Im tired of this extra weight vol. weight loss

Originally Posted by Zyzz

diet, thats it.

very clean diet= healthy weight loss and results.

This. 90% of whether or not you see your abs is diet, 9% cardio, 1% ab training. I read this online, but I believe it. Don't eat too soon before bed either, thats a huge weight-gainer. 

whats the point of having a Stay in Shape thread if people are just gonna make these novice fitness threads all summer?

ñi get it man you're probably very corpulent and gross to look at right now, but go through the stay in shape thread.

.....people always say eat healthier. cut out the soda, snacks, and drink only water. but what if you never have eaten or drank those things? what if you already do drink only water? what then?

Originally Posted by Trelvis Tha Thrilla

Look up intermittent fasting then thank me.

Its all about your diet. I lost like 40 lbs just off diet alone, I wasnt working out or anything. Ive gone from 230 to 162 using Intermittent Fasting. Ive started to work out more recently.

Doing intermittent fasting as we speak. I've lost 30 lbs in the last 2 and a half months from eating clean foods and jumping rope. I can't even explain how much better your body feels when you cut the junk food out. Op if you want me to show you exactly what I did and ate, pm me and I'll send you some YouTube vids that helped me a lot.

Originally Posted by Nowitzness41

Originally Posted by seasoned vet

.....people always say eat healthier. cut out the soda, snacks, and drink only water. but what if you never have eaten or drank those things? what if you already do drink only water? what then?
Well.... thats the most common problem/fix to the situation (of course exercise too). Some people are just meant to be big though (glandular problem or whatever), but you still wanna be a healthy big person

..oh no, im not knocking the advice. im asking.....what then?

....so.....what then?
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by dtb00201

Its all about your diet. I lost like 40 lbs just off diet alone, I wasnt working out or anything. Ive gone from 230 to 162 using Intermittent Fasting. Ive started to work out more recently.

Doing intermittent fasting as we speak. I've lost 30 lbs in the last 2 and a half months from eating clean foods and jumping rope. I can't even explain how much better your body feels when you cut the junk food out. Op if you want me to show you exactly what I did and ate, pm me and I'll send you some YouTube vids that helped me a lot.
I just love the fact that I dont have to worry about what imma eat 3 or 4 different times a day. Just eat once a day and Im good to go. Once you learn to fight through the hunger, everything is all good. I eat somewhere around 3:30-5:30 in the afternoon everyday and it has worked well for me.

i bought a squat rack and started doing Stronglifts 5x5 and i do cardio 3 tiems a week, run 3 times a week. hitt on weekends. im 5'10 @ 215-220 right now. eating healthy, everyday celery/kale shakes, have a good sleep rhythem going...

i feel the energy these nutrients are giving me. ill be good in bout 6 months

I've been looking this up for the last few minutes and I'm a little confused as to how it works. You fast for a set amount of hours and eat in a small time frame(usually 8 hour time frame) but majority of the fasting is down in your sleep? But aren't most people fasting the same amount in their sleep also but they just don't set a time to stop eatting at night? 

I had a friend that was 240lbs at 6ft, he got sick of it so he ran 5 miles every morning and lifted 2x a day. He went vegetarian for the whole year and dropped 80lbs. inb4 cool story, bro

Thanks for all the tips guys...ima start running in the gym and eating better and definetly cut the soda out...i got a bike at home ill take that for a few rides a week also and hope for the best

dont laugh but ima buy a shakewight, blake griffin be usin em and he got swole no romo

I just love the fact that I dont have to worry about what imma eat 3 or 4 different times a day. Just eat once a day and Im good to go. Once you learn to fight through the hunger, everything is all good. I eat somewhere around 3:30-5:30 in the afternoon everyday and it has worked well for me.
I give myself a 6 hour window to eat. However, I just recently started so I'm still testing to see what I feel works best for me. I lost most of my weight doing the 4-5 meals a day thing. I still believe that this works, but I've read a lot of good things about intermittent fasting and decided to try it.

Originally Posted by Gex The Damaja

I've been looking this up for the last few minutes and I'm a little confused as to how it works. You fast for a set amount of hours and eat in a small time frame(usually 8 hour time frame) but majority of the fasting is down in your sleep? But aren't most people fasting the same amount in their sleep also but they just don't set a time to stop eatting at night? 
From my understanding the times when you aren't eating your body is producing growth hormone and burning the most fat. The idea is to keep this process going on longer to burn more fat. There are a bunch of different time frames people use. Some people eat during 8 hours, some 6, some 2, and some even just do a 24-36 hour fast once a week. It's all about what works for you and your lifestyle. I'm currently trying a 6 hour window, but I haven't been trying it long enough to see any real results.

Originally Posted by Gex The Damaja

From my understanding the times when you aren't eating your body is producing growth hormone and burning the most fat. The idea is to keep this process going on longer to burn more fat. There are a bunch of different time frames people use. Some people eat during 8 hours, some 6, some 2, and some even just do a 24-36 hour fast once a week. It's all about what works for you and your lifestyle. I'm currently trying a 6 hour window, but I haven't been trying it long enough to see any real results.
This.

You basically just alternate a fasting period with a feeding window. How long each will be varies depending on which type of IF programming you select. I basically fast for 20 hours a day and eat during the other four. I will eat some chicken and pasta or steak or something. Maybe snack on some fruit or whatnot. Also, I feel like its easier to manage calories. On cheat days I will eat a big hamburger or whatever, but that is all I will eat for the day.

Some people will just not eat for one day out of the week and that will help them manage their calories instead of doing IF everyday.

Read these two articles

http://www.askmen.com/spo...ntermittent-fasting.html

http://artofmanliness.com...25/intermittent-fasting/

http://www.leangains.com/

Co-sign on some of the advice already said,

"Cut out soda, unnecessary fatty foods (not trans fat foods, those are alright) and alcohol (if you drink a lot)."

Next, you need to have a steady diet (and eating schedule) 2-3 meals a day would be justified.
1) Semi Hearty Breakfast or Brunch (Oatmeal, some fruit and maybe a tuna melt or Chicken Salad).
2) A few snacks mid-day  (1-2 light snacks, granola, fruit and etc.)
3) A light dinner (maybe a salmon filet or tofu with a half cup of brown rice).

All to be accompanied with natural fruit/veggie juices or water (to keep it simple).
Try to sleep as much as 8 hours per night.
Burn more calories, than what you eat (try p90x, insanity or some form of heavy cardio and weight training).

Then you should be good. Feel free to modify, to what's comfortable for you. Make some sacrifices here and there and adjust accordingly.

Lost 25-30 lbs already, but my exercise and diet regiment is a bit more modified for my taste.

dieting based on your blood type may be beneficial to you as well.

Back
Top Bottom