is vince carter a hall of famer?

As much as I am a VC fan, I say no for this reason.

from 98-02 VC was the main guy for the raptors and probably was in the NBA Top ten when it came to players in the league.

From 02-04 when he was traded to NJ, many would say from his own comments, that he dogged those years in Toronto.

He has been a good and somewhat beneficial player to the teams he has played on from that point.

He will (hopefully) reach 1,000 NBA regular season games played next year but will not reach that for games as a starter. (If he starts all 82 next year, he will be at 999, 1017 for just games played if he plays in all 82. ). I would take those little things into consideration when looking at his career.

I kind look at it this way, for those who say he can but will not. He is one of those guys who will think that he needs a ring to lock getting in the HOF with the career he had. If he said he is hanging up his nikes and focusing on his daughter and foundation, he will be in the HOF discussion, but will probably not make it unless they say he changed the game somehow because of his Athletic ability.

As much as I am a VC fan, I say no for this reason.

from 98-02 VC was the main guy for the raptors and probably was in the NBA Top ten when it came to players in the league.

From 02-04 when he was traded to NJ, many would say from his own comments, that he dogged those years in Toronto.

He has been a good and somewhat beneficial player to the teams he has played on from that point.

He will (hopefully) reach 1,000 NBA regular season games played next year but will not reach that for games as a starter. (If he starts all 82 next year, he will be at 999, 1017 for just games played if he plays in all 82. ). I would take those little things into consideration when looking at his career.

I kind look at it this way, for those who say he can but will not. He is one of those guys who will think that he needs a ring to lock getting in the HOF with the career he had. If he said he is hanging up his nikes and focusing on his daughter and foundation, he will be in the HOF discussion, but will probably not make it unless they say he changed the game somehow because of his Athletic ability.

Originally Posted by blacktopking319

Yes. Vince Carter will be in the BASKETBALL hall of fame.

ROY
8 time all star
slam dunk champion
2x all nba (robbed so many times ESPECIALLY from 05-07)
olympic gold medalist
currently 24th best PPG of ALL time in both postseason and reg season
35th all time scoring list
holds numerous records for two teams
regarded as the greatest dunker of all time

i know he isnt a winner by any means but there are alot more people in the hall of fame with less than favorable accomplishments and we are talking bout the Basketball HOF not NBA hof
Yeah, I think Vince can get in.

ROY
8 time all star
slam dunk champion
olympic gold medalist

i know he isnt a winner by any means but there are alot more people in the hall of fame with less than favorable accomplishments and we are talking bout the Basketball HOF not NBA hof

Originally Posted by luxurious24

vince carter under achieved, him and t-mac aint getting in

This.

I don't think either of these guys reached their full potential. Then again, I'm not VC/T-mac so I can't really speak towards that topic. However, you can tell when a guy is playing with is heart.

Originally Posted by luxurious24

vince carter under achieved, him and t-mac aint getting in

This.

I don't think either of these guys reached their full potential. Then again, I'm not VC/T-mac so I can't really speak towards that topic. However, you can tell when a guy is playing with is heart.

Vince is going to be an interesting case. Most of us would say no way, not "HOF."  But you also have to remember voters...he is going to be judged well after he has retired and people are going to use his resume as reference while also remembering his constant ESPN highlights and his prime skills.

Let's check Vince out "on paper."  Prime years:

99-00 - 25.7 PPG
00-01 - 27.6 PPG
01-02 - 24.7 PPG
02-03 - 20.6 PPG
03-04 - 22.5 PPG
04-05 - 24.5 PPG
05-06 - 24.2 PPG
06-07 - 25.2 PPG
07-08 - 21.3 PPG
08-09 - 20.8 PPG

Rookie of the year. Eight-time All Star.

Five years after he has retired and we are all old trust me people are going to look back at his stats and think highly of him despite us knowing the tanking, his limited to no playoff success and he never won anything of merit.

Is VC a HOFer? Not to me, no sir. But to others he is going to be and it's going to be interesting. Especially when you see some of the other scorers in the Hall.

Vince is going to be an interesting case. Most of us would say no way, not "HOF."  But you also have to remember voters...he is going to be judged well after he has retired and people are going to use his resume as reference while also remembering his constant ESPN highlights and his prime skills.

Let's check Vince out "on paper."  Prime years:

99-00 - 25.7 PPG
00-01 - 27.6 PPG
01-02 - 24.7 PPG
02-03 - 20.6 PPG
03-04 - 22.5 PPG
04-05 - 24.5 PPG
05-06 - 24.2 PPG
06-07 - 25.2 PPG
07-08 - 21.3 PPG
08-09 - 20.8 PPG

Rookie of the year. Eight-time All Star.

Five years after he has retired and we are all old trust me people are going to look back at his stats and think highly of him despite us knowing the tanking, his limited to no playoff success and he never won anything of merit.

Is VC a HOFer? Not to me, no sir. But to others he is going to be and it's going to be interesting. Especially when you see some of the other scorers in the Hall.

Originally Posted by DipsetGeneral

ROY
8 time all star
slam dunk champion
olympic gold medalist

That's game. Here's the answer. This thread can be Closed now
-JGO

Originally Posted by DipsetGeneral

ROY
8 time all star
slam dunk champion
olympic gold medalist

That's game. Here's the answer. This thread can be Closed now
-JGO

laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom