Is Kevin Durant a once-in-a-generation type of talent?

Michael Beasley and Durant both dominated the collegiate level very similar. Would people be calling Beasley a once in a generation type of talent if he would've carried his play over to the league like KD did

ummmmmmmm YES
If Bron is basically in KD's generation, how the hell is KD "ONCE-in-a-generation?"
ummmmm magic and bird where in the same generation and both are once in a generation type players right?

And no, I'm not being a homer in anyway...this squad is literally lotto bound w/o him (unlike this years squad).
with out bron that cavs team would have the nets record

laugh.gif

Just a quick question...for those comparing T-Mac's court vision to Lebron's, was there a time when T-Mac's passing was mentioned...just mentioned, amongst the likes of Magic Johnson? I'll wait.

T-Mac was a GREAT talent...one of the best all-around players that the NBA has seen when healthy. But he's not even on par (court-vision wise) with Grant Hill. The way some of yall gas up McGrady, you'd think he'd be the next logo on a NBA jersey.

*waits for Rudy to shut ya'll up again once he show his skills in the USA camp against Durant.
grin.gif

Its messed upthat our team structure and offense isn't conducive to having a breakout perimeter player, whether it's OJ or Rudy.

Not only being the best PG since Isiah/Stock, but he's DEFINITELY one of a kind.

Being the best point guard since Stockton aint sayin much cause you don't need a damn point guard to win a Championship anymore. I don't care what Jason Kidd does on the court.! Aint nobody payin to see Jason Kidd play. You really think people at home have said "Oh, Jason Kidd is in town tonite, let's go see him play." Yea right. During his career alone Mourning, Jordan, Malone, Robinson. Ewing, Hakeem, Miller, Stockon, Iverson, Duncan, Shaq, Kobe, KG, Wade, Dirk, and Lebron were better than him at any given time. It's a reason he's played for the Mavericks (twice), Nets, & Suns.To be a once in-a generation player you at least need to be the centerpiece of your respective organization for 10 plus years and I don't car how many meaningless triple doubles dude has. You can't even argue with a straight face that Jason Kidd is a better player than Gary Payton.

Originally Posted by dmncn lew

Not only being the best PG since Isiah/Stock, but he's DEFINITELY one of a kind.

Being the best point guard since Stockton aint sayin much cause you don't need a damn point guard to win a Championship anymore. I don't care what Jason Kidd does on the court.! Aint nobody payin to see Jason Kidd play. You really think people at home have said "Oh, Jason Kidd is in town tonite, let's go see him play." Yea right. During his career alone Mourning, Jordan, Malone, Robinson. Ewing, Hakeem, Miller, Stockon, Iverson, Duncan, Shaq, Kobe, KG, Wade, Dirk, and Lebron were better than him at any given time. It's a reason he's played for the Mavericks (twice), Nets, & Suns.To be a once in-a generation player you at least need to be the centerpiece of your respective organization for 10 plus years and I don't car how many meaningless triple doubles dude has. You can't even argue with a straight face that Jason Kidd is a better player than Gary Payton.

You're comparing guys like Alonzo Mourning etc. to a POINT GUARD.  With Kidd, you're talking about a guy who is one of the best to EVER play at his postion....can you say the same for a guy like Mourning? 

*And why can't you argue that Kidd is a better PG than Gary Payton? 

I think he's one of them.
He's still young too, he's just raw talent.
He just needs to put on like 20 pounds of muscle.

And for the people still trying to make fun about what i said towards durant, the same could be said about beasley. I thought love would have a bigger impact on a team than beas, but i got it right so i wont have to hear your mouths about. that.

What kind of criteria is this? Shaq is arguably one of the most dominant centers ever and he doesn't even fit this +%%@%$% logic.

Jason Kidd is one of the best point guards to ever play the game.  If you don't care what J Kidd does on the court, then who the hell are you to compare him to other legends?
laugh.gif
Let's just forget that Kidd is top 5 all time in steals, assists, triple doubles, and 3 pointers made. *!%# outta here.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

laugh.gif

Just a quick question...for those comparing T-Mac's court vision to Lebron's, was there a time when T-Mac's passing was mentioned...just mentioned, amongst the likes of Magic Johnson? I'll wait.

T-Mac was a GREAT talent...one of the best all-around players that the NBA has seen when healthy. But he's not even on par (court-vision wise) with Grant Hill. The way some of yall gas up McGrady, you'd think he'd be the next logo on a NBA jersey.
Why does T-Mac's court vision have to be compared to Magic to be on the same plane as LeBron? Are we comparing T-Mac's court vision to LeBron or Magic here? (Are you suggesting that LeBron was compared to Magic so T-Mac has to be compared to Magic too?) No one here is going to say T-Mac is as good as LeBron overall, but T-Mac's passing (court vision to an extent) is underrated and overlooked. Probably the only thing besides rebounding and blocks that T-Mac had over Kobe when he was younger too.

Grant Hill? Grant Hill might be old, but he's not the best passer or the player with the best court vision on his team. T-Mac might be old and injured, but even on one leg he has always been the "Nash" player on his team.

Besides LeBron, who else can and will pass and get those dimes that T-Mac gets for his size?

Finally, Durant is that dude. In regards to bulking up, I think it will be best for him to bulk up a little in order to withstand the physical abuse he will get throughout his career. But not because he needs to so he can post up more... There was once a young SG that was skinny and efficient that got 10 fts a game too. But after a couple of seasons of that he got injured a lot from all the physical abuse.  

Originally Posted by nicedudewithnicedreams

laugh.gif

Why does T-Mac's court vision have to be compared to Magic to be on the same plane as LeBron? Are we comparing T-Mac's court vision to LeBron or Magic here? (Are you suggesting that LeBron was compared to Magic so T-Mac has to be compared to Magic too?) No one here is going to say T-Mac is as good as LeBron overall, but T-Mac's passing (court vision to an extent) is underrated and overlooked. Probably the only thing besides rebounding and blocks that T-Mac had over Kobe when he was younger too.

Grant Hill? Grant Hill might be old, but he's not the best passer or the player with the best court vision on his team. T-Mac might be old and injured, but even on one leg he has always been the "Nash" player on his team.

Besides LeBron, who else can and will pass and get those dimes that T-Mac gets for his size?

Lebron's court vision/passing HAS been compared to Magic Johnson's.  He does things at 6'8" that are comparable to what Magic did.  Is he as good of a passer as Magic, IMO, no.  However, to be mentioned in the same breath as Magic for how he sees the floor, is impressive. 

And bro...I'm not talking about the 2010 version of Grant Hill.

Not only being the best PG since Isiah/Stock, but he's DEFINITELY one of a kind
Woow.
laugh.gif

Team USA anyone? Who did Kobe want to go play with back before he had Pau? You ask any player from 98-2006, what one PG would you want to play with, every single one of them will say Jason Kidd.

Alonzo Mourning? Really? I'm not downing Zo's career, but he's just a good Center in a time when there were plenty of good Centers.

Jason Kidd was THE BEST PG for his time. You can mention dudes like GP or Stockton if you want, but in recent history, the past 15 years, Jason Kidd is THE point guard.

But this thread isn't even about that, so I'll stop.
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Nah my dude.  T-Mac's court vision and passing was way above par.  Maybe not on the level of Lebron, but definitely past Grant Hill.  Peep his assist stats once he started to break down.  JVG and Rick Adelman have commended dude, if for nothing else, WAS his court vision/passing.  Both top of the line coaches.  Now, you could say they're just saying that because they were his coaches, but T-Mac's court vision/passing was on point.  He sets up and got teammates tons of easy buckets.  See: Any of his playoff games where it mattered.

As for the topic at hand, KD is a BEAST but I don't think he's a once in a generation type talent.

KD is basically what T-Mac was in Orlando.

Thing is though, KD is on path to cement his status, while, T-Mac fizzled out.

Tracy as a passer was every bit as good as grant maybe even slightly better, but he's not Lebron, Tracy McGrady  and Grant Hill are 6-8 guys with point gaurd skills, LeBron James is a point gaurd, he plays like one and for the most part has the mentality of one.

The more athletic Dirk Nowtiki Kevin Durant comparison is the best one I have heard I ...but do you guys consider Dirk a once in a generation type talent?

I'm way too lazy to read through the entire thread, but a lot of people mention Durant bulking up. I agree that this can help him, but bulking up (especially upper body) can really damage one's shooting motion/consistency.

I was one of the people that thought the bench press at the rookie workouts was a major L for Durant. Turns out it doesn't make much of a difference at all.

You could as there arent many 7 footers that can play the way he plays at an elite level. There are guys that can stand outside and do what he does, they just arent as good. So no not really.

Lol at some of this stuff in here.

This thread is absolutely hilarious.
laugh.gif

T-Mac's passing ability being compared to LeBron's passing ability?!

T-Mac being a better passer than THIS Grant Hill

81593179.jpg

at ANY point in his lifetime?!

263h6br.jpg

Back
Top Bottom