Introducing NikeTalk Mobile

2cyjrwn.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by quik1987    Does it go live pacific time?

Yes and no.  Huddler is based in SF, and they'll be the ones flipping the switch, but if you're looking for it to go up at midnight PST that's not going to happen.  They generally keep standard business hours. 
Did I miss something?  When did Andrew Bynum get traded to the Grizzlies?
I never thought I'd see the day...
You're not the only one.  A lot of people swore we'd never, ever leave Yuku, either.  Come to think of it, I haven't received a single apology from all those doubters...

It's a new day for NT.  From a technical standpoint, stuff actually gets done on Huddler.  I think we made the right call and I hope that all of the improvements we've made of late demonstrates just how much we value your support and appreciate your patience.  You've put up with some really poor tech over the years.  Our goal is to reward your loyalty, not to test it. 

I lowkey stopped visiting nt since the move from yuku, but would periodically check music/general. Mobile site on it's way, def going to have to make a comeback.

Meth would we have the option of switching to desktop view?...90% of my NT browsing is done from my iPhone, I know some mobile sites don't allow you to go back and forth, really hoping this gives the viewer an option..
I believe so.  In the beta stage, at least, there's a toggle at the bottom of the screen that allows you to switch back and forth from desktop to mobile at will.  That's what all registered members will start seeing tomorrow afternoon. 

While the mobile site will autodetect as of 11/20, you should still be able to switch back to desktop view if that's your preference and, in fact, you'll be auto-switched to desktop view anyway for those pages that have yet to receive mobile formatting.  It's not like the old format is being phased out.  We just want to make sure that everyone has the best possible experience for their device.  

Does this work for BlackBerry for us #poor folks?
It does, but there are no guarantees, sadly.  It's not in the first or second-tier support categories, but the site has been designed in such a way that just about any recent mobile browser should be able to handle the basics.  

Stuff like photo uploading, however, is unlikely.  

but i dont think ios will allow uploading from device unless im mistaken

That was the case previously, but iOS6 does allow it.  So, if you've deliberately held out because you're wary of Apple Maps... I'm afraid you've got a dilemma on your hands. 

View media item 137504

I can confirm that uploading an image from an iPhone (4S with iOS6) is beautiful. A couple of clicks and it's done - just hit the button and then you can either upload from your device or enter a URL.

Right on Meth
smokin.gif
You've done work this year.
It's been a full team effort.

The transition was just a monumental effort on all fronts, but we haven't let up on the throttle since then - and that includes the team's commitment to delivering the best possible mobile experience. 

Case in point, kdawg and Baby Jumpman each identified bugs during testing that might otherwise have made their way into the public release.  

I just got word that the official public release, which include the auto-detection of mobile devices, has been pushed back to 11/27, but I'm still going to make every effort to get the opt-in preview up and running for everyone later on today.  Stay tuned. 

^ Great work all around Meth and the rest of the staff/team, but the part that worries me is when you said it could end up costing us money since mobile ads pay out less. Could you explain that a bit and what we'd have to do if that were the case?

I will apogize for the doubters as i was once one of them... i never thought wed leave yuku honestly...

The strides youve made to improve the site and experience lately are mind boggling... so sry brodie. We will let u continue to cook.

Back
Top Bottom