JAKE DELHOMME IS A G VOL. 2009: 55% 18 INT'S, 2 FUM =2 YRS EXT = 2010 $19.7 MIL = i'm still starting

Originally Posted by Laced Up Jordans
roll.gif

Originally Posted by MJsaver

wow..

yall are like sharks and blood is in the water..

horrible start, but its only the 1st game of the season..
He's played like this for years and has gotten a pass for it. This is deserved.

Originally Posted by EAGLE 0N

How are the backup QBs for Carolina?
The fact that they can't beat Delhomme for a starting spot tells you all you need to know.

The fact that they can't beat Delhomme for a starting spot tells you all you need to know.
No, the fact that Delhomme got a $42 million extension tells you all you need to know. They aren't going to admit stupidity this soon.

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

No, the fact that Delhomme got a $42 million extension tells you all you need to know. They aren't going to admit stupidity this soon.

QFT

YO! I want to discuss his "situation" if I could please.

I'm not a huge football fan. Never played the game (I was trying to get my Khalid El-Amin on). But has there ever been a failure of this magnitude?

jake-delhomme.jpg

In the past 7 quarters, my man is 24-51 with 9 interceptions, 11 total turnovers? I grew up a 49ers fan but I've had a desire to have asuccessful franchise in my city thus I pull for the Panthers. Following the playoff debacle, nearly every media outlet and almost every analyst agreed that thePanthers should look to "address" the Quarterback position - AT LEAST. What do they do? Contract extension for Jake and bring in no one to competefor the job. IF I were a die-hard Panthers fan, I would've considered this a slap in the face.

Now, given today's outcome - what do you do? Tank it? Hope for the WORST and start doing a compare/contrast on McCoy and Bradford?

DF!!!

Now, given today's outcome - what do you do? Tank it? Hope for the WORST and start doing a compare/contrast on McCoy and Bradford?
Noooo.

You have one of the best receivers, one of the best running tandems and a solid defense. Figure something out.

I am sick and tired of watching this bum play, I have never seen 2 games played as terrible as he has. It's not the D's fault today, it's all onJake. The management was stupid enough to give him that extension and not sign mike vick? wow. I can't take this joker anymore, apparently he's spentall his time doing his bojangles commercials. #&$* this guy and his bojangles chicken loving ***. McCown is hurt, Delhomo is bum and Matt Moore is the onlyguy we got left. Give me anybody, anybody over this guy. Give me JP Losman who isn't even in the league anymore IDC. Jeff Garcia better be on this teamtomorrow. What a waste of money spent. The WR's and Steve Smith should be mad as hell. This guy is done. I'd take Brett Favre torn bicep with the jetsover this guy. Sick to my stomach!

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

So...Colt McCoy, Jevan Snead or Sam Bradford, Carolina?
we'll take any of them. seriously. we'll take the eagle's water boy. all carolina fans know that jake the fake delhomme has been afraud since the superbowl. if you watch that playoff run, all of jake's passes were HAIL MARY 25 yd passes that smitty or muhammed had to snatch out of theair. and jake did it for every single playoff game. i THOUGHT his last performance finally exposed him, but then they signed him a contract extension! billsimmons said it best with his picks for the opening nfl week:
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/090910

"Eagles (-2) over PANTHERS
Early Wednesday afternoon, I was working when my cell phone rang. It was my daughter's preschool. They never call me unless something bad happened.Forty-five horrible things raced through my mind in 1.7 seconds. She was kidnapped. She fell off the monkey bars. Another kid blinded her with a Lego.I answered the phone with a giant pit in my stomach. Turned out she was just sick and threw up in class. Phew.

What does that have to do with the Panthers? Every big moment with Jake Delhomme is like that random preschool phone call for Panthers fans. They see him inthe caller ID and think, "Uh-oh ... ." If they get out of it with a simple puking in class, they will take it. Anything better is a bonus. I wouldnot have brought him back."

now we got atlanta next week at their home. if they wont cut him, i hope that falcons efff him up. i dont wish ill on anyone, but i'm making an exception.

YO!
Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

Noooo.

You have one of the best receivers, one of the best running tandems and a solid defense. Figure something out.

I hear you. However, that line didn't look too sturdy in the first half to begin with. One of the interceptions and one of the fumbles I'd credit themwith. 2 and 3 defenders in his face at the snap.

And noooooooooowwwwwwww they put my homie Kenny Moore in the game.
smh.gif

DF!!!

Originally Posted by chickhien

"Eagles (-2) over PANTHERS
Early Wednesday afternoon, I was working when my cell phone rang. It was my daughter's preschool. They never call me unless something bad happened. Forty-five horrible things raced through my mind in 1.7 seconds. She was kidnapped. She fell off the monkey bars. Another kid blinded her with a Lego. I answered the phone with a giant pit in my stomach. Turned out she was just sick and threw up in class. Phew.

What does that have to do with the Panthers? Every big moment with Jake Delhomme is like that random preschool phone call for Panthers fans. They see him in the caller ID and think, "Uh-oh ... ." If they get out of it with a simple puking in class, they will take it. Anything better is a bonus. I would not have brought him back."

eek.gif
roll.gif

Back
Top Bottom