JORDAN 1 Black-Red -- RETAIL Vs FAKE-GM PAIRS ULTIMATE COMPARISON ON THE 1ST PAGE!!!!RECEIPTS ARE NO

Yeah the Bulls/Celtics DMPs were a so-so release. I got that pack below retail not long after they first came out, but sold them as soon as I got the Banned Is.

That's a good point. 1s really don't cost that much to make. And the RTTG LV retailed for $130. Absolutely no reason why JB can't put that same effort of leather quality to these OG 1s this year. Imo

Sure the question is you really think they are going to? Could only hope for homie

Thanks for the replies! How much would you guys pay for a used pack? I found one that I'm debating to purchase in case I strike out on the release for the upcoming breds as consolation

Mike had some serious hangtime. Still cant believe kids argue me on bron, kobe and some others having the top dunk skills. As everyone else here says, smh.

Sure the question is you really think they are going to? Could only hope for homie
Nah bro. I don't know what it is. A very small part of me still hopes JB will improve their quality but its not going to happen. These OG 1s were a nice surprise in quality but it could still be a lot better. Even sadder part is, JB raising their prices next year. :smh:

Mike had some serious hangtime. Still cant believe kids argue me on bron, kobe and some others having the top dunk skills. As everyone else here says, smh.
Jordan dunked ALLOVER people.... anybody. now days they USUALLY only make them when the guy doesn't want to get dunked on and just gives them the dunk. Lebron rarely does a spectacular dunk ON or over somebody.

Last edited:
Shhhhhhh don't let jb hear you say that their idea of quality and ours are two differant things
laugh.gif
but I agree I'd do 250 for banned type leather
you are SICK in the head. absolutely SICK. that is INSANE. Jordans used to cost considerably less than we are paying now, and had very high quality leather
mean.gif

The sad thing is, you can tell that some of these dudes aren't new to liking sneakers. I guess they just make enough money to where $140 and $250-300 affect their pockets the same way. Congratulations for that, but before saying some stupid $#*+ like that, please think about what you're saying. We can have great quality for what we're paying, but people that are okay with paying MORE for quality give Jordan Brand no incentives to do so.

I'm pretty sure that when we receive high-quality from JB, it's because the designers want to see it, not because they feel like consumers deserve it. We as a collective have long ago shown that we really don't seem to care. Rather have thin, stiff split-grain leather so that our shoes don't crease than have butter. It is what it is, I guess. I just hope that the resale market crashes, because I want to be able to hurry up and grab all of the pairs I want right now before I have to possibly stomach the option of paying JB $200+ for a bad imitation a few years from now.

the only thing I disagree with you on is idt we will get high quality from JB until they HAVE to. They won't address it until they actually aren't selling and these kids and ******s stop holding sneaker events and charging each other and ACTUALLY paying hundreds to thousands of dollars for dumb shoes with **** quality and cheap canvas materials and crap. as long as jb sees this happening, they will cash in on it too and throw us some limited canvas for $200
mean.gif

Last edited:
By that part, I meant that we got solid leather on the Banned and Vegas I's, just because the designers probably felt that their design wouldn't be complete without it. They didn't do it for us, they did that for themselves because they know we don't care.

I absolutely wholeheartedly agree with everything you've posted on the last two pages.

I really cant figure why just those 2 shoes got that quality treatment. Banneds maybe but overall i dont get it.

Kobe dunked on people just like Mike did. LeBron doesn't for some odd reason. Vince Carter and Dominique Wilkins were better dunkers then them all though. Nothing compares to what Vince Carter did as far as dunking goes.

Kobe dunked on people just like Mike did. LeBron doesn't for some odd reason. Vince Carter and Dominique Wilkins were better dunkers then them all though. Nothing compares to what Vince Carter did as far as dunking goes.

I agree. Vince was amazing in his prime. I guess the majority will pick MJ but imo Vince was the man, which is no knock on MJ of course. I don't think LeBron really likes contact but he's got a few posterizations. (Insert Damon Jones gif [emoji]128064[/emoji])

Again JB knows his retros are rarely used for on court but rather now casual wear. When the shoes came out all the materials were meant to hold up while PERFORMING. 

Since JB knows that people just wear for fashion 9/10 times they raised the price and dont need all the materials and stuff to hold up like before because NO ONE IS PERFORMING IN THEM. If your a casual wearer I really dont see the need to complain about quality sure its not the best but it sure is hell not the worse for a shoe most people put on to walk around in 
tired.gif
. Besides like jordan stated before he wants to make his brand a luxury item and the quality has gotten better and he is addressing problems like yellowing in the clear soles and paint cracking. People are always going to complain and since demand for these shoes are high why wouldnt he raise prices? 

Clearly if JB saw people still playing basketball in his shoes then the shoes would just evolve like Air Maxes do. Materials would change to help the performer like making the AM90 into Em, thats an invention to help the performer because most people still run in Air Maxes. I'm sure if JB changed his materials from leather to like the stuff used in Lebrons or Em or w.e. have you yall would be pissed saying its not like the ogs. If you are a casual wear im not going say you have no right to complain because you do but damn give JB some slack and look at it from a different angle. 

Thank you.

Some of you need to stop bending over backwards and offering Nike all your money. Chill out.

How many pair of Jordans do you have cuz?

At this point, around 20 pairs. Why?

Just because I got Air Jordans, doesn't mean I'm about to give them ****** $300 for a pair of shoes. Dudes got the game ****** up. You're supposed to expect prices to lower, not sit around and talk about how much you'll willingly give a company. Thats why these ****** got cats by the ballsack now.

I ain't ever heard anyone say "If we could get all premium gas, I'd be willing to pay $10 a gallon"

These joints better not be any more than $160 (max).

Last edited:
Besides like jordan stated before he wants to make his brand a luxury item and the quality has gotten better and he is addressing problems like yellowing in the clear soles and paint cracking.

None of those problems have gotten better, and the "nubuck" and "leather have gotten worse. Look at any Jordan 3, 4 or 5 released recently. Not exactly luxury.

Last edited:
None of those problems have gotten better, and the "nubuck" and "leather have gotten worse. Look at any Jordan 3, 4 or 5 released recently. Not exactly luxury.
They switched from nubuck to durabuck thats a plus. You cant tell me the icy bottoms hasnt slowed down yellowing and the paint cracking we would just have to see. I guess you didnt read the rest of what I said tho. The leather for 3,4 & 5s these past years is their way of fixing creases because again not many people performers in these shoes anymore. People just love to find fault I bet everyone who says the leather on the 5s are bad own a pair of Grapes. Just Fyi thats the same leather just a more popular shoe so people wont complain as much. Yall comparing old JB to new JB no other brand quality of leather is that much better than JB so why complain if no one else on the market is offering higher quality of leather etc. 

lol okay. I see all of your points and why mine is crazy. But I have my reasons why I said what I said though I don't want to blow it up to a big argument. Perhaps it was extreme. But regardless, JB needs to step it up but we all know they won't

They switched from nubuck to durabuck thats a plus. You cant tell me the icy bottoms hasnt slowed down yellowing and the paint cracking we would just have to see. I guess you didnt read the rest of what I said tho. The leather for 3,4 & 5s these past years is their way of fixing creases because again not many people performers in these shoes anymore. People just love to find fault I bet everyone who says the leather on the 5s are bad own a pair of Grapes. Just Fyi thats the same leather just a more popular shoe so people wont complain as much. Yall comparing old JB to new JB no other brand quality of leather is that much better than JB so why complain if no one else on the market is offering higher quality of leather etc. 

The leather on both the Royal and Shadow 1's that just dropped are way better than the 5's. I got rid of my grapes and the color on my Bred 4's is terribly faded after 3 wears even though I've put them back in the box not to mention the chipping. Military 4's and BC 3's chipped after 3-4 wears. Not arguing just offering a different point of view. Seeing as it was pointed out how they want to become a more "luxury" item these problems shouldn't exist. I'm not one to nitpick about creasing because that's a given but my royals have the best leather since my 09 shadows. Why not use that grade of leather if they're going to raise prices and call em luxury?

Last edited:
lol okay. I see all of your points and why mine is crazy. But I have my reasons why I said what I said though I don't want to blow it up to a big argument. Perhaps it was extreme. But regardless, JB needs to step it up but we all know they won't
I didnt mean to say anything you said was crazy but okay. 

Back
Top Bottom