Is respect worth dying for?

When I think about how many people that have ended up getting killed over avoidable situations. Words being exchanged, someone who has nothing to lose trying to escalate a situation etc, it’s sad. At this point, having kids and all and stuff to live for. If someone wants to say something stupid or tries to start something I’ll do my best to deescalate things and get out of that situation. Hell I go out my way to avoid stuff in general.

I got no problem defending myself if need be. But I rather that only be a last resort. Some lame *** dude saying something slick who doesn’t have **** going for them. They’re still going to be that way while I’m at home laughing about the situation

Man i got a kid at the house, i aint fighting no one at gun point.
My position changed because of my children.

Die for my name and respect. Or live to give my kids hugs and kisses.

Now i will die for them. And if they get physically disrespected.

Which leads me to another point about levels of Disrespect. Long gone are days where words mean a damn to me.

Now if you proceed to act On them Words. Then we have a real problem. But just words. Nah man.

My first inclination is to deescalate, but I have had to check dudes in a way that they know I am about that as well. However, I mostly frequent the same places and always with people, so I don't come across those situations often. I also don't think any of those situations were worth dying over or killing over. But sometimes you have to confront minor disrespect or it will turn major. As I've gotten older, I just laugh directly at people who have tried to rile me and my group up. Liquor courage would have dudes thinking they tough for no reason. Plus I grew up in areas where I can kind of gage who about that action imo.
The funniest one was a group of white dudes yelling maga at us group of black dudes trying to get a reaction out of us as we were bar hopping. We just laughed at them goofies and had them looking dumb. They didn't like their women following some of the homies I guess 🤷🏾‍♂️

The funniest one was a group of white dudes yelling maga at us group of black dudes trying to get a reaction out of us as we were bar hopping. We just laughed at them goofies and had them looking dumb. They didn't like their women following some of the homies I guess 🤷🏾‍♂️
I swore they said "MAGA" wasn't about race though 🤔🤔

Honor and respect is overrated. Just give me money and comfort.
I wouldnt go this far. I feel like certain levels of honor and respect are rare these days. Im not talking about turning up cus someone said something you dont like.

I feel like what Ukraine Pres. Zelesky (or whatever) is doing is the honorable thing by standing with his people and defending his country. Its not self preservation at this point, as he can literally leave and find safety, since he is a huge target. But dude decided to ride for his country and risk death with the odds stacked against him. He's become and hero and a becon of hope for his people just by standing his ground. Things money cant ever buy.

It all boils down to the individual tho. All depends on what someone is comfortable living with. Everyones got to determine where their own line is.

Last edited:
To answer the question: sometimes there's no perfect answer. Lot of people are easily offended and think they're invincible.

I'm sure a lot of dead/paralyzed people wish they could go back and make the humble choice.

All that street stuff sounds good in songs but most of y'all can't rap so you'll just be shot or beat up for no reason.

And don't let a female get you killed. Most of them just want the most entertaining outcome, and 10/10 they won't even have to break a nail. Just an ego boost for them.

depends if I have work the next day or not
Until someone @ work pisses you off. I went off on my supervisor for tryna humiliate me in my first team meeting at job corps as a counselor. Walked out the room hott in ggd middle of her BS rant. I’ll take criticism but don’t do that **** around people tryna boost your ego. Talked to her privately and said don’t ever talk to me like that. I’ll quit this mf. Still kept my job til 7 mo after I went off on security and they fired me lol

First of all, everyone’s respect ain’t worth having. With that being, in real life, what kind of situation can one really be in where its your respect in one hand and your life in another?

I will die for my manhood tho.

First of all, everyone’s respect ain’t worth having.
I gives respect to everyone. Ya got to. Kindness don’t always end up last. Even if I crack your face and you on one knee, I’ll respect it and won’t strike when u handicap. Get up and get yo *** whupped again lol

Until someone @ work pisses you off. I went off on my supervisor for tryna humiliate me in my first team meeting at job corps as a counselor. Walked out the room hott in ggd middle of her BS rant. I’ll take criticism but don’t do that **** around people tryna boost your ego. Talked to her privately and said don’t ever talk to me like that. I’ll quit this mf. Still kept my job til 7 mo after I went off on security and they fired me lol

Sometimes you need to do that in a work related setting and let them know you’re not the one, because if you let them get away with it once, they’ll keep it up.

Had an old manager try talking to me in a funny manner in front of a few coworkers, pretty much trying to embarrass me and make me look dumb. I just let him know in front of everyone that I don’t think I’m above criticism by any means, but if there’s an issue, come at me correctly, talk to me one on one, and don’t try and show me up in front of coworkers. He never did it again, but he would constantly come at people I worked with in such an professional manner.

Like you work with these people 40 plus hours a week, 5 days a week or so. You gotta set those boundaries from the jump that you’re going to tolerate being talked to in a disrespectful manner. Especially at this point in my life. I got a decent amount saved up and make good money off my side stuff, that I’ll quit over a disrespectful higher up if talking to them 1 on 1 or going the HR route doesn’t yield results.

I see you're on Ben Carson's tracks.

I'm a liberal spreadneck hating gun owning atheist who hates Ben Carson with a passion and I know him personally. Barking up the wrong tree home boy.

Last edited:
Yea no words have never meant **** to me. Anybody can say something. Now if someone were to ever get physcial or it had to do with my children then you can catch these hands LOL. Everything is else irrelevant.

This. Just give me a reason to get physical. I'm a big guy so it rarely gets this far but please give me a reason to leave someone bludgeoned.

Back
Top Bottom