in hindsight should dom kennedy have signed with MMG

still havent listened to him...isnt he a NTer? any song yall would recommend?
Honestly, just go on LiveMixtapes and Search "Dom Kennedy" . . . if you're a new fan I'd recommend "Yellow Album" but all his joints are bangers

Some personal favorites

^^^ Wish DJ Mustard (Rack City, and every other beat that sounds like that) would make more beats like When I come around instead of doing that same 3-4 note bassline gimmick over and over again

MMG made wale & meek superstars..nipsey & Dom

Shouldn't of fronted & signed on da dotted line.

this

I just hope that if Dom ever does "blow up", he has a good team behind him and his music stays within the same lane.

The ONLY OPM ppl i mess with is Polyester the Saint and Dom :smokin

Last edited:
Dom is sitting nicely. With no major label on him he sees more of his money and is his able to continue his creativity in music. He has a pretty large fan base... This ain't the same "who Rollin wit me" dom.

I like his progression can't wait to hear new music

Dom is sitting nicely. With no major label on him he sees more of his money and is his able to continue his creativity in music. He has a pretty large fan base... This ain't the same "who Rollin wit me" dom.

I like his progression can't wait to hear new music
you think so? ma

after listening to a few songs by Nipsey, how long can you brag about being unsigned in your songs?

Nipsey should've signed to MMG over Dom

Nip burned a lot of bridges in LA

Dissed dre
Had a huge fall out with Big U

Wouldn't be surprised if he was blackballed in Cali

Dom & Nipsey would have both benefited off of signing with MMG. Neither would fit well at all over trap beats, but if Ross got them on those J.U.S.T.I.C.E. League beats they would be a perfect fit. Ross got Wale, Meek, Stalley, & even Rockie Fresh's names out there... Dom & Nipsey would have brought in a much larger fan base with a move to MMG, imo. Leave the trap beats to Ross, Wale, & Meek (even though I like Ross & Wale over smooth production too), but Dom & Nipsey would have took the ball & ran with it over some of those smooth beats MMG gets.

you think so? ma

Yeah. Dom wouldn't have the success he would have if on mmg. I think wale has exchanged his creativity for more fame and money on mmg but that's him. I don't want the same to happen to Dom. I don't want him to get lost in the shuffle...Rapping the same crap as everyone else. Dom not no gangsta rapper and he know that. He know his lane and stays true to it.

Yeah. Dom wouldn't have the success he would have if on mmg. I think wale has exchanged his creativity for more fame and money on mmg but that's him. I don't want the same to happen to Dom. I don't want him to get lost in the shuffle...Rapping the same crap as everyone else. Dom not no gangsta rapper and he know that. He know his lane and stays true to it.

What success does Dom have, though?

He's not a bigger name than anyone on MMG

Not even rockie fresh.

Ross knows what he's doing

Everyone that got down with MMG has been successful.

Well, except pill :lol:

What success does he have?
What success does Dom have, though?

He's not a bigger name than anyone on MMG

Not even rockie fresh.
Dom's name is out there . . . definitely more well-known that Rockie Fresh . . .

I almost wanna say that Rockie Fresh can't go on a nationwide tour and sell out like Dom has, but I'm not gonna say that without knowing the facts, because maybe Fresh has gone on tour . . . but Dom definitely has a bigger buzz than Fresh . . . Fresh doesn't really have an identity . . . just really another non-thug rapper who raps about 'making it' . . . Dom Kennedy is THE summertime rapper

Selling out lounges and clubs ain't much to be honest. Dom is the Summertime rapper only to a select few on the Internet.

[CENTER]SMH if a dude like Rockie Fresh who wasn't really popping at all and has a forced career in general can benefit the way he has from MMG, you know Dom would have blown up . . . shame he didn't do it, dude would definitely be among the top names of rap . . . as far as him changing up his sound, dude's music already has commercial appeal . . . and he would fit perfectly over those Justice League beats . . . he would be trash over those trap beats tho . . . I wish he signed to MMG, but if he feels like he gotta be his own man and push that OPM brand, then you gotta respect that he wants to own his own ****[/CENTER]

:lol: this. Only thing I know about dude is that he's from Chicago and can actually form sentences, unlike Chief Keef. Am I the only one who feels like Rick Ross closes his eyes, points in an arbitrary direction and whoever is standing there, he signs? That whole roster just seems like random dudes who don't mesh together outside of Gunplay and Ross. That doesn't mean they don't make good songs, but it just seems like every one of them could be on a different label.

I never really got into Dom's music. Nipsey woulda been a much better fit IMO.

With that said, this too.

doesn't seem like he struggling and people waiting for his new stuff already, so i'ma go with saying nah

Trust me dom earning more than you think. By him doing his own thing...the middle man is cut out.

If I was rapping I'd take his route anyday. Btw never heard of Rockie fresh

Nah i don't think the MMG was a good fit for dom, but is seems like from lil lines he's been droppin in his raps he isn't seeing the money he thought he would be seeing at this point. Also Dom is still making those interscope references

Wale is doing what he's always done on a larger scale, same with Meek, Same with Stalley

Exactly. All of those dudes are still in their lanes getting more shine. Wale slipped for a minute with his last album but that Folarin tape put him back on track. Meek's new single is buzzin, as well as Stalley's. Gunplay is getting some attention cuz of Bible On The Dash. Iono about the Rocky dude though, maybe his **** is for the High School crowd.

Back
Top Bottom