Is Dwyane Wade the 3rd best SG of all time?

Wade is already a memory. Looking across the court at LeBron makes it feel like dude is/was ever just a role player and sometimes really good 2nd option.

Dog Lebron is one of the greats...so Wade pales in comparison when he's clearly past his prime and Lebron is in his.

Where's the logic?

Do you even read?

I'm saying 'the great D-Wade' is already a memory, that rings more hollow every month he plays 2nd fiddle to LeBron. Even though he's still got a lot left in the tank, you have to remind people that he even won a ring before the Heatles. And his past greatness just feels trivial next to the true greatness of LeBron.

Do you even read?
I'm saying 'the great D-Wade' is already a memory, that rings more hollow every month he plays 2nd fiddle to LeBron. Even though he's still got a lot left in the tank, you have to remind people that he even won a ring before the Heatles. And his past greatness just feels trivial next to the true greatness of LeBron.

A memory to you maybe...and I still remember 06.

How does his past greatness feel trivial? :lol:

Dude basically won the Finals by himself.

They become trivial when you see how much more intelligently LeBron approaches the game, as well as how quickly he took over the team from Wade. Add in his injury bug and the here today, gone tomorrow-ness of his game these days, and I just lost a lost of respect for his ability these last couple years. I know what tier he's in, but now a part of it feels like process of elimination and opportunity, more than him being close to MJ and Kobe status.

Dude basically won the Finals by himself.

:nerd: Uhhhh...

Let's just agree to disagree. :lol:

Not in the postseason.

The gap isnt as wide in the postseason but Iverson still has the edge with career avgs of 30 6 and 4, even avg over 30 ppg in the playoffs 4 or 5 times. Even avg 30 and 10 in the playoffs one year :x

Wade got great numbers too at 25 5 and 5 , but Iverson still has the edge until we get to fg% which will obviously benefit Wade since he drives almost exclusively and especially early in his career.

Time to rewrite history if were gonna let fg% determine things, because Steve Nash has a higher fg% than Kobe, Jordan, Iverson , and even Durant so does that make him a better scorer?

I'm comparing two high volume perimeter scorers.

Nash is a low volume scorer so the comparison isn't parallel at all. He has no place in this discussion

As for wade and iverson in the playoffs, since they are both high volume scorers, give me wade: the more efficient scorer who was more disruptive defensively when u factor in his shot blocking.

Last edited:
I'm comparing two high volume perimeter scorers.
Nash is a low volume scorer with a different role from Iverson Wade Durant and kobe so has no place in this discussion

I understand that, i was just trying to show fg% cant tell the whole story.

Why comment on Nash and not the statistics that show Iverson was better at scoring, dont ignore an entire post of facts and comment on the last sentence.

Thats really the only edge D Wade has over Iverson, regular season or playoffs.

Since you made the claim that Wade is a better post season scorer i'll put the burden of proof on you.

What makes you think Wade was a better scorer than iverson in the playoffs when most stats show otherwise ?

Apparently you don't understand that since you brought up Nash in the first place.

You're completely ignoring the efficiency aspect of scoring and just focusing on raw PPG.

When you comparing two high volume scorers, i want the more efficient one, which is Wade

:lol: Yeah, if you're fascinated with volume PPG, and completely ignore efficiency, shot selection, and consistency, then Iverson is your guy.

Iverson was an entertaining and great talent, but I'll take D.Wade, thanks.

Apparently you don't understand that since you brought up Nash in the first place.
You're completely ignoring the efficiency aspect of scoring and just focusing on raw PPG.
When you comparing two high volume scorers, i want the more efficient one, which is Wade

No need for attitude fam im just trying to have a discussion.....again i understand that, i was just attempting to show sometimes fg%'s are misleading.

I feel like we both may be guilty of the same thing, i might be overvaluing raw ppg and i think youre leaning to heavy on fg%'s so were probly far apart.

Honest question, other than fg% what makes Wade a more efficient scorer , or is fg% the end all be all when discussing scorers.

If so then you must agree Wade is a BETTER scorer than Kobe since he shoots a higher fg% and therefore must be more efficient.

:lol: no attitude homie, that's just how I talk.

And I cited efficiency in this comparison because there is a significant gap between Wade's efficiency and Iverson's. When comparing high volume scorers, that is the distinguishing characteristic.

And yeah, I know I'm in the minority in this and this will spark another discussion, but in the postseason give me Wade. Same postseason PPG on better efficiency

If you wanna look at 5 rings, I'm 100% positive Wade would have 5 rings with a prime Shaq and a Gasol/Odom duo that no other team in the league could matchup with

:lol: no attitude homie, that's just how I talk.
And I cited efficiency in this comparison because there is a significant gap between Wade's efficiency and Iverson's. When comparing high volume scorers, that is the distinguishing characteristic.
And yeah, I know I'm in the minority in this and this will spark another discussion, but in the postseason give me Wade. Same postseason PPG on better efficiency
If you wanna look at 5 rings, I'm 100% positive Wade would have 5 rings with a prime Shaq and a Gasol/Odom duo that no other team in the league could matchup with

Its not the same ppg though, Ivo at 30 ppg and Wades at 25 ppg, granted its not a huge gap but u cant just act like they got the same playoff average.

Wow lets try n stick to the topic because i didnt mention any Kobe rings and that switch player a with b and he wouldve done ___________ is way too speculative with nothing too back it up but opinion.

Im simply asking you is Wade a better scorer than Kobe, scorer not a winner, not a shot blocking 2 guard or anything else.

Is Wade a better scorer than Kobe, because according to your previous post fg% leads to higher ''efficiency'' and Wade has a higher fg% so he must be better at scoring right ?

30 points on 27 shots homie.

Per 36 minutes, Iverson only scores 1 more point on FIVE more shots than Wade

Thats just too wide of an efficiency gap to ignore.

And yes, I'm in the minority I know, but in the playoffs give me Wade offensively over any SG excluding 23. He gives me the best combo of volume AND efficency better than any SG since the merger except Jordan

Last edited:
30 points on 27 shots homie.
Per 36 minutes, Iverson only scores 1 more point on FIVE more shots than Wade
Thats just too wide of an efficiency gap to ignore.
And yes, I'm in the minority I know, but in the playoffs give me Wade offensively over any SG excluding 23. He gives me the best combo of volume AND efficency better than any SG since the merger except Jordan

See how you gotta keep limiting the sample size to say Wade is a better scorer ?

First it was well Wade is a better scorer in the playoffs, now its per 36 minutes....cmon next it'll be Wade is the best 2 guards scorer outta timeouts with the shotclock running down.

Iverson has a career playoff avg of 30 ppg and Wades at 25 ppg bottom line imo, the reason youd like to use per is because it closes the gap between the two.

I disagree but i honestly respect your consistent opinion, because at least you stand by your theory and not switch it up to suit your current discussion like most on here.

I did per 36 mins to show further you how wide the efficiency gap was since you were ignoring FG%.

And you still cannot grasp it :lol:. We're done here.

You guys really saying Wade is better than Iverson? :lol:

I'm not even a big Iverson fan, but that little guy was something else. 20-30 years from now, people will remember Iverson, before they remember Wade. Point blank. It shouldn't even be an argument.

I hate advanced stats
You guys really saying Wade is better than Iverson?
laugh.gif

I'm not even a big Iverson fan, but that little guy was something else. 20-30 years from now, people will remember Iverson, before they remember Wade. Point blank. It shouldn't even be an argument.
 this and that...

i think its that NT prisoner of the moment thing....no way anybody who saw rookie AI, then saw him go on to win MVP would say Wade was better than him...

no way no how.

Wade is superior to Iverson at every facet of the game sans volume scoring (by a little bit, and even then I'll take Wade's scoring approach over Iverson's due to the consistency). And there's this thing called defense, where Wade is light years better. Ya'll dudes are funny.

They're both great, but you'd be hardpressed to find any legitimate coach or basketball executive who'd rather have Peak Iverson over Peak Wade on their teams. That's just the reality.

Last edited:
Wade is superior to Iverson at every facet of the game sans volume scoring (by a little bit, and even then I'll take Wade's scoring approach over Iverson's due to the consistency). And there's this thing called defense, where Wade is light years better. Ya'll dudes are funny.
They're both great, but you'd be hardpressed to find any legitimate coach or basketball executive who'd rather have Peak Iverson over Peak Wade on their teams. That's just the reality.

wade is not a better defender than iverson.. hell no.. iverson had a lot more steals, highest of his career was 2.8 steals a game to go with 31.1 points.. highest wade had in steals was 2.2 per game, so how is wade light years better than iverson?

a peak iverson is an mvp a peak wade is not.. a superstar player, but not mvp

I did per 36 mins to show further you how wide the efficiency gap was since you were ignoring FG%.
And you still cannot grasp it :lol:. We're done here.

Why do you act like youre saying something so complicated brother, just because i dont agree doesnt mean i cant grasp the oh so complicated theory of per 36 minutes.....or other advanced stats.

You dont see what youre doing though ? You keep shrinking the sample size smaller and smaller, 1st it was Wade is a better postseason scorer and then its per 36 minutes. Why must there be such a specific set of circumstances to show that Wade is a better scorer, if he truly was i dont think that would be necessary.

Again , im willing to give Wade the overall nod because he's better defensively since AI so small he can easily be mismatch....but were talking scoring here.

All youve really got in your favor is fg% and i think it takes a bit more than that to be better than 1 of the best scorers the league have ever seen......you seem like a stats guy, are there any other stats other than fg% that make Wade the best SCORING 2 guard since Jordan ? ( even a better scorer than Kobe in your eyes :smh: )

Back
Top Bottom