Is David Ortiz black?

When this question is asked, it's obviously with regards to his ethnicity. Otherwise, there would be no point in asking it. So, no, he is not black.
I didn't know Black is an ethnicity.

When this question is asked, it's obviously with regards to his ethnicity. Otherwise, there would be no point in asking it. So, no, he is not black.
I didn't know Black is an ethnicity.

It is. When people say black, they are almost always referring to African Americans. Same way that when people say white, they are almost always referring to anglo-saxons.

Race isn't real. It has absolutely no meaning.

Last edited:
Latino is not a race.

There are Black Latinos (ie Papi Ortiz, Victor Cruz, Celia Cruz) and White Latinos (Cameron Diaz, Don Francisco, Giselle Bundchen).

Many of us latinos are somewhere in the middle depending on how much european, native indian, or black we have.

Si Big Papi Ortiz is a Latino who happens to have more african in his ancestry.

America needs to have everyone in boxes so they struggle with this.

Anywayhttp://youtu.be/VMp55KH_3wo

Last edited:
It is. When people say black, they are almost always referring to African Americans. Same way that when people say white, they are almost always referring to anglo-saxons.

Race isn't real. It has absolutely no meaning.

So if I'm London, how do I refer the millions of people there with same African descent as the "black" people in the United States?

My roommates and I were arguing this the other day during the game. I said he was and my roommate said he wasn't.I ask him how so, he explains he is not ofblack culture. So I say as far as race in the America he is considered black.

So is he black?
Dominican are not proud to be African descent like Haitian, they always say they are part of Spanish and Indian. In Haiti they used to have Indians too and most Haitians are mixed with the Indian or indigenous people as well as Dominican and they always proud to be black. In Dominican it's always a problem if you are black. It's possible for David ortiz to have some Haitian ancestors because Haitians ruled Dominican republic for 22 years there's a lot of Dominican who have Haitians ancestors by their last name. Not the one who migrated there but who go way before Dominican republic was independent. By the way That Ortiz last name is big in Haiti so just saying. Most Dominican want to claim him now because he's famous and rich but if it was other way around they will say he's black and Haitian.

Back
Top Bottom