INSTYLESHOES = FRAUD or just EXTREMELY SLEAZY??!!

Quote:
to the mods: why is instyleshoes still listed as a "legit" website in the thread stickied in JB?
You're absolutely right. It no longer belongs on our legit list and, as such, I've removed it.

Quote:
after continuing to wait for payments I finally received a cheque which I cashed 3 weeks ago. To my utter dismay, it BOUNCED.
Well, I guess that confirms our collective suspicion.

They spent the money. What else could've happened?

At the date of sale, they received 100% of the purchase price. Months later, they can't afford to pay even ONE seller out of possibly dozens.

Point blank: sue them. As petrhino has said, they have NO excuse. I don't care if the guy's mother is in the hospital, you don't spend someone else's money.

I hope through this post you can contact one another to organize some form of collective legal action against ISS. They treated you like unwitting investors.

I think it's obvious to most everyone that, after six months, you're entitled to immediate compensation above and beyond what's been long owed to each of you. If they can't afford it, at least such a suit could conceivably shut them down so they can't use anyone else in this fashion.

If it were my money and my dignity, I wouldn't let them slither away. They don't deserve a pass on this, especially considering they didn't even have the decency to be straight with you throughout the duration of this process. (or, for some, at least stayed in contact throughout rather than avoiding you like thieves or cowards)

What lines have they fed you? "We have two employees and one's been on vacation?" Unless that 'vacation' is maternity leave, no one goes away for six months. Second, we KNOW that's not the true reason.

Checks have bounced. We KNOW they don't have the cash on hand to pay, which means they spent YOUR money. After months of waiting, they STILL can't afford to pay you back and they're calling it a "complication?" That's insult to injury.

Quote:
this sounds dumb,. but being that there established, cant they take out a bank loan for their business?

Forget the bank, they "borrowed" money from their sellers to pay the bills. Apparently, it still wasn't enough.

If they were going to take out a loan, they should've taken it out in the first place so they wouldn't have to use their sellers' money to pay their debts. As a result, they dug themselves a new hole to fill an old hole. That's progress for you.

A reputable operation would have paid back their sellers and made that their FIRST order of business - not their LAST order of business.

Bottom line: if someone takes your money WITHOUT consent and holds it indefinitely that's not called 'borrowing,' it's called THEFT.

WoW!... :frown:
frown.gif

I am now very concerned about my situation. Late payments are one thing, but to receive a cheque in the mail from my bank stating that there were NSF(insufficient funds available) is truly very scary. I have been overly patient with ISS and the consignment program, but this is now ridiculous.

I am sure I will be able to rectify my own situation, but to others, you should all think very carefully before joining the ISS Consignment Program.

-Kast
formerly "OUTKAST", I am still OUTKASTED!

Steve is in a hell of a lot of trouble in this.Allways saying how Legit he is.Not anymore.All them stupid events and running around about his B.S. magazine and using other people's money from the way it sound to run his business.The man owns a boat and he checks bounce?Sell your boat and take care of your sellers.I never had a problem buying shoes from him.But to be frank with you I stoped buying from instyleshoes a while ago.But with all this going on I can't say I would oick anything up from them again if I see something I way.Steve should get
new people or keep these 2 jokers he has now and put on more people.If I was owed Alot of money I would make a trip to the sold collector show in boston and talk with him in person.If your on the eastcoast.
"Nike Continues To Control The Marketplace So Diligenty" John Shanley Financial Analyst.

Quote:
and yes i read the whole post but my opinion is still the SAME
0]
alien.gif
You got any shoes for me to sell? I'll give you your money if I still have some left after Xmas.

I always knew ISS was straight trash. Anybody remember the Chocolate Dunk episode?

has this been posted on ISS forum too? cause this seems to be REAL serious that every1's getting frauded.

why are all the sites becoming shady now? it was some other major site that screwed over madddddd ppl b4 and now it's ISS...whose the only legit site now then 23iswack.com? :smh:
9qaekj.gif

i also think u should sue ISS. everything's towards ur benefit, ISS has nothing to defend. seriously talk it out w/ ur lawyer.

^Dude the hell with 23iswack.Now just buy from vintagekicks aka flight club and a another legit website napsize from japan very good selection and gread deals on some stuff.This is a good reason not to buy from instyleshoes anymore.Why in the hell would instyleshoes charge $350.00 for ice blue 10's and have a hard time paying the seller back with THERE cash.
"Nike Continues To Control The Marketplace So Diligenty" John Shanley Financial Analyst.

any resolution to this, its been going on for a couple of days? They are very quick to post when they have a new sole collector coming out - im suprised steve hasnt responded to this -

and really whats the deal? do they not have the money? take a cash advance on a credit card and pay your customers

ISS........
9r5d7k.gif

I agree that all of you that have been frauded by ISS should probably get together with a REAL good lawyer so you can have one joint lawsuit against them. Strength in numbers you know.

Good luck in however you pursue your funds. Sounds like the problem is not only getting your money in a timely manner...it's getting your money all together. Bouncing checks on top of everything else?? Man, they are done for... |I
tired.gif

"When am I gonna come to my good senses?
Probably the day Bush comes to my defenses."

Quote:
I dont think this has been posted there. It seems as if they censore this type of stuff.

i posted a link ta this thread on iss in the instyleshoes feedback section this mornin but as of now it has zero replies.

Quote:
If they were going to take out a loan, they should've taken it out in the first place

this is infact very very true, and im glad method man pointed this out to us. i always talk about running my own business. and the first thing i say is "i hope my cradit is good enough to get a business loan" thats the very first thing i say, this way i can do what i have to do to start my business. sure there will be a struggle in the beggining, but the fact that im set up and ready to go is what counts. i think a problem to this solution has to be that he pays back the people that he owes money to, and then start fresh by hiring people who he can pay. i mean i know he has a finacial adviser. i also think that the lebron tours may have taken way too much of his time in concentrating on what he has to focus on. i dont know im just assuming. another thing i did notice is that he has good advertising going on in the magazine. doesnt it cost something like 10,000 bucks for a 1 page full color ad?
how many ad's do each magazine have? i know the advertising money covers the actual cost of the magazine to get printed etc. but i know that the they must pocket some o fthat cash because when you print more than 100,000 copies of the magazine the cost comes out cheaper. i never ran a magazine, but one of my closest firends works for mass appeal mag here in nyc, and he told me what im saying now. so what gives?
OG SNEAKA HEAD SINCE THE 80'S
<------MIAMI-VICE Those are my boys. the dynamic duo of the 1980's.
TEAM-OLDSCHOOL "YOU GOTTA DO THE TIME"

ISS is a good example of when small businesses bet bigger and more successful, they start cutting too many corners, and eventually everything it stood for is thrown out the window. ISS cant handle the big leagues, and like Doc Gooden, flamed out too soon.........

i turly hope every person who has sold shoes through that site gets their money.
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear - not absence of fear.
-Mark Twain

This post should be stickied, ISS's checks are bouncing.

NOT good.

They are holding 17 pairs of my shoes, as well as hundreds of others under consignment I assume.

[/b]​

Ive been on the ISS forums for quite a while, and i've never heard any complaints or problems with the cosign program until now. Steve seems like a pretty honest guy, but i do agree that 16 weeks is way too long to wait for your scrilla to arrive. :\
ohwell.gif

I really hope that you get your money or your kicks back and things will work out for you.

Quote:
i posted a link ta this thread on iss in the instyleshoes feedback section this mornin but as of now it has zero replies.

That forum gets no traffic at all so not many people will notice. How about posting in the Jordan forum :wink:
wink.gif

Quote:
To koolbarbone, So it did take HALF A YEAR for you to get the check!! Are you located in or outside the US?? Did you contact a lawyer at all??
I'm located in the US and I did not contact a lawyer. I didn't need the cash right away but had I needed the funds I certainly would have been much more upset than I already am.

Quote:
GTR & koolbarbone, you guys should look into finding other victims of this ISS consignment hustle. I imagine it'd be easier for you all to share a lawyer and the resulting case would likely be stronger and more efficient.

GTR I got the petition that you sent me and I'm debating the best course of action to take. Has anyone ever had any success going through an online police force? It seems like it wouldn't work. And while I think we may have a strong case, getting a lawyer might end up costing us more money in the end. I'm all for getting ISS to give us what we deserve, but realistically I think more people with similiar cases need to step forward.
808 REPRESENT
20% off karmaloop.com with code: JBOAT

:rofl:
roll.gif
at the cutthroat smiley. :lol:
laugh.gif

OG SNEAKA HEAD SINCE THE 80'S
<------MIAMI-VICE Those are my boys. the dynamic duo of the 1980's.
TEAM-OLDSCHOOL "YOU GOTTA DO THE TIME"

Back
Top Bottom