Jordan Jumpman Swift 6

City Gear's website has then for $140 with Free shipping but only in size 10 as of now which is strange.....anyone have a City Gear coupon code?

20190109000714.jpg

20190109000716.jpg

20190109000711.jpg

Lakers mock is cool I guess. But who asked? EJ wore these during his Hornets days. Give us an all-white w/ red suede toes and gold jumpman. -A nod to his Heat tenure

Lakers mock is cool I guess. But who asked? EJ wore these during his Hornets days. Give us an all-white w/ red suede toes and gold jumpman. -A nod to his Heat tenure

I could see him wearing that Laker flavor if he had not been traded the season prior.

Dog I need these. I wanted these bad as **** as a kid. I’m grabbing them as soon as they hit that half off mark.

I hear you but ... really? The AJ 15 is so bad. Tinker even knows it's trash (watch the Netflix Abstract episode on him). Perception and history goes a long way. BUT ... if we had a time machine and could reverse reality to where these Swift 6s were originally the annual Air Jordan and the 15s were the team shoe that year, would anyone now be saying it should have been different? NO way.

But I am aware that's just my opinion. What I do know is, I was there in 99-00, and the 15s were a joke. We all laughed at them like, WTF is THAT? Marketing goes a fair long way, so if they tell you that's THE Jordan, then it is so. But if "they" told you the Swift 6 was THE Jordan, and the actual 15 was the team shoe, I am confident the views on it today would be a bit different. No one will ever convince me the 15 looks better than these Swifts. Swifts are sick especially from that era. Actual 15s are still awful LOL

If you reversed history and considered these as the AJ 15s I truly think people would have thought that they'd be a worthy successor of the 14s. Maybe I'm saying this as well because Jordan wore these in the instructional video and they give a signature vibe to me but I felt that way when these originally released as well. Did the Flight School video of Jordan wearing these release before the 15s came out?

If you reversed history and considered these as the AJ 15s I truly think people would have thought that they'd be a worthy successor of the 14s. Maybe I'm saying this as well because Jordan wore these in the instructional video and they give a signature vibe to me but I felt that way when these originally released as well. Did the Flight School video of Jordan wearing these release before the 15s came out?

Totally. There's no denying the fact that some shoes--maybe more than just some--in the Jordan lineup get love just because they are THE Air Jordan for the year in question. The way I look at it, I sometimes consider how many pairs of a shoe I think would have sold if they didn't have a jumpman and weren't called Air Jordan. The 15 is the worst, but even a shoe like the 10 (no offense to all the 10 lovers on NT) ... if that had been just another Nike bball shoe, would it have sold much originally and would any good amount of people be clamoring for retros of it today? Kind of doubt it.

But that's part of how this Air Jordan thing works, which is just fine. Which is also why I believe, if the Swift had been the 15, no one would be sitting here today (or back then) saying, hey no, that shoe just isn't right to be a sig Jordan model. Its design language fits amazingly well alongside the 12s, 13s and 14s. Especially the white/black pair. You've got the black toe (same as 13, 14), the black lace cover mimicking the black tongues on the 13 and 14, the quilted white leather (like the 12). And then you have the laceless look, predating the shrouds that were right around the corner with the 16 and 17. Yeah, the Swift would've made perfect sense in the line's evolution and as the Air Jordan 15. Only thing I imagine they'd have done in that case possibly is dropping the foam "wings" on the sides of the shoes in favor of a cleaner look. Whatever, either way, it's a dope shoe. Glad I got my pair.

XVs were a unique design. However the 2k9’s and 2010s were worse to me.

Edit: Well damn, didn’t know ndc offered military discount online. Had a $25 gift card too. $101+ tax and free shipping? Sold.

Last edited:
But that's part of how this Air Jordan thing works, which is just fine. Which is also why I believe, if the Swift had been the 15, no one would be sitting here today (or back then) saying, hey no, that shoe just isn't right to be a sig Jordan model. Its design language fits amazingly well alongside the 12s, 13s and 14s. Especially the white/black pair. You've got the black toe (same as 13, 14), the black lace cover mimicking the black tongues on the 13 and 14, the quilted white leather (like the 12). And then you have the laceless look, predating the shrouds that were right around the corner with the 16 and 17. Yeah, the Swift would've made perfect sense in the line's evolution and as the Air Jordan 15. Only thing I imagine they'd have done in that case possibly is dropping the foam "wings" on the sides of the shoes in favor of a cleaner look. Whatever, either way, it's a dope shoe. Glad I got my pair.

I'm indifferent to the 15; don't love or hate it. But you know... when you put it like that while staring at pictures, it becomes painfully obvious had the Swifts been the real 15 (and had Michael wore/promoted them) they would be just as praised today as the 14. They honestly look not only like a proper successor, but also an upgrade with the hidden laces/midfoot wing (which gave it futuristic look), and the zipper system (Imagine a zipper on an actual Air Jordan back then?! Cats would have went nuts). It obviously would have some refinement in areas though with heel zoom, that funny back Jumpman, and just certain little things around.

jordan-jumpman-swift-white-black-tour-yellow-at2555-100-lateral

What impact would it have had on the 16 had this been the real thing?

I got my white/black pair in over the weekend. My fiancé accidentally got me a half size down than what I normally wear but they broke in extremely well. Only knock on this is that I can’t zip all the way and that may have occurred if she got me tts but I wouldn’t wear them fully zipped anyways.

I have received a ton of “what are those” but in a good way and have gotten more compliments on these than other retro signature Jordans that I’ve purchased in recent memory because of the different look. A lot of people have asked if these are a special edition 15 or the Mosses. I wholeheartedly recommend purchasing these.

Back
Top Bottom