friends that i fully trust & think are responsible enough to move out. With that beingsaid, one of them just had a shot gun wedding - so that counts her out & the other said she would move in if her boyfriend would be able to live with us. Iget along with him great but I am not sure how i feel about it yet. I would not have the same level of comfort I would if it were just her and I.

Back
Top Bottom