infrared 6's. butchered???

side06-11.gif

^I wouldn't say that those are a butchered version. I bet the one that they're referring to is the one with the busier toe cap that has more stitchingon it.

tdog is right. there is a much worse sample version with an extra leather toe rand in the front.

well put it this way, if the 2000 infareds didnt release and FINALLY we get em expected December 15 of this year (this is just a hypothetical event i justthought of) and these came out instead PEOPLE WOULD BE PISSED THE #%@! OFF

^I wouldn't say that those are a butchered version. I bet the one that they're referring to is the one with the busier toe cap that has more stitching on it.
those are og samples with the leather on the toe. the "butchered version" is the reverse infras.

that was a butchered sample granted they don't look bad, but they were not true to the OG, this was considered butchered, now all of a sudden it seemseveryone settles for any crap JB releases so no they are no longer considered butchered my how times have changed, everyone was pissed when those samplesdropped, now everyone loves them.........funny.

Originally Posted by ijapino

It's funny that the term "butchered" is still attached to those samples.

Isn't it? Man, the Internet was a small place back then. I believed it was an apt description, but I never would've thought when I posted aboutthem that people would STILL be calling them "butchered" seven years later.
You guys have to understand, I called them that at the time because we thought that's how the shoe would release. They don't look that bad,but they're completely unfaithful to the originals. Obviously the midsole paint is inverted, but the Nike Air on the heel was in infrared- not black - andthe infrared on that pair is more like infra-pink.

Prior to that release, the retros were relatively faithful. The IV+ were an abomination, in my mind, but the original colors were pretty much on point. TheVI samples were unacceptable. The original black/infrared VI was one of my favorite shoes from childhood, that altered version was nothing but a tease. Thereason why most people like them (because they're different) is exactly the problem. We wanted exact replicas of the shoes we loved during the 80'sand 90's. Anything less was below the Jordan standard - which in 2000 still meant something.

Back
Top Bottom