Is The Hangover Overrated?

I thought it was too, until I watched it the second time. When I laugh at stuff just as hard as I did when I first saw it, I know it's good.

theyre all funny but

SuperBad > 40 Year Old Virgin > Tropic Thunder > The Hangover

but i've only seen the hangover once and i was kinda tired when i watched it so maybe another viewing might change my opinion

I thought it was good... Had a lot of good quotables
laugh.gif

I mean do people expect this film to be a life changing experience? It was a very good comedy, arguably the best of the year.

Ali G in Da House is an underrated flick
I recommend it to any1 who hasn't seen it

--Never get into a movie with those pre-concieved "expectations" from recommendations or hype.
--Just watch the darn thing and you might actually be able to enjoy it.

It was ok. I knew exactly where they were going to find the groom before it even got halfway through the film. I saw it once and likely won't see it again.

I did lmao at the final scene with all of the pictures that were supposed to have been taken on the camera.

Originally Posted by brandonroy3

i didnt laugh once. seriously

Co-sign. Rented it with high expectations to be lmfao all the way through the flick. That was a fail. Not even half way through the movie i fell asleep.. I was not entertained.. What a waste of a dollar redbox rental!

if you didn't laugh at this movie, you don't have a sense of humor...Movie was ridiculous!

Originally Posted by Mycoldyourdone

you should know by now that public america are a bunch of idiots...if something is amazing.....its really 2 steps down....if something is good....its really 2 steps down....

This.

This entire thread is full of typical Niketalk responses...

If the Hangover was an independent, underground release that only got hype via the Internet...everyone would love it...

But, because it got a lot of mainstream press...it is "overrated" or "hyped"...

Just like General Release shoes compared to a Kid Robot x Huf x Mr Cartoon x Nike 12 pair, individually numbered release...

The General Release is always going to lose out because YOU don't feel as cool because everyone knows about the General Release...no matter how much better the GR looks...

JM

I feel if you are of a certain age group (around the college age or mid 20's) you will like it even more. That's the feeling I get from it. Also, comedy movies are never good after they've been hyped up. I remember I didn't see Superbad until 159 people told me it was the best comedy ever. After watching it, I wasn't all that impressed with that one either.
And I don't think it is funnier than Tropic Thunder either.

Back
Top Bottom