JB giving us what we want?

Originally Posted by victoryballer

No!!!

In order to get what I want.....this needs to happen:

QUALITY UP
PRICE DOWN

Availability can stay the same.....make em limited, or GR's, doesn't really matter!
It cannot work that way.

The Prices will not, CANNOT go down if you want quality.
When you consider how much prices have gone up on things like premium denim or even premium food and drink over the last 20 years in comparison to the rise in"premium" sneaker prices, it's not even close. The sneaker costs have only gone up a fraction of that of other high end products and services. They've managed to maintain this general price point by skimping and cutting corners with quality.
In the mid-late 80's, high priced, designer jeans from Guess? and Jordache topped out around $100.00 (same as Jordans basically.) People who care aboutquality denim these days frequently pay $250+ for a good pair of jeans from PRPS, Sugar Cane or LVC. I'll gladly do the same for a truly premium qualitypair of Air Jordans. If they used great leathers, grade A construction and they kept them true to the originals then the price point should be just asshocking now for a pair of IVs as it would have been to the general public in 1989.
This would be the $200-$250 range by today's standards and I, for one, hope that's the direction this goes.

Not really. I hate they re-retroed the nubucks, being that I have the first nubucks that released. I only care for the Space Jams and the 60+ pack with theAJ1. And maybe the true blues.

if they put out BORDEAUXS again I might agree with that OP. they can do them in the same exact quality of the CDP hares and I'll be perfectly happy withthem. until then, I'll watch the beast festival over the space jams and true blues and wait patiently...

by the way, jmadidas, nice post! a lot of people here really lack perspective sometimes.

I'd say variety wise, yes. We're gonna see some raptor 7s and the 12s later in the year and whatever the doernbecher release will be (probably VIs)

Ima jordan head from the o.g. era ,, the rbp and nubucks were good quality wise....
I think they actually might be taking heed to our opinions, they also put a no return policy on the rgp's,
which werent exactly limited ,but they where said by reps. to be limited ..
That makes resellers shun away from buying as many,, leaving more for the true collectors ,
Im pleased with the quality as of the rgp and the nubucks , hopefully they keep up the quality with the later releases to come......

Originally Posted by luvtheshoe

They still picked the wrong time in the economy to sell these.

I don't know...... I think they are being smart and releasing these b/c of the economy....JB knows that these are the shoes that won't sit on the racksand likely sellout on release......also the reason all these I's are releasing b/c most likely cheapest Jordan's to produce...they really don'tcare what "we" want they just want to make sure we buy every last pair out there...

Originally Posted by blacklion23

Not really. I hate they re-retroed the nubucks, being that I have the first nubucks that released. I only care for the Space Jams and the 60+ pack with the AJ1. And maybe the true blues.
You dont like it , but others that didnt have a chance to buy them the first time are happy. I personally cant wait for JB to retro the TitaniumXX3, cant wait to see people get mad at that one
roll.gif

prices are gonna keep goin up....
lol
if last year 8's were 135 retail
this year 12's are 150
space jam's 175
get ready to spend 200 retail next year for the chicago's
which is not that bad for chicago's

jmadidas2001

Thank you as always for being the voice of reason and logic.

I for one remember most of those defects, and still to this day overlook the minor defects on most kicks (probably cause I wear most of my kicks).
I have become very picky regarding my purchases now a day, as should we all.
JB has been giving us better retro's this year and I can only hope for VI's next year.

Originally Posted by dopestop

prices are gonna keep goin up....
lol
if last year 8's were 135 retail
this year 12's are 150
space jam's 175
get ready to spend 200 retail next year for the chicago's
which is not that bad for chicago's
Oh, it is that bad. I dont want to be paying 400 for a pair of lowtop IIs by the time I finish my education, and right now it seems very possible

Originally Posted by Koopa2410

how much are the true blues....they better be 125....
I think they're 135
eyes.gif

The fire reds a few years ago were 125 though.

I think they're kind of giving us what "we" want. We're getting retros but the quality has stepped down. I say a pair of the Nubucks that arejust coming out and they look terrible compared to the "original" nubucks, which are retros from like 6 years ago!

While we are getting shoes "we" want, we're paying more for something of less quality

is jb giving me what i want? no. i still don't have bordeaux vii's, infared vi's, sport blue vi's. guess i'm gonna still wait.....

Back
Top Bottom