JORDAN BRAND and LEVI'S Announce the 23/501 Collection

Status
Not open for further replies.
501's are my levis of choice. But not everybody likes that skinny look "nut huggers" is'nt far from the truth lol. i like them because of thecut of the cuff (stops at top of shoes and fits under the tounge perfectly) BUT HOW WILL THEY DO THE SIZING?

Denim + elephant print??? This should be interesting...

jp_aj3sil_jean_8.jpg

theyre jordan brand btw

I'm way too excited for this one. I can't wait until more information surfaces.

my guess is online release
that way you can choose what size jeans and t-shirt u get with the package
like how they did the white laser IVs

man servers are gonna be hit durin this release

Here's an article. More info in here, inlcuding the fact it'll be limited to 2,323 packs and the fact the jeans have a leather guard on their hems toprotect sneakers from bleeding:

From Defining Men's Fashion, by Jessica Pallay:

Levi's and Jordan Brand Link Up

BY JESSICA PALLAY

Nov. 26, 2007

NEW YORK - In the age of collaborations, Levi's and Nike's Jordan Brand have caught the bug. The two apparel icons-Jordan as the face of basketballgear and Levi's as the denim king-are expected to announce a partnership today that will yield a limited-edition set of jeans, sneakers and a T-shirt.
The co-branded collection, called 23/501, will have a run of just 2,323 kits (23 was Michael Jordan's basketball jersey number), each of which will includea pair of Levi's 501 jeans, an Air Jordan Retro 1 style sneaker and a brushed cotton T-shirt featuring a graphic mix of both brand's iconic imagery.

"This is a great way to bring together two classic, authentically American brands," explained Douglas Sweeney, director of consumer marketing for theLevi's brand. "We both share a passionate fan base and we both own clear leadership positions in our respective categories."

With a release date of March 1, the 23/501 collaboration incorporates details from both Levi's and Jordan into each component. Levi's raw selvedge 501denim is lined with Jordan's iconic elephant print and includes such features as Jordan "Jumpman" embroidery on one pocket and six goldrings-symbolizing Jordan's six championships-on the inside of the button fly. To protect sneakers from the raw denim bleed, the bottom hem is lined with aleather sneaker guard.

The Air Jordans are similarly adorned with Levi's details, like reverse-side denim (also printed in Jordan's elephant pattern), denim stitching and theLevi's red tab. Both products, along with the collectible T-shirt, are encased in a large keepsake box, decorated with graphics from each brand andcontaining acrylic placards with Levi's and Jordan's respective histories. Each box is numbered to ensure authenticity.

"Collaborations are a dime a dozen," said Fran Boller, business director of apparel for the Jordan brand. "But this product goes above andbeyond just slapping two names together. Everything, from the items you are buying to the packaging they come in, is a collectible."

With a $395 price tag, the 23/501 is fit for the increasingly savvy streetwear customer, a guy who Jordan already targets, and with whom Levi's has latelyfound tremendous success. Many streetwear retailers report that classic Levi's styles dominate their denim categories, thanks to a backlash from theover-embroidered looks that have categorized young men's denim in the past.

The 23/501 collaboration will hit that demographic squarely, with retail distribution at high-end streetwear and sneaker shops, specialty chains and, ofcourse, selected Levi's and NikeTown stores.
Scott Collins, GMM of Downtown Locker Room, will offer the 23/501 kit at several of the chain's stores. "The execution on this and the attention todetail are tremendous," he said. "Each item can stand on its own or be worn together. But out of every 10 that are sold, nine are never going to getworn. It's a brilliant collectible."

The market for collectible collaborations has exploded in recent years, from high/low combinations, like H&M and Roberto Cavalli, to underground streetwearpairings, like Penfield and Maharishi. While Levi's has thus far joined forces with several small brands and artists, including Alife and Damien Hirst, itsJordan collaboration is the first mega-brand Levi's has aligned itself with.

Meanwhile, Jordan, although owned by collaboration-happy Nike, has shied away from partnerships. Explained Boller, "Most companies would get more of abenefit from our brand than we'd get from them."
Thanks to its iconic brand name, though, Boller contends, the Levi's partnership is an effective way to forge its first collaborative relationship withanother apparel company. "This sets the platform for future collaborations in apparel and shoes," she said, intimating that a high-end designerpairing could come next. "There are endless opportunities out there for us to get involved."

As for the Jordan/Levi's pairing, Boller hopes to keep Jordan involved with the denim kingpin, with possible biannual limited-edition releases and,eventually, a Jordan staple style in Levi's line of denim.

"Levi's has a lot of the same qualities that we have," she said. "We're really doing something very special here."

From the joint press release:

Specific Levi's(R) Store locations include: Soho, NYC; the San Francisco, CA Flagship; Santa Monica, CA; Chicago, IL (Michigan Ave. location) and on lineat http://www.levi.com

No word on which Niketowns yet, although some Downtown Locker Rooms will have these.

... my skepticism remains

How can they do something like this to the Michael Jordan name?

The dead serious hoody already proves a flop in the hypebeast market

The brand is slowly losing that stand-alone prestige.

I'm not going to lie. I'm intrigued and I want to throw up at the same time. The jeans do sound interesting (except for the jumpman on the outside). Ifthey would have included an OG Jordan Colorway or at least the OG cut in a mainly white colorway with just a denim swoosh (or something of that nature) I wouldbe more interested. Also, I can't say the price tag is horrible (considering the cheapest Levis salvege denim is usually around $200), but they could haveeasily made this pack $300.

pack is wayyyyyy too expensive but a Denim AJ I sounds sick i just dont know how they're going to use denim and elephant print together

IMO this idea sounds fire ... I think levis is one of the hottest U.S. clothing lines, and JB no words necessary
happy.gif
... $ 395 is a little steep but JB can't be out in this collabo just to make money,because according to sneakerfiles.com there are only going to be 2,323 packs sold at select levi's and niketowns retailers... but ^^^ is somewhat right Ineed to see the pics to drive the mia niketown and sleep out... but if the pack is hot i'd be so bout it

Originally Posted by jcuk23

Originally Posted by AirUpHere23

It's an interesting concept...but for $395 a pair of Evisu jeans better be thrown in. I know the retail on Levis jeans, I have an accurate guess of what a Levis t-shirt should cost, and I know the cost of a Jordan 1 Retro...case in point, there should be no way it amounts to almost 4 bills. That's crazy...I'd love to see pics, but I know hypebeasts will be rockin em asap. I can promise you that~

Whats the difference between a vintage Levi jean and a Evisu Jean? Nothing..............................
Well for starters one's a nutt hugger the other isn't.

gotta say 395 if a steep price, but itll probably be worth it

cant go wrong with jordan made out of levis jeans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom