Jordan Brand will be remastering (building better quality shoes) starting in 2015

I think you answered your own thought

In terms of numbers of colorways, this cycle was definitely the year of the 7's. But due to almost every non-OG colorway being terrible, the only hype landed on 2 pairs so the whole "year" seems like a dud. JB tried some new ideas for colors combos, but I think they whiffed on pretty much all of them

Can someone please explain to me why Jordan Brand is pushing the Gym Red color instead of Varsity Red. Gym Red is a butt ugly shade of red. Plus it has no history. What's the point? Bring back Varsity Red or even Fire Red please Jordan Brand. This Gym Red crap has played out!

Partly agree. I prefer true red over varsity red because it's more vibrant.

View media item 1674299

These were the last Shoe MJ ever wore in an official NBA Game, IDK i kinda like them
I had the black/sport royal 18's and man, those shoes were sooooooooooo comfortable! That blue strip on the midsole was soooo responsive. My only issue I had with the 18's was that they were extremely wide for my feet and somewhat heavy, but other then that, they were sick! Those are one of my favorite jordans from the Post Jordan 1-14 time frame along with the stealth 20's and stealth 23's.

Quick question for the niketalkers that get good and solid info for future products. Will upcoming models be corrected. If they keep the 23 year anniversary trend. Will jordans like the 11s left shoe have the jump man facing the same direction as the original pairs. Will jordan Xs come with nike air on the heel and etc. Just inquiring or is is to early to think about it.

Quick question for the niketalkers that get good and solid info for future products. Will upcoming models be corrected. If they keep the 23 year anniversary trend. Will jordans like the 11s left shoe have the jump man facing the same direction as the original pairs. Will jordan Xs come with nike air on the heel and etc. Just inquiring or is is to early to think about it.
????

The Jordan X never had Nike Air branding on the heels.  3s, 4s, 5s, and 6s originally had Nike Air branding on the heels.

????

The Jordan X never had Nike Air branding on the heels.  3s, 4s, 5s, and 6s originally had Nike Air branding on the heels.

He probably means the logo on the insole (which could be considered the "heel" as well).

The answer is... we don't know. Seems they are going that way with some models (i.e. the recent 7's, like the Hare's and Bordeaux's, and soon to be the Maroon 6's)... but who knows.

Actually I don't care about nike logos on the insoles as you usually don't see them when they are worn :smile:
But JB should fix the nike logos on the upper and outsoles, fix design details like toe box shapes, lace loops and jumpman facing the correct direction.

Actually I don't care about nike logos on the insoles as you usually don't see them when they are worn :smile:
But JB should fix the nike logos on the upper and outsoles, fix design details like toe box shapes, lace loops and jumpman facing the correct direction.

I agree with you but JB really don't have to do any of that. They know if the slap NA on them they will sell out regardless.

I agree with you but JB really don't have to do any of that. They know if the slap NA on them they will sell out regardless.
come on man, now it's a business tactic to slap NA on stuff when people have been wanting it for years?

Yeah, if you think that putting NA on them and rising the prices isn't a business tactic I don't know what too tell you.

Last edited:
I have personally been impressed by a number of the remastered shoes that released this year.

I was impressed with the following: columbia and oreo IV's, BOB's (bulls over broadway), Chicago I's, SBB I's

I was not impressed by the following: statue (spirit) IX's (felt them in person and I was not impressed with the leather, Chicago X's (I thought they were very nice but the BOB leather was way softer), Bordeaux and Hare 7's.

It's just not consistent with every shoe unfortunately. What do you guys think? What have you been impressed with/not impressed with so far?

Anyone know what the Oreo 4's are going for in a size 9? Been wanting to pick them up for a long time and I see them going for retail, or in some cases below retail, on the Bay. Just wanted other opinions.

I have personally been impressed by a number of the remastered shoes that released this year.

I was impressed with the following: columbia and oreo IV's, BOB's (bulls over broadway), Chicago I's, SBB I's

I was not impressed by the following: statue (spirit) IX's (felt them in person and I was not impressed with the leather, Chicago X's (I thought they were very nice but the BOB leather was way softer), Bordeaux and Hare 7's.

It's just not consistent with every shoe unfortunately. What do you guys think? What have you been impressed with/not impressed with so far?

JB has really been burning me out the last few years with bad quality, so my only purchase has been Hare VII,
and Black/Red low XIII on a whim.
I tried on French VII, and Columbia+Oreo IV

I do find the comfort and padding to be slightly improved over recent years. And the leather quality seems better
But my biggest problem has been the terrible shape of 4,5 and 7, which JB completely failed to fix.
So overall, I give the "remaster" a D+

Last edited:
JB has really been burning me out the last few years with bad quality, so my only purchase has been Hare VII,

I do find the comfort and padding to be slightly improved over recent years. And the leather quality seems better
But my biggest problem has been the terrible shape of 4,5 and 7, which JB completely failed to fix.

You didn't like the Oreo or Columbia 4's? I liked them a lot and thought the leather was great on both. Did you just not like the shape?

I had the Hare 7's from the CDP pack which is why I didn't cop this year's hares.

You didn't like the Oreo or Columbia 4's? I liked them a lot and thought the leather was great on both. Did you just not like the shape?

I had the Hare 7's from the CDP pack which is why I didn't cop this year's hares.

Ya, it was pretty much just the shape.
Materials seemed adequate, but I couldn't abide by the decade old unacceptable shape, considering all the hype JB put out about the "remaster"

Ya, it was pretty much just the shape.
Materials seemed adequate, but I couldn't abide by the decade old unacceptable shape, considering all the hype JB put out about the "remaster"

Gotcha. Well, if you ever see a pair for cheap, I'd highly recommend them. They're super comfortable man. I think some of the comfort on the newer retros has been great.

Yeah, if you think that putting NA on them and rising the prices isn't a business tactic I don't know what too tell you.
raising the price yea I guess, but giving people what these been whining about for years, nah

also funny how people got what they want and now they try and toss conspiracies or just hate on jb for it

raising the price yea I guess, but giving people what these been whining about for years, nah

also funny how people got what they want and now they try and toss conspiracies or just hate on jb for it

IMO JB's not giving people what they want because they care about their consumers, JB is putting NA on retros because hype is at an all time high and they know they can use NA to sell people the same shoes they already have for a higher price. When NA should have been on them all along.

"Remastered" as in they are using OK materials now instead of crap materials they been using. And they make it seem like they r doing something special when in fact they r doing the basics

"Remastered" as in they are using OK materials now instead of crap materials they been using. And they make it seem like they r doing something special when in fact they r doing the basics
I haven't been picking up a lot of JB releases this year, but I usually make a trip to the store to check out the materials.

The leather quality is much softer compared to what we were getting.

I felt the chrome 6 lows yesterday and was instantly pissed!!! They should have used that type of quality nubuck on the infrared 6s last year

Back
Top Bottom