Is Peyton Manning the most overrated qb of all time?

Someone on this board said it first and I'll rep him if he comes in to claim it, but he pretty much nailed it when it comes to Peyton and the greatest ever talk: Pre-snap, Peyton is hands down the greatest of all-time. I think that's 100% spot on. I believe it's totally fair to break it down that way, which to me, disqualifies him from any overrated talk if you keep it within that context -- The QB position is as complex as they come, so there needs to context with certain variables of the position.

Relative to his elite peers and just winning rings period, I can hear the argument though.

Its also his weakness too.Those presnap reads and trying to over analyze whats going on instead of just letting the game come to you.

Someone on this board said it first and I'll rep him if he comes in to claim it, but he pretty much nailed it when it comes to Peyton and the greatest ever talk: Pre-snap, Peyton is hands down the greatest of all-time. I think that's 100% spot on. I believe it's totally fair to break it down that way, which to me, disqualifies him from any overrated talk if you keep it within that context -- The QB position is as complex as they come, so there needs to context with certain variables of the position.

Relative to his elite peers and just winning rings period, I can hear the argument though.

Its also his weakness too.Those presnap reads and trying to over analyze whats going on instead of just letting the game come to you.

this. and to add...when you throw a fork into his pre-snap reads and his game plan...he cannot adapt. he can't do it. that supercomputer just errors out.

Last edited:
Exactly ^. A lot of those loses against Bill and Brady were because he had a set master plan and it didnt go as planned and Brady/Bill had a better plan and adjusted :lol:

i'm not going to quote myself, but i called it earlier.

overrated qb choking when it matters most once again. 

5 one and done home playoff losses now by peyton manning led teams when they've had a first round bye.

nothing else to say here but omaha.

it's never even been an argument for me. 

personally i think it's an insult that people even try to say peyton is on the same level as thomas.

but peyton is most of middle americas golden boy qb so you know how that goes. 
Agree 100%

Top 5 to not mentioned at all. If you got Peyton in ya top 5 this 1 and Done game showed you he shouldnt be there and your being bias. He padded stats for 3 years man.

This is coming from a Peyton fan. Favorite Player Ever but its over.

The dude that ended his Colts career might've ended his Broncos career too :lol:

:rofl: didnt even think about that. reps

@Mister Friendly he is not top 5 or 6. He's not :lol:. Not with all those weapons all the time, 1 and done's with a BYE and home field advantage and a subpar playoff record, game shifting picks/pick 6s, TWO Superbowl loses because of him. He not even the best Colt there ever was or Bronco. I used to argue with guys all the time and defend Peyton but not anymore. I don't even know if he's top 10.

indifferent.gif

Whos your top 5 or 6?

Brady
Marino
Montana
Steve Young
Elway
Unitas
Farve

The last 3 are interchangeable with Bradshaw and some of the other vets but Peyton is not in there. You cant be a beast in the Reg Season and have a 11-13 record in the playoffs like that and have a SB run and still play like trash as well.

This one playoff game at age 38 didn't change my opinion. Top 5 all time

It's sad to see so many be happy about a legend moving on and leaving the league. It's not a positive and always tough to see a legend be betrayed by his body due to time. I mean he simply can't throw the ball accurately or with strength anymore. I pray he doesn't try to go next year, that would be a true tragedy

I pray he doesn't try to go next year, that would be a true tragedy

depends if his "arm issues" were due to something that happened mid season and he didn't have time to recover or if he truly has no gas left in the arm. feel like it's the former. he was balling earlier in the year

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom