JB release numbers now reflect the hype for the shoe/colorway...

No its not.

Numbers > some half assed theory that's been toted for years now.

These restocks are RTVs from locations that didn't sell their stock not some magical second and third run.

[COLOR=#red]Well...yes and no. This has been a work in progress. Product lines are planned 18 months in advance, everything that is done from a planning perspective is well thought out and usually there is a litmus test to see how it will work, then expand out. It's not just a random focus group that trolls NT, SC, blogs etc to gage hype.

I'm surprised no one has realized that this actually started back in '11. I know for a fact that FTL Inc held back thousands of pairs of WC3s on initial release to replenish to top sellers (which is actually quite common and not new). Months later though, around April, stores got restocks direct ship from Nike on the shoe. Anyone familiar with distribution models for inline retailers can attest that nothing usually comes direct ship; it almost always comes from the company's distribution center unless it's a QS.

In the fall of the same year was the Pure $/Anniversary restocks as well. Difference in this scenario was that the pairs went to different retailers the second go round. For example, The Pure Retro IV was originally a Champs release but when the summer/fall restock arrived Champs carried the Pure 3s.

As far as "don't trust those NA 3's...use common sense. Why would the shoe drop rebadged with NA on the heel but the sole still have "Jordan"? There are only two logical explanations; either the shoe will be re-re-re-re-retroed again with dual Nike treatment or that it is a rebadged '11 drop. At the end of the day, it's really not at all that important. If you really want them buy them, if not then don't. Price sensitivity will fall on deaf ears. Two years ago, Foam Pros were $190; at the end of '13 they will be $240. In the age we live in the shoes will be bought either way so you can't knock the hustle. Get down or lay down I suppose.[/COLOR]

D e - thanks for the info. I had a hunch that that the 88 3s were just rebadged 2011. But someone in the 88 thread got all upset. Oh well, clouded minds can't see clearly.

The production run dates on the 88's indicate this past fall (2012). It makes very little sense that they used shoes sitting for almost 2 years or more (original run on the 2011 cements was fall of 2010). The most obvious reason they released with a Jordan sole is that they have the mold for the 3 sole which has been used for a decade and it's already available and in factories that have produced 3's in the past. The new Joker and Crimson releases aren't using WC3 soles leftover either. Just use a little common sense. Nike wouldn't keep unlabeled heels in the 100's of thousands sitting around for 2 years to use for these. You'd have spoilage, dirt, other issues that affect quality (and in a much worse way than any quality issues we see today). So no, there is about a 0% chance the 2013 3's are actually leftover 2011's with a different branding slapped on the back heel.

Let me clarify, I don't definitely know the background of the production on these shoes. Most of my posts that deal with specifics are limited solely to what's on deck for Nike, Inc. in general. Are they new production? Sure, odds are slim that it'd be anything otherwise. But I wouldn't be shocked at all if it wasn't.

What I will say though is the $200 price point is yet another step in testing the elasticity of the pricing. I've hinted more than once but a $600 product is on deck for this year, all depends on the buying public if it will be a one-off or if it green lights other possibilities going forward.

Let me clarify, I don't definitely know the background of the production on these shoes. Most of my posts that deal with specifics are limited solely to what's on deck for Nike, Inc. in general. Are they new production? Sure, odds are slim that it'd be anything otherwise. But I wouldn't be shocked at all if it wasn't.

What I will say though is the $200 price point is yet another step in testing the elasticity of the pricing. I've hinted more than once but a $600 product is on deck for this year, all depends on the buying public if it will be a one-off or if it green lights other possibilities going forward.
I'm curious what they possibly think they could sell for $600.  Unless it's a super limited run that includes TRUE OG quality/shape/branding etc.
The production run dates on the 88's indicate this past fall (2012). It makes very little sense that they used shoes sitting for almost 2 years or more (original run on the 2011 cements was fall of 2010). The most obvious reason they released with a Jordan sole is that they have the mold for the 3 sole which has been used for a decade and it's already available and in factories that have produced 3's in the past. The new Joker and Crimson releases aren't using WC3 soles leftover either. Just use a little common sense. Nike wouldn't keep unlabeled heels in the 100's of thousands sitting around for 2 years to use for these. You'd have spoilage, dirt, other issues that affect quality (and in a much worse way than any quality issues we see today). So no, there is about a 0% chance the 2013 3's are actually leftover 2011's with a different branding slapped on the back heel.
I think you're right on point with that statement.  The molds are very expensive, and from a production standpoint a much bigger change compared to the heel plate.

Exactly, the branding that goes on the heel plate is not something you'd have to modify the molds to differentiate, it's just a matter of slapping a different piece of branding on it. The molds cost a LOT of money to create and then setup in a factory, and if you're Nike you aren't doing that for ONE shoe when you're going to keep rolling 3's off the line for years to come.

Last edited:
Don't companies keep stock for new stores as well?

I remember going to a HOH opening this past summer when the military 4s dropped. The store had a lot of recent release like South Beach Lebron 9s, Cav 4s, Cool Gray 12s, Aunt Pearl KDs.

And at the summer a lot of HOHs ended up restocking on jordans as well like the Olympic 6s.

Thats why I'm usually amped if a new HOH or Footlocker opens up because they tend to have a full size run of some recent releases that where allocated to them.

Most people don't know but the production run dates are one of the last things to be added to a shoe... As a former Nike, Ink employee I can verify that I have seen a few shoes that were half way made and then put up for up to five months before they finish them and add production tags... So if a shoe had a production date of DEC/2012, I was probably started in the summer of 2012... And the tags are nothing but a computer print out, which means the dates can be changed as easy as me typing on here.... I wouldn't say they are the same 3's, but according to my JB source something isn't right about them, maybe they have some of the parts of the old 3's, who knows.. Here is an example, back when the 2nd altitudes dropped, the real shoe that was due to drop was this years Squadron Blue 13's, but they changed in mid production and dropped altitudes again, my source has had a pair ever since, now they drop this year, and I bet production dates will be late 2012.. but I know for a fact a few thousand squadron blues were made....

^^ thank you. A production tag is just that, a tag. Another point of mine that someone validated. Your squadron blue example is a perfect one.

^^ thank you. A production tag is just that, a tag. Another point of mine that someone validated. Your squadron blue example is a perfect one.
another thing to think about is the tens of thousands of pairs of photo blue 9's that were messed up..... What do you guys think happend to them, they were never sold, and you better believe JB didnt just throw them in the trash....

another thing to think about is the tens of thousands of pairs of photo blue 9's that were messed up..... What do you guys think happend to them, they were never sold, and you better believe JB didnt just throw them in the trash
Some ended up in outlets

Last edited:
Should have been more clear. The store said they will be releasing in march the black/cement 3 with the air Jordan logo no nike air. He said it was a restock.

My words were to vague and cement iii are the white ones sorry. Lol.

The thread about this release explains what it's all about. Just a store that has held onto some pairs of BC3's, Concords, and I think 2 other shoes to have one of those attention grabbing sales of 10 pairs for that small location. That sale/stock is not what is being discussed in here though. Similar to Moe's, but much smaller scale and less shoes and models.

Makes sense based on all this BS with the Retro 3 '88s...and explains the release dates changing left and right...gotta love JB

Should have been more clear. The store said they will be releasing in march the black/cement 3 with the air Jordan logo no nike air. He said it was a restock.

My words were to vague and cement iii are the white ones sorry. Lol.
oh, my badd..

Can't get over the knowledge dropped on this last page about the 88's when I see the thirst going on in the '88 Thread.

At the end of the day do what you want with your money....just don't be shocked if any of this turns out to be true about them being repackaged.

Can't get over the knowledge dropped on this last page about the 88's when I see the thirst going on in the '88 Thread.

At the end of the day do what you want with your money....just don't be shocked if any of this turns out to be true about them being repackaged.

This...

Repackage and re-brand some old stock III's...Tell everybody they are limited ~Again...they just left overs the 2011 release~...Charge $200 for them and watch the money fall out of peoples pockets...

Somebody over there actually pitched the idea to "higher ups" that they should hold over some of the III's stock, sit on them for a couple years, slap a Nike Air patch on them at what seems like a very minimal cost, and resell them at a higher price...Essentially Nike has become the largest scale reseller of their own product...

If you can't beat them join them as the old saying goes...

All this revolving around a clearly inferior product...:smh:

Meanwhile you have brands like Reebok who put out a high quality retro that's on par with the original models at a cost that is very, very close to the original retail price on the shoes...Yet we keep getting fed this quality at cost can't be done BS...

This...

Repackage and re-brand some old stock III's...Tell everybody they are limited ~Again...they just left overs the 2011 release~...Charge $200 for them and watch the money fall out of peoples pockets...

Somebody over there actually pitched the idea to "higher ups" that they should hold over some of the III's stock, sit on them for a couple years, slap a Nike Air patch on them at what seems like a very minimal cost, and resell them at a higher price...Essentially Nike has become the largest scale reseller of their own product...

If you can't beat them join them as the old saying goes...

All this revolving around a clearly inferior product...:smh:

Meanwhile you have brands like Reebok who put out a high quality retro that's on par with the original models at a cost that is very, very close to the original retail price on the shoes...Yet we keep getting fed this quality at cost can't be done BS...

Yeah I seen one of the Retros or w/e of the Iverson Answers... and the tumbled leather on that was sooo soft... lol. Or maybe I'm trippin'

Yeah I seen one of the Retros or w/e of the Iverson Answers... and the tumbled leather on that was sooo soft... lol. Or maybe I'm trippin'

Yeah same here, the quality on all the AI retros have been on point. Atleast imo..

Back
Top Bottom